Is this the best bowling attack we've ever had?

On 28/07/2017 at 9:58 AM, vvvslaxman said:

One guy is the fastest to get to 100 wickets in modern era. Only guy who had better record from 1930s. He probably will be one of the fastest to reach 300 wickets as well. 

Thanks to aiding pitches. If one has to be quality, he has to be at least decent outside his comfort zone. Sorry, not buying it till the time Ashwin proves otherwise. You can keep posters of his inflated stats in your living room. :) 

1 hour ago, The Dark Horse said:

Even the SA batting is not so good as it used to be.

True. SA batting has gone downhill.  Winner will be decided by bowlers. Ashwin and Jadeja wouldn't be much of an impact. Pacers would have to do much work if India has to win.

6 minutes ago, Kerberos said:

Thanks to aiding pitches. If one has to be quality, he has to be at least decent outside his comfort zone. Sorry, not buying it till the time Ashwin proves otherwise. You can keep posters of his inflated stats in your living room. :) 

By that logic, seam bowlers from Australia, SA or England are also not quality because they havent done well outside their "comfort zone" like in the sub continent. 

2 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

By that logic, seam bowlers from Australia, SA or England are also not quality because they havent done well outside their "comfort zone" like in the sub continent. 

Seam bowlers from Australia, SA or England who have been called Quality have mostly done good enough in subcontinent. But of course every seam bowler from those countries is not quality. And this is not my logic. If you are trash outside your comfort zone like Ashwin there is no point calling him a quality bowler. There is similarly no fun or quality watching Rohit Sharma bullying Srilanka or Bangladesh on flat roads. It also applies to batsmen. And it is possible for such bullies to have better stats than genuine quality players.

8 minutes ago, Kerberos said:

Seam bowlers from Australia, SA or England who have been called Quality have mostly done good enough in subcontinent. But of course every seam bowler from those countries is not quality. And this is not my logic. If you are trash outside your comfort zone like Ashwin there is no point calling him a quality bowler. There is similarly no fun or quality watching Rohit Sharma bullying Srilanka or Bangladesh on flat roads. It also applies to batsmen. And it is possible for such bullies to have better stats than genuine quality players.

:rofl: He is not trash outside comfort zone. Has played only one test series in England and averages 33. He is likely to do better next time in England with more experience.

Finger spinners generally dont do well in Australia. I would say you should reserve your judgment on how he does in coming matches as there is a good chance he would have learned from previous experiences.

Edited by kubrickian
12 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

:rofl: He is not trash outside comfort zone. Has played only one test series in England and averages 33. He is likely to do better next time in England with more experience.

Finger spinners generally dont do well in Australia and NZ. I would say you should reserve your judgment on how he does in coming matches as there is a good chance he would have learned from previous experiences.

Keep your hopes high. Good for you. Wouldn't reserve my judgement because haven't made any so far. In fact others have already called him quality. Now this is judegement. Pointing out he isn't one is not passing any judgement. :nice:

P.S : He is trash outside helpful conditions. LoL at pointing out at average of 33. :rotfl: 

Completely agreed about Australia being graveyard for finger spinners. But nobody expects Ashwin replicate his home styled bullying performance over there. He just needs to be good. But he is terrible.

Edited by Kerberos
1 hour ago, Kerberos said:

Like India never had "aiding" pitches. Have you seen 90s pitches when Kumble played. That was the worst i have ever seen in my memory. Many spinners came in and left. Nobody has this many man of the series. Many of the series he won for India did not even have helpful conditions like the one India won against Australia. How many bowlers have same stats in "Helpful conditions"