Playing XI for the 2nd test match against Sri Lanka

Just now, express bowling said:

I would like to play Kuldeep Yadav in place of someone.

Obviously, Rahul will come in for Mukund.

Kuldeep for jadeja......nothing wrong that jadeja has turn

But need to try kuldeep before Sa tour and ashwin's rhythem will get better with every game. N these 2 wud be our option in SA .....i dnt see us taking 3 spinners 

It depends on the pitch for Kuldeep. Kuldeep will only get a chance if the next pitch is clearly a turner and we thus have to play 3 spinners, or he may get a chance in the 3rd test match if we are up 2-0 after the 2nd. 

On 7/29/2017 at 4:58 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Kuldeep for jadeja......nothing wrong that jadeja has turn

But need to try kuldeep before Sa tour and ashwin's rhythem will get better with every game. N these 2 wud be our option in SA .....i dnt see us taking 3 spinners 

I have more faith in jadeja compared to ashwin when touring overseas. Ashwin gives us the batting but jadeja has performed better than him in bowling. 

I would play each once in next 2 matches with kuldeep being the other spinner. 

Edited by sscomp32
1 hour ago, sscomp32 said:

I have more faith in jadeja compared to ashwin when touring overseas. Ashwin gives us the batting but jadeja has performed better than him in bowling. 

My prob with jadeja is he is going to be avg overseas, i dnt see him as awkt taking option overseas

Ashwin will either do well or not but i dnt see a mid point with him, if we have to win overseas we need a wkt taking spinner

4 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

Not by much though. Ashwin's batting trumps slightly advantageous bowling of Jadeja.  Ashwin and kuldeep both can play. Jadeja can bring water.

3 hours ago, Pollack said:

Not by much though. Ashwin's batting trumps slightly advantageous bowling of Jadeja.  Ashwin and kuldeep both can play. Jadeja can bring water.

Yeah thats the choice to make. I am leaning towards ashwin too for his batting and slip catching abilities but his main job is wicket taking. Jadeja non existent batting skills are frustrating but he gets wickets on flat pitches and also is a fantastic fielder. 

Tough choice to make but i think team will go with ashwin. An extra batsman is bonus. 

Lankans are adding batsman Lahiru Thiramanne and leggie Lakshan Sandakan to their squad, and are having Dinesh Chandimal return likely in the next match. Herath is being monitored for injury.

Thiramanne has an average of 24, after batting 50 innings, and Sandakan is a relatively new leggie, so I don't know if either of those two will play. Chandimal will walk into their lineup when fit, so he should strengthen their batting. If Herath is injured, then their bowling gets a lot weaker.

On our end, Cricinfo is saying KL Rahul is fully fit, so he should replace Mukund.     

5 hours ago, Tibarn said:

Lankans are adding batsman Lahiru Thiramanne and leggie Lakshan Sandakan to their squad, and are having Dinesh Chandimal return likely in the next match. Herath is being monitored for injury.

Thiramanne has an average of 24, after batting 50 innings, and Sandakan is a relatively new leggie, so I don't know if either of those two will play. Chandimal will walk into their lineup when fit, so he should strengthen their batting. If Herath is injured, then their bowling gets a lot weaker.

On our end, Cricinfo is saying KL Rahul is fully fit, so he should replace Mukund.     

I am really hoping that Rahul does not get bitten by a mosquito or he catches a pollen allergy or something. 

3 hours ago, Texan said:

I am really hoping that Rahul does not get bitten by a mosquito or he catches a pollen allergy or something. 

We should hide him in a hotel room. Even if someone looks at him funny he will be injured for 6 weeks. :phehe: