Shastri wants Tendulkar as batting consultant

1 hour ago, velu said:

after this  sachin might recommend gavasakr for some role 

Gavaskar might recommend Rohit Sharma

Rohit Sharma might recommend Kohli...

Kohli might recommend Dhoni...

Dhoni might recommend Ishant Sharma

....and that's how we get our batting consultant Ishant Sharma...,leader of pack.

11 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

we should give batting coach post to an decent batsman who has worked his way into becoming a genius level batsman - like Rahul Dravid

not a born prodigy like Sachin Tendulkar 

just my opinion. but it wouldn't hurt if SRT can spend some time with our lads Rahul, Pujara and help them get closer to perfection

True, but I hope Dravid stays far far away from this team and its coach .

They don't deserve Dravid.

He is better off coaching youngsters who need and want to be coached.

These batting divas need back scratchers not coaches.

Edited by beetle

It is not about Tendulkar or Dravid or batting consultant, its about Shahstri getting back at Ganguly. He wants to put Ganguly down by getting his say over Ganguly. Whole thing is a circus, and Shahstri could have been the worst selection needed after Kumble-Kohli rift. 

Edited by wanted_desi

Dnt believe much in conspiracy theories, but I wont be surprised if Kohli & co. deliberately lost that CT Final on June 18th to ensure Kumble goes. No way coach can be removed after winning a world event....there would have been serious backlash. Of-course we can lose a cricket match but the way we played that game was very fishy. You dont lose in such a fashion against a team whom you just beat by 240 runs couple of weeks ago. Someone must investigate that game. Its an insult for all fans...especially like us who spend hard earn money to watch it live in the stadium.

Over the period in various roles since he took off his helmet, I dont see Sachin interested in any serious time consuming job/role. Guy has done enough and should be left in peace.

I will be surprised if he takes up the offer. Even if he is forced to take batting consultant role, He will do exactly what he did in his Rajya Sabha stint.

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Dnt believe much in conspiracy theories, but I wont be surprised if Kohli & co. deliberately lost that CT Final on June 18th to ensure Kumble goes. No way coach can be removed after winning a world event....there would have been serious backlash. Of-course we can lose a cricket match but the way we played that game was very fishy. You dont lose in such a fashion against a team whom you just beat by 240 runs couple of weeks ago. Someone must investigate that game. Its an insult for all fans...especially like us who spend hard earn money to watch it live in the stadium.

Dude as much as I hate what has happened to Kumble, I find it hard to believe that any of our current cricketers would deliberately play bad to settle scores. Kumble anyway wasn't removed, he resigned, which he may have done eitherway. We lost, they played better, time to move on

3 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Yeah dhonis innigs was really suspect. 4(18) was it?

Kuch bhi :facepalm:

4 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I don't think they deliberately lost the match. But I do think the coaching drama had an impact on their performance. They seemed somewhat disinterested, as if there was a "I don't give a f.ck" attitude...

I don't however want to draw any definite conclusions, and am happy to give them the benefit of doubt. But the whole sequence of events from multiple partes has left a very bad taste in the mouth