Sign in to follow this  
sourab10forever

1st Test-SL v IND | 26-Jul-2017 10 PM IST | Galle

3 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

Abhinav Mukund does not deserve to be in this team. Parthiv Patel could have been given a chance. 

heck they could have picked some random opener for a Ranji team and he would have done better than Mukund who is proven loser.

Do check my previous write up's , i had mentioned that dhwan plays quick even in TEST matches and that really helps india big way and thats why i want him even ahead of Murli Vijay...KL Rahul is a Must if fit but dhwan can be ahead of Vijay.

when vijay scores he scores so slow that test can turn into a draw and he tries to play like PUJARA and is also quite solid like pujara but one cannot have too many Pujara type batsman even in a test team.

so for me dhwan is tremendous and some times he also fails but when he scores he out bats opposition team and keeps a good strike rate.

I feel Dhawan should look to break Lara's record on this flat track....he looks in great touch and lankans are completely down and dead it seems...no fight at all...

Edited by Shunya

1 hour ago, Shunya said:

Good batting so far, but why is it looking so easy. What is wrong with Srilankan Cricket? Need some fire from Lankans, it looks like a dead team.

Sanga and Mahela were carrying this side and doing the best they could with it. With them gone, its going to be uphill for Sri Lanka for a few years. Probably new generation is interested in T20 and lure of league cricket than tests.

Its also a first day pitch and good for batting but still not a good effort from SL.

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Do check my previous write up's , i had mentioned that dhwan plays quick even in TEST matches and that really helps india big way and thats why i want him even ahead of Murli Vijay...KL Rahul is a Must if fit but dhwan can be ahead of Vijay.

when vijay scores he scores so slow that test can turn into a draw and he tries to play like PUJARA and is also quite solid like pujara but one cannot have too many Pujara type batsman even in a test team.

so for me dhwan is tremendous and some times he also fails but when he scores he out bats opposition team and keeps a good strike rate.

Come on yaar , lets distinguish between Tests and LOIs . Dhawan wont surive long enough to score quickly outside india and 2 agresssive openers means we will have to get used to seeing 40/4 kind of scores more often than 150 in the first session . Vijay till recently was our best Test batsmen and now we want to drop him for a batsmen who should not even be in the squad ? 

Srilanka's batting is good and has bright future. Nothing to do with Sangakara and Mahela retiring since they were batsman not bowlers. Bowling is the real issue for Srilanka. No great bowling talent coming ahead. 

4 minutes ago, Kerberos said:

Srilanka's batting is good and has bright future. Nothing to do with Sangakara and Mahela retiring since they were batsman not bowlers. Bowling is the real issue for Srilanka. No great bowling talent coming ahead. 

Its not just batting. The experience they bring to the side is immense and having them on the field and dressing room makes a huge difference to the whole side. 

Sign in to follow this