Sign in to follow this  
Reddysaab

Has the new update to cricinfo broken the desktop version?

I miss the old cricinfo layout, they made too many changes  post 2011 world cup and more after 2015.

The website was simple and easy to use.

They are going the Fench Open website route becoming the most pathetic desktop sports website, French Open's rolandgarros site is the shytest site on planet btw.

This is not the best picture of the old site, but site was brilliant to visit during this time. I really miss the old school cricinfo

IMG_2502.PNG

15 minutes ago, Vilander said:

all posts asking for project manager and QA manager to be fired ( again and again) is from Reddysaheb wonder if Reddygaru is one of the disgruntled tech team member...:giggle:

again and again? i said that in one post.

no way i dont work under such cheapos

finally able to run the website and it seems fully functional. I like it better than the last version... ofcourse nothing beats the vintage version that is mentioned by Cricketics in the above post. that was the best.

but this current version combines some vintage elements and has a classier feel to it than the previous version. especially  the current version looks really good in mobile.

1 hour ago, Reddysaab said:

finally able to run the website and it seems fully functional. I like it better than the last version... ofcourse nothing beats the vintage version that is mentioned by Cricketics in the above post. that was the best.

but this current version combines some vintage elements and has a classier feel to it than the previous version. especially  the current version looks really good in mobile.

strategic retreat..

For the Ind - SL-PX1 match, I am able to see only the updates for the odd overs.. :facepalm:

The layout is horrible.. With the buttons for live/scorecard being stickied

Not the best. When I first entered I couldn't find the scores. I realised afterwards that it's at the top. The scores should be on the right or left hand side, not like a small thing at the top. Very poor. Big dislike. 

It looks like they changed the layout to fit more with the regular ESPN website. 

I like the wagon wheel they have on the new layout when on the commentary page for a live match, but I don't like the overly light blue color scheme. 

To check scores on mobile or desktop, cricbuzz is the fastest and most user friendly... Opening scores or match related articles was horrible in cricinfo. But for all others cricinfo is like a Bible..

Horrible UI changes.   Top half and sides of the screen are wasted, and you barely see any written commentary - one of the main draws of cricinfo scorecard.  Plus I'm really pissed that they got rid of the over comparison in the stats tab.   Gives you a good view of the momentum of the game, especially comparing the 2 innings side by side.  

Ongoing games are harder to find if they are not international.  Even on mobile sometimes FC games are listed above test matches and you have to scroll way below to find the one international game that's in progress.   

Essentially, ESPN wanted cricinfo to align its backend with theirs, but the front-end is completely POS now.  Less functional, broken links, unintuitive defaults - just stupid.  

If you want to see the commentary for a current game, and go back a few overs, it will take you like 5 clicks and endless scrolling to get there.   

I absolutely hate the changes - I bet Cricbuzz is laughing all the way to the bank.

They just copied soccernet website. I think both are same ESPN run. But it's not working in the cricket website. Cricket just need scores, news and words should be kept minimum. There isn't much gossip in cricket unlike in football.

On 8/10/2017 at 9:31 AM, sandeep said:

Ongoing games are harder to find if they are not international.  Even on mobile sometimes FC games are listed above test matches and you have to scroll way below to find the one international game that's in progress.   

Essentially, ESPN wanted cricinfo to align its backend with theirs, but the front-end is completely POS now.  Less functional, broken links, unintuitive defaults - just stupid.  

If you want to see the commentary for a current game, and go back a few overs, it will take you like 5 clicks and endless scrolling to get there.   

I absolutely hate the changes - I bet Cricbuzz is laughing all the way to the bank.

It's stupid. Even when you click on full commentary you have to scroll endlessly. :facepalm:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.