Jump to content
cric_fan

Pakistan fast bowling factory

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

But he sure does get injured quite a bit .

 

Shami injured his left knee during the Australian test series in December 2014.  But, he kept on playing or was told to keep on playing till March 2015 till the World Cup while taking cortisone injections, as he was considered our key ODI pacer those days.

 

I think this aggravated his knee injury a lot more than necessary...  and has made this a chronic issue.  Shami has not suffered from any other major injury.

 

So, this prone-to-injury state of his might be more due to a poor decision of playing on / delaying surgery  then an age related issue.

 

Quote

As rkt said, Shami modified his run up, based on Akhtar s advice, and he gives it his all. Doesn't hold back .

 

Shami shortened his run-up steps as per Akhter's advice.  This has perhaps aided his bowling speed consistency a bit by improving his rhythm  ...  but has had a greater effect on his bounce ... as he is able to stay more erect at the point of delivery.

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 But, question is ...  is it possible to bowl 135 k to 147 k whole day at age 35 / 36  no matter how optimized the bowling run up and action are  ?   (  unless a bowler was much quicker than that earlier and this is the reduced speed ... which is not the case with Shami  )

shami's official  age is 28 now, 26, two years back, so, if his age was 5-6 less in official docs then he was 31-32 in 2016-17. it is possible at 31-32 to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

If it is a 5 year difference then he would be 33.

yeah around 33-34, but we all are just guessing. He may actually be 28 who knows, but i had seen one of his recent interviews on TV after the scandal.  he had quite a grey beard. grey beard at 28 is high unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Oh yes I forgot about that. Around 3 years maybe. Then again he made his debut in 2004. I wouldn't be surprised if Shami was atleast 5+ years older than stated. No way was he 23 on debut. 

Bro, I am 39. And I cant believe Dhoni is younger than me. He could still be older than me. @velu Do I look older than Dhoni ( ps - be very careful of ur answer :hitler:

 

Shami looks older, but I think he could be 32ish. 

Shaheen though, is just way too tall and because of his height he may look older. Somehow, I dont believe he is faking his age too much, neither is Bumrah or Umesh or Bhuvneshwar.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Bro, I am 39. And I cant believe Dhoni is younger than me. He could still be older than me. @velu Do I look older than Dhoni ( ps - be very careful of ur answer :hitler:

 

Shami looks older, but I think he could be 32ish. 

Shaheen though, is just way too tall and because of his height he may look older. Somehow, I dont believe he is faking his age too much, neither is Bumrah or Umesh or Bhuvneshwar.

 

dhoni look 27 if he shaves his grey beard :phehe:

you can pass as 35 if you reduce your beer tummy 

Edited by velu

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Bro, I am 39. And I cant believe Dhoni is younger than me. He could still be older than me. @velu Do I look older than Dhoni ( ps - be very careful of ur answer :hitler:

 

Shami looks older, but I think he could be 32ish. 

Shaheen though, is just way too tall and because of his height he may look older. Somehow, I dont believe he is faking his age too much, neither is Bumrah or Umesh or Bhuvneshwar.

Yep . I don't believe that bumrah, Umesh or bhuvi have fudged their age and I think Shaheen too is quite young if not exactly 18. And yes Shami looks 32-33 to me too like I mentioned earlier in this thread .

Share this post


Link to post

I think India have a balanced attack now with the arrival of Pandya, and Bumrah. Kumar is a good swinger and two good spinners really lend balanced to this attack to go with a fine batting line up. 

 

Pak have been losing their best to scandals but they are now back in shape. They have a long supply of fast bowlers in 

Amir, Hasan Ali, Usman Shinwari, Rumman Raees, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Junaid Khan, Muhammad Irfan (still good in T20s) and Faheem Ashraf the all rounder gives them the same balance that Pandya gives to India. 

 

Their spin attack is very good in Shadab, Hafeez (allowed back), Muhammad Nawaz (all rounder), Haris Sohail (part time all rounder), Imad Wasim and Shoaib Malik. 

 

Plenty of bowling options. No wonder if India is leading the ODIs and Pak is leading T20s. Two top teams with balanced attacks but India has the edge in batting. 

Share this post


Link to post

India has the edge in bowling and I will tell you why. First of all, I am surprised that most of the people over here rate Pakistani bowling attack slightly above India. 

Simple fact is, that India is still not playing their best attack. Apart from Bumrah, Bhuvneswar and Umesh, we still have a C string bowlers. 

The other thing is, at times bowlers like Hassan Ali and Amir could perform well. However, these are not mentally sharp bowlers and they are still young in international cricket. Give them time to perform. Whereas, bowlers like Bumrah and Bhuvi are sharp mentally. In similar lines like Wasim, Waqar or Mcgrath used to be. They may not be performing at that level now, but you will see that with time they will keep improving. These are hungry bowlers, unlike the bowlers of the past. 

