Polarizing trends will shape the future of the subcon

zen

Going back in time (a long time ago), I don't know if I was naive, but below was my idea of a happy subcontinent: 

• A European Union style of cross-border transparency presenting the ability to do business, travel, work, etc., among the partnering countries 
  • Common currency, where applicable
  • Common military or no troops on shared borders where applicable
  • Mutual respect for each other, focus on green initiatives, cleanliness and prosperity
  • Etc. 

Of course, Europe was not like that before. It went through two world wars to arrive at where it is today (admittedly not in a great shape today relatively speaking). Other countries have transitioned through crisis and changes as well before turning in to respected powers

If we look at Ind, the British occupation brought everyone together (even though many could have used it to create a level playing field in Ind). Over the last few decades, Ind has shot itself in the foot. The situation has gone out of control with population explosion, environment degradation, etc. It would require a herculean effort to make the conditions optimal. To make things optimal, Ind probably would need a major jolt to wake itself up and break the status quo 

Crisis could lead to opportunities, creating a situation where status quo is challenged. Current polarizing trends on various issues, rise of the movement to refocus attention on traditional cultural aspects and origins, impact of Wahhabism on Islam at a time when Ind is on its way to have the largest number of Muslims in the world, the negative developments in Kashmir, the aggression by the Chinese, the relative increase in Ind's wealth, the general anger in the society, the role of social media, Ind seeking more powerful leaders, etc., are all leading up to the tipping point that will probably break things first, drive the required changes and rebuild optimally to shape Ind's future, I hope, in a positive way 

Edited by zen

Eradicating Congress is the first step to achieve any development. It is synonymous to eradicating corruption. A right to centerish NDA govt is best for India. At least, the top leadership is not involved in corruption. take out the radical right and we will be better off