Can Vedha Krishnamurthy do a Dhoni and finish this game for us ?

velu

I think she had the confidence to finish early,  chose the wrong time to slog, at that the plan was to play run a ball. Do you take singles or try to finish early.  The plan to send Verma ahead of Deepti Sharma (who has scored 188 this year against Denmark) added to her pressure.

Overall, fun game. 191-3 to 219 a.o :sad:

4 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

sorry but the Kaur girl was a little arrogant in trying to slog sweep when the RRR was 5 something  and we had 8 wickets in hand.

I wonder who is the coach of the team. Too many airy fairies. Only Mithali Raj played shots on the ground. All other batters had either defense or shots in the air, Rohit Sharma ishtyle. T20 spoiling them? 

12 hours ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

sorry but the Kaur girl was a little arrogant in trying to slog sweep when the RRR was 5 something  and we had 8 wickets in hand.

5 is a lot of RR in woman's cricket. It is very difficult for them to score run a ball without taking risks.

12 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I wonder who is the coach of the team. Too many airy fairies. Only Mithali Raj played shots on the ground. All other batters had either defense or shots in the air, Rohit Sharma ishtyle. T20 spoiling them? 

that is woman cricket is played. It is not easy for them to play risk free single-double game. They are  not quick runners, they are not skilled enough to find gaps and neither have power in their ground shots to beat fielders in the circle.

That's why Dhoni's innings is one of the greatest knocks in ODIs. Chasing in World Cup final and that too in front of home crowd of 100,000 people and after having lost Sachin, Sehwag early takes immense mental strength and resolve. Some losers who spend all their time on internet and at best can only give arm chair opinions can never understand that. 

Edited by kubrickian
15 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

That's why Dhoni's innings is one of the greatest knocks in ODIs. Chasing in World Cup final and that too in front of home crowd of 100,000 people and after having lost Sachin, Sehwag early takes immense mental strength and resolve. Some losers who spend all their time on internet and at best can only give arm chair opinions can never understand that. 

Team had already been rescued by GG and Kohli before Dhoni came into bat at 135/3.  It is not like Dhoni came into bat at 10/2 or 3. Yes, he did well to finish the game but GG's innings was better.

24 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Team had already been rescued by GG and Kohli before Dhoni came into bat at 135/3.  It is not like Dhoni came into bat at 10/2 or 3. Yes, he did well to finish the game but GG's innings was better.

Do you have an armchair though?

49 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

100,000? Wankhede's capacity is 33k.

6 hours ago, kubrickian said:

Well i sincerely hoped Veda krishnamurthy pull it off... and left me crying for hours when she failed. But i am sure she will do it for India in the future........... Indian Deserve the World Cup... Both the Mens and Womens.............   

Wow was it not the greatest One day knock ever by Dhoni The Greatest Indian Captain.. It was so fascinating to watch Dhoni that Night.. He was the Greatest ODI batsmen ever to Live so far... But Kohli  is right behind him and might overtake him soon .... But yes That World Cup Final Knock was the Best !

MS-Dhoni-2011-final.jpg

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

that is woman cricket is played. It is not easy for them to play risk free single-double game. They are  not quick runners, they are not skilled enough to find gaps and neither have power in their ground shots to beat fielders in the circle.

Never knew this, this is first full match I watched. Before this I watched the highlights of the semi-final where I saw Harmanpreet;s  wonderful innings and thought they showed only the shots, there were no ground shots in her 4s as well.