At what men's level is women's cricket?

29 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

In football women can't even compete with adolescent boys leave alone full grown men

IT will be miracle for women if they end up defeating full grown men even if it singapore or Namibia

Forget Dallas bhai, even our U-16 boys defeated them(the world champs) 4-0. http://www.wifa.in/india-u-16-boys-beat-us-womens-senior-team/

And you know the level of Indian football very well.

To OP, the Indians women national team will lose to India under 14 boy's team 9 out of 10 times. I remember Sri Lanka WNT losing to CCI under 16s handsomely in a practice match in 2013 before the WC. Also I once read about WI WNT losing a series to Guyana under 16s by 10/9 wickets in all 3 matches. They then went on to enter a WC finals LOL. 

There is no comparison between men's and women's sports except may be gymnastics. 

8 minutes ago, lanka-girln said:

Well i think Indian Womens Team is fully capable of beating US. (Sri lankan Mens Team ):giggle:

Your team isn't that bad, just going through a difficult phase. Remember Sri Lanka smashed us in CT and almost knocked out the eventual champions. Potential is there, don't lose heart. 

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Your team isn't that bad, just going through a difficult phase. Remember Sri Lanka smashed us in CT and almost knocked out the eventual champions. Potential is there, don't lose heart. 

I am not loosing heart :p: ... i Support Indian Team ......:heart:  so my team is always Winning  :clap: 

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

In football women can't even compete with adolescent boys leave alone full grown men

IT will be miracle for women if they end up defeating full grown men even if it singapore or Namibia

Football is different , Cricket is more skills than physical . I would imagine some of the batting basics of these girls would be better than batsmen from Namibia/Singapore . Same with spinners and to an extent swing bowling . It wudnt be a miracle imo . 

13 hours ago, DDfan2017 said:

It's difficult to compare. I don't know how the batswomen would perform against some decent pace the men generally bowl at.

So it's tough to tell which level of men, women cricketers r now at.

But must say, women cricket had improved a lot.. they can now regularly hit 65-80m sixes, fielding level has gone up over the years.. even few years back, watching women cricket was like watching some interoffice tournaments held in India. But the quality of women cricket has improved drastically.

Just this one factor - esp when HMPK hitting 6s into the crowd at Lords - prompted my question.  For everyone who questions women's strength, that must have been eye opening.  Yes, timing and skill are also essential, but damn, I am positive I couldn't have hit those even during my peak strength years. 

1 hour ago, Brainfade said:

Just this one factor - esp when HMPK hitting 6s into the crowd at Lords - prompted my question.  For everyone who questions women's strength, that must have been eye opening.  Yes, timing and skill are also essential, but damn, I am positive I couldn't have hit those even during my peak strength years. 

Third guy from the left.

I+don+t+think+skinny+means+what+you+thin

8 hours ago, Brainfade said:

HMPK is just one player just like Yuvraj used to hit very big sixes.One cannot assume 11 players of women team can be like HMPK

12 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Football is different , Cricket is more skills than physical . I would imagine some of the batting basics of these girls would be better than batsmen from Namibia/Singapore . Same with spinners and to an extent swing bowling . It wudnt be a miracle imo . 

RAF men vs England women champion team , RAF men won

But how was Harman able to hit those 80+ m Sixes with ease,  just timing and Skills isn't enough for that,  it requires some Brute Power. These is a reason why Windies Players are such Big hitters and that's definitely  not because they are skilled or good timers of the ball .

Some of her Sixes were deep into the stands,  it made me wonder if the Ball in Women's Cricket is softer or lighter and easier to hit ?

47 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

But how was Harman able to hit those 80+ m Sixes with ease,  just timing and Skills isn't enough for that,  it requires some Brute Power. These is a reason why Windies Players are such Big hitters and that's definitely  not because they are skilled or good timers of the ball .

Some of her Sixes were deep into the stands,  it made me wonder if the Ball in Women's Cricket is softer or lighter and easier to hit ?

http://m.wisdenindia.com/full-story.php?category=Article&id=217715&

Women use 23 gram lighter ball than men

On 7/27/2017 at 0:27 AM, Brainfade said:

one side of the ground was short that is why those shots went into the crowd. They were not using the center pitch. 

On 7/26/2017 at 10:29 AM, DDfan2017 said:

It's difficult to compare. I don't know how the batswomen would perform against some decent pace the men generally bowl at.

So it's tough to tell which level of men, women cricketers r now at.

But must say, women cricket had improved a lot.. they can now regularly hit 65-80m sixes, fielding level has gone up over the years.. even few years back, watching women cricket was like watching some interoffice tournaments held in India. But the quality of women cricket has improved drastically.

how many of them can hit 65-80 meter 6s? Harman hit that does not mean all of them can that. There are always exceptions but with professional strength training, it is very much possible that more women players will hit big sixes.

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

how many of them can hit 65-80 meter 6s? Harman hit that does not mean all of them can that. There are always exceptions but with professional strength training, it is very much possible that more women players will hit big sixes.

We have real difficulty in finding men that can hit big sixes , what are the chances we find women when less than 1% girls play cricket