Gilly - Is he good for Australia at all?

King

A bit like Sehwag isn't it? Has a lot of reputation to live up to, he doesn't know where his next run is coming from but he is still being asked to open. I don't know if he is really going to come good in West Indies at all when he has struggling so much at home? This bad form is not just in ODIs but he is also struggling in test cricket. Will there be calls to drop him?

Re: Gilly - Is he good for Australia at all? I dont think so. Aussies have not tried any other wicket keeper. Perhaps in a match where he does not clicks, he fills that with his wicket keeping which is beyond comparison. The day he starts struggling in keeping he will definitely be shown the door

Re: Gilly - Is he good for Australia at all?

The day he starts struggling in keeping he will definitely be shown the door.
Yup, that is how it will be. The other problem is - he is not quite the safest keeper that the Aussies have. From the little I have seen of Haddin, he is a much much better keeper than Gilly. I am guessing Gilly might call it quits after the WC, at least in the ODI version. He has already shown signs of it by giving up the captaincy to Hussey. So, CA is probably just giving him his one last go at WC glory.

Re: Gilly - Is he good for Australia at all? Gilly is a very mediocre odi opener..... averages 35 with the bat in tht position..... all great odi players who bat in the top 3 in the current era average over 40..... we have 2 of em in saurav and sachin....

The day he starts struggling in keeping he will definitely be shown the door.
He has already shown signs of it by giving up the captaincy to Hussey. So, CA is probably just giving him his one last go at WC glory.
Hussey is captain becoz Gilchrist is being rested. but still quitting after WC from ODI can be on cards becoz of age

he had a great Ashes series..so I dont know Ravi' date=' why you say his Test form is worry..[/quote'] I won't call it great Kabira, it was good but not great. He produced runs towards the end of the series but has been struggling for consistency since a year or two I think. His game has dwindled away quite a bit since the Ashes in England. He is a phenomenal player hence surviving. I hope his golden days aren't finished as yet and there is one last hurrah in the world cup. I think he is going to call it off after the world cup.