The myths propagated by Sachin detractors

Ok.

Arguments by Sachin fans

1. Dravid was better player overseas

Sachin Fans: Check records in other countries

Detractors: Dravid more crucial knocks overseas and was part of wins there.

Sachin Fans: Matches are not won by individual. You know it's team game. When Sachin plays well, team lets him down.

Detractors: Well that's the case with many players, but then you see SRT with average of 63 in 10 matches won in Aus, Eng, NZ, Pak and SA and then you see Dravid with avg of 78 in those countries with 10 50+ scores in 13 wins, you know who is better when it comes to contributing in rare wins.

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

Ok.

Arguments by Sachin fans

1. Dravid was better player overseas

Sachin Fans: Check records in other countries

Detractors: Dravid more crucial knocks overseas and was part of wins there.

Sachin Fans: Matches are not won by individual. You know it's team game. When Sachin plays well, team lets him down.

Detractors: Well that's the case with many players, but then you see SRT with average of 63 in 10 matches won in Aus, Eng, NZ, Pak and SA and then you see Dravid with avg of 78 in those countries with 10 50+ scores in 13 wins, you know who is better when it comes to contributing in rare wins.

See Dravid From 2000-2007 had been a better test player.I agree to that.But let's not forget test match is won by bowlers.Let's list out the famous wins overseas.

1.Win in headingly in 2002:It was a complete team performance from Sanjay bangar to Ganguly every one batted well.

Adelaide:2003.Yes truly Dravid's best as a test player.Contributed in both the innings and finished d match too.Herculean effort.But I would say India drew the series because  Dada gave the momentum in the very first test by not succumbing.

Wi series 2006:That was a big win.WI in their home was still better than what they are now.Credits to Dravid.It was one of his finest performances.

Johannesburg 2007: The man whose career was on stake(Dada) fought it out with the best spell by an Indian(Sreesanth) in my recent memory.

2007 series win in England.From Dinesh Karthik to Dhoni everyone did well in that series.The most memorable series overseas imo.

2007 Perth win:The robbery of Sydney hurt us and we showed lot of character and Sehwag's revival started here.

2009 win in nz:A great team effort

2010 drawn series in SA:Sachin just showed why he was the most complete batsman by winning the contest easily against Steyn.

So basically Dravid won 2 matches on his own.I respect him.Ppl respect him for his grit,determination and dedication but it doesn't mean his admirers should despise the little master by making some generic claims.

Edited by Sujithmb13
18 minutes ago, New guy said:

Sachin has retired. Lets talk about Kohli and Dhoni now

Meh.Would rather speak about yuvi  or Rohit .I know they are inconsistent as hell.But much more beautiful and pleasing to watch than those machines :P

Edited by Sujithmb13
50 minutes ago, Sujithmb13 said:

See Dravid From 2000-2007 had been a better test player.I agree to that.But let's not forget test match is won by bowlers.Let's list out the famous wins overseas.

So basically Dravid won 2 matches on his own.I respect him.Ppl respect him for his grit,determination and dedication but it doesn't mean his admirers should despise the little master by making some generic claims.

And how many from Sachin? 0, that too without after playing most number of matches.

44 minutes ago, kira said:

Sachin is the greatest player to have played the game of cricket ever, a lion doesn't care about the opinions of sheep, there is no need argue with losers who throw mud at sachin, let them burn while sachin will be hailed as the greatest. #GODofcricket.

lion was upset when his innigns was declared at 194 :phehe:

he maybe the greatest for his fanboys .. no doubts 

2 hours ago, kira said:

Sachin is the greatest player to have played the game of cricket ever, a lion doesn't care about the opinions of sheep, there is no need argue with losers who throw mud at sachin, let them burn while sachin will be hailed as the greatest. #GODofcricket.

Yes he is the greatest but might be ppl wouldn't dare to compare him with anyone else if he hadn't got the tennis elbow injury.He would have been unreachable now.Before that he really was a mix of Gavaskar and Richards(It's no exaggeration).The way he used to come down the track to hit warne all around the park. That fun was missing in his last phase.I really believe that at 18 he had better technique than any other Indian cricketer

10 minutes ago, Sujithmb13 said:

Yes he is the greatest but might be ppl wouldn't dare to compare him with anyone else if he hadn't got the tennis elbow injury.He would have been unreachable now.Before that he really was a mix of Gavaskar and Richards(It's no exaggeration).The way he used to come down the track to hit warne all around the park. That fun was missing in his last phase.I really believe that at 18 he had better technique than any other Indian cricketer

He is an ATG, but some of those myths by detractors may not really be a myth. 

Normally the debate happens between people who watched him during the 90s vs who watched him post 2000. Both are in a sense right. Sachin was a class apart during the first half of his career. He turned into a mere accumulator in the second half.

Only Pak fans and Indian brown-nosers say Sachin is not a match winner. Don't pay much attention to them. Tendulkar is 2nd greatest batsman after Bradman the game has ever seen, whether anyone like it or not...its a fact. But yes Sachinistas (like @Laaloo  :giggle:) etc are bit irritating and hence the man himself get lot of flak sometimes.

Edited by Austin 3:!6

What I find funny when people say sachin isn't a match winner based on how he performed in the "finals" while disregarding how he carried the team into the finals in the first place... 

Sachin stood tall in 1996wc,  2003 wc against pak,  against australia in Sharjah and carried India in wc final in 2011 against pak In SF.