Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Texy

TESLA delivers first batch of MODEL 3s

Recommended Posts

The jubilant event marked the culmination of a long journey to deliver an affordable electric car. With its first three vehicles — the Roadster, Model S and Model X — Tesla (TSLA) made electric cars cool. But with prices approaching and exceeding $100,000, few could afford them.

Now with the Model 3, which starts at $35,000, Tesla is releasing a vehicle that could truly move the needle on electric car adoption. The sedan is a critical step in CEO Elon Musk's vision of accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy.

 

source170728204307-model-3-2-780x439.png

170728204423-model-3-4-780x439.jpg

170728205823-model-3-5-780x439.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tesla is burning huge amount of cash, especially Musk's own.

The big auto players (none of them are american) are in the midst of launching electric and hybrid models of current classes in the next few years. Especially with many cities around world on the verge of banning diesel cars. This will only tighten things for Tesla.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2017 at 0:57 PM, Texy said:

The jubilant event marked the culmination of a long journey to deliver an affordable electric car. With its first three vehicles — the Roadster, Model S and Model X — Tesla (TSLA) made electric cars cool. But with prices approaching and exceeding $100,000, few could afford them.

Now with the Model 3, which starts at $35,000, Tesla is releasing a vehicle that could truly move the needle on electric car adoption. The sedan is a critical step in CEO Elon Musk's vision of accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy.

 

source170728204307-model-3-2-780x439.png

170728204423-model-3-4-780x439.jpg

170728205823-model-3-5-780x439.png

The dashboard on the front looks fantastic.

There are two versions..this is the premium one.

Edited by sourab10forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2017 at 0:35 AM, diga said:

NO... ;) 

?

 

https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/autopilot?redirect=no

 

 

"Full Self-Driving Hardware on All Cars

All Tesla vehicles produced in our factory, including Model 3, have the hardware needed for full self-driving capability at a safety level substantially greater than that of a human driver."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zen said:

?

 

https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/autopilot?redirect=no

 

 

"Full Self-Driving Hardware on All Cars

All Tesla vehicles produced in our factory, including Model 3, have the hardware needed for full self-driving capability at a safety level substantially greater than that of a human driver."

Do you believe that all thats stopping from autonomous driving is govt regulations? There is a still a long way to go for autonomous driving to be productized

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, diga said:

Do you believe that all thats stopping from autonomous driving is govt regulations? There is a still a long way to go for autonomous driving to be productized

 If regulations allow, technology development will gain further momentum .... And Teslas come with such hardware .... In certain countries / areas, it can work well 

 

 

 

Currently,  a wide range of technologies allow semi-autonomous controlling of vehicles such as radar cruise control,  lane assist, park assist, etc. 

 

 

 

Edited by zen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No but fully autonomous cars are still quite a long way to go before being legalized.  Common things 

 

  1. Insurance Rates?
  2. Accident Rates ?
  3. Human Error vs Machine Error ?
  4. In cases of fatality , who takes the blame ?
  5. What about the law's regarding Drinking and driving and Minimum Age to Drive ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I can see a lot of desis clamoring to get one. No more Merc/Audi as the status symbol.

ESPECIALLY desis in Cali ... 

Edited by Texy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×