Sign in to follow this  
Cricketics

Final - ICC Women's World Cup 2017 - India vs England

1 minute ago, beetle said:

One good over some where in between is all we needed.

Yes.. Poonam was in absolute control against every single bowler. That was like a loss of concentration.  Veda and Deepti should have seen this off. Fate. But A Shrubsole was too good.

So close yet so far :wall:

Overall very well played India. Beat the best teams Eng, NZ and Aus to reach the finals. Were in the game in the finals till the very end, at times being favourites to win.

If only they held their nerve a little better, they could have been World Champions.

Edited by philcric

Nerves got the better of India. Should have won. We as a nation have been missing that killer instinct. 

Oh well...you girls did very well. Lots of positives, but what could have been! India wouldn't have been the same if they had won. Celebrations would have been insane. Could have done A LOT for women who are interested in cricket and/or sports.

1 minute ago, philcric said:

Manju is seriously such a panauti  :wall:

The whole game turned on its head while he was there.

deep down he doesn't like girls doing well. Inferiority complex is high in him.

Choke job :wall: this was the best opportunity to win but still kudos to the girls very well played :hatsoff:

They probably don't have the facilities these Goris have...The girls are so gutted :((

And  they don't joke and laugh with the opponents in the presentation ceremony-They really wanted this

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Choke job :wall: this was the best opportunity to win but still kudos to the girls very well played :hatsoff:

They probably don't have the facilities these Goris have...The girls are so gutted :((

And  they don't joke and laugh with the opponents in the presentation ceremony-They really wanted this

We won't see anyone laughing at all. We should have won it, but the girls gave more than anything. 

This England women cricket team is the Australia of men cricket team. They know how to win world cups. Doesn't do much for world cricket though. India needed this. I am gutted.

Edited by WC2011INDIA

2 minutes ago, WC2011INDIA said:

@beetle It's time to ban @Shaz1 for that thread. Also, @Cricketics needs to take some time off as well. Last match we would have lost if he had opened that infamous thread sooner. 

:angel::angel:shant ho jao.

Don't be superstitious.:bandit:

Only one who is a panauti is Manju. Uska kuch karna padega:thinking:

2 minutes ago, beetle said:

:angel::angel:shant ho jao.

Don't be superstitious.:bandit:

Only one who is a panauti is Manju. Uska kuch karna padega:thinking:

My concern is that will BCCI invest good money and provide good facilities for these cricketers going forward?

The men team enjoys all kinds of luxury even when they don't perform. I think our female team has shown they are fully capable of doing wonderful things.

I fear BCCI will just think that the team fluked its way to final and will forget these girls. I want heavy investment in women cricket. Enough of supporting men cricket. 

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.