Already the Indian bowlers are consistently faster than the Pakistani bowlers. And in time you will see that the performance too will consistently be better.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

India has the edge in bowling and I will tell you why. First of all, I am surprised that most of the people over here rate Pakistani bowling attack slightly above India. 

Simple fact is, that India is still not playing their best attack. Apart from Bumrah, Bhuvneswar and Umesh, we still have a C string bowlers. 

The other thing is, at times bowlers like Hassan Ali and Amir could perform well. However, these are not mentally sharp bowlers and they are still young in international cricket. Give them time to perform. Whereas, bowlers like Bumrah and Bhuvi are sharp mentally. In similar lines like Wasim, Waqar or Mcgrath used to be. They may not be performing at that level now, but you will see that with time they will keep improving. These are hungry bowlers, unlike the bowlers of the past. 

Already the Indian bowlers are consistently faster than the Pakistani bowlers. And in time you will see that the performance too will consistently be better.

Also Pakistani bowlers have caught the old Indian disease and are slowing down now after the initial burst.Look at Amir and Hasan now.

Share this post


Link to post
Also Pakistani bowlers have caught the old Indian disease and are slowing down now after the initial burst.Look at Amir and Hasan now.

 

Hasan bowling very fast in PSL..clocking 148kph. These guys have cleary been ordered to concentrate on line & length rather than speed when playing for Pak under the guide of Azhar Mahmood.[mention=14777]Rightarmfast[/mention]

 

Share this post


Link to post
better not to assess anything based on t20 speeds.
 
Many bowlers hit 150 in t20, its 4 overs. 
 
ODI and Tests mean you have standard LOI and Test bowling speeds. 


True but he has shown he can still bowl quick when given the freedom.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, cric_fan said:

 


True but he has shown he can still bowl quick when given the freedom.

 

4 overs is down to an initial burst in an ODI game or a sussing initial part of spell in a test morning. Its just that professional cricketers can go 150% for those 4 overs knowing fully well they do not need to bowl or field after that. does not workout similarly in actual games ( ODI and Tests - t20 are games for batsmen )

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, cric_fan said:

Haris Rauf aged 22 bowling 140-148kph. Bumrah-like with a short runup & possesses a lethal yorker.

Muhammad Hasnain aged 18 bowling at 140-151kph (very raw).

Thats quick. Havent seen, but heard about it. Good for world cricket. But honestly, I would judge the pace in Test matches rather than T20's. 

Share this post


Link to post

I think they r not chuckers but one delivery from the first bowlers clearly was suspect, hope they get worked on before being introduced n loose their confidence as they r pacy.

 

At present India bowling and cricket are way above Pakistan and not even in the same league

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

I think they r not chuckers but one delivery from the first bowlers clearly was suspect, hope they get worked on before being introduced n loose their confidence as they r pacy.

 

At present India bowling and cricket are way above Pakistan and not even in the same league

Rauf is clearly chucking in most of his deliveries.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/2/2019 at 9:23 AM, rkt.india said:

 

Even Hasnain seems suspect with that jerk.

 

 

55 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

His action gives most obvious signals of chucking

 

58 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Hasnain another chucking cheater from padosi land,most of them have dubitable slingy action

yup ,pause it at 1:16 .

Share this post


Link to post
Also the way aussies were treating them, naino main hasna nhi rona dikh raha tha ronain ho rhe the Hasnain to kahi se bhi nhi rhe thay. 


Don’t know what the hell you are waffling on about there but Hasnain was the only one that troubled Aussies with he’s pace.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/25/2019 at 2:01 PM, cric_fan said:

 


Don’t know what the hell you are waffling on about there but Hasnain was the only one that troubled Aussies with he’s pace.

 

I like waffles, what's wrong with waffles?

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post

Hasan Ali is the only Pakistani bowler who can bowl at consistent speeds in a test match and is the only bowler comparable to the likes of shami, bumrah or even Ishant. The likes of Aamir bowl late 120's and early 130's which is simply unimpressive.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Hasan Ali is the only Pakistani bowler who can bowl at consistent speeds in a test match and is the only bowler comparable to the likes of shami, bumrah or even Ishant. The likes of Aamir bowl late 120's and early 130's which is simply unimpressive.

Having seen him in UAE, he was in that very range. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/31/2019 at 11:44 AM, Clarke said:

Having seen him in UAE, he was in that very range. 

Then you're wrong. Even in the UAE, while carrying an injury in the 3rd test, he was bowling with an average pace of 135kph and a fastest of 143 or thereabouts. He was quicker in South Africa as well. Average pace of around 137 and fastest around 146/7 . He's bowled similar speeds for 2 years now. Those speeds are good enough for test cricket. The likes of Aamir and Abbas and even Shaheen were a bit too slow for tests.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/28/2019 at 4:19 AM, DHONI_FANN said:

Hasnanin is worse than Umesh Yadav and that too with suspicious action. Dont understand the hype he gets from Baki fans

Yeah, I don't understand the much love he gets either. He is good but they make him into a McGrath type of bowler hype

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×