India to host Sri Lanka later in 2017, may hamper SA tour

If we chicken out of RSA series again after the 2013 fiasco hope ICC takes our number one ranking and gives it to the 2nd best team. You don't deserve to be no 1 if you keep on playing at home and avoiding tough teams overseas. RSA is the 2nd best team in the world and it isn't fair for them to tour India and get clobbered on rank turners while not being able to repay favors at home. I hope Kohli/Rahane/Ashwin/Shastri make some noise about this nonsense soon, else I will hold them as cowards who don't have the gonads to face the Proteas in RSA where we have never won a series. Worst news that too from IE which doesn't spout BS like TOI and DC/Firstpost/Mid-day etc. 

And why should CSA arrange tours to India or allow their players to play IPL matches when they are going to get backstabbed like this repeatedly? It was a tremendous gesture on their part to tour India in 2015 for a full series(4 tests, 5 ODIs, 3 T20s) after being cheated out by greedy BCCI in the 2013 series. BCCI is a 3rd grade organization with thieves and hyenas running the show. I was in support of these hyenas against CoA/SC but now hope the SC rips the circus to shreds and fires every single one of these ******** in the coming days. As such we don't play Pakistan and Lanka/WI/Bangladesh/Zim are too weak to offer any challenge. We fans deserve better, we want to watch the RSA tour and see how this young team goes about against a historically challenging adversary. 

This is such a half truth news.

India was always supposed to tour RSA in January.CSA wanted bcci to tour in December so as to maximise the revenue.

Haroon Lorgat even tried to arm twist the bcci.When bcci CEO Rahul Johri wrote to CSA in April 2017 requesting to extend the stay of SA players in IPL by a few days, Lorgat replied that he will do so provided India tour SA in december.

So disgusted was bcci with such a demand that they didnt even reply back.I hope bcci agrees to only a very short tour of SA let them take the losses.

Can't we cut out some of the LOI matches from the Lanka tour...

I still have no desire to watch Ind-SL limited overs matches. I would even be willing to cut a test match from the SL tour of India as we will have already toured Lanka twice for test matches. Nine test matches vs SL in 3 years is way too many.  

We need a full 4 test series against SA.   

4 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

India was always supposed to tour RSA in January.CSA wanted bcci to tour in December so as to maximise the revenue.

Haroon Lorgat even tried to arm twist the bcci.When bcci CEO Rahul Johri wrote to CSA in April 2017 requesting to extend the stay of SA players in IPL by a few days, Lorgat replied that he will do so provided India tour SA in december.

So disgusted was bcci with such a demand that they didnt even reply back.I hope bcci agrees to only a very short tour of SA let them take the losses.

Haroon Lograt is the biggest idiot, he always mess things up with BCCI costing South African Cricket. Why wouldn't he just let players stay few more days before heading to England. Then they cancelled Sri Lanka tour of South Africa, end result would be two test matches series. 

1 hour ago, Tibarn said:

Can't we cut out some of the LOI matches from the Lanka tour...

I still have no desire to watch Ind-SL limited overs matches. I would even be willing to cut a test match from the SL tour of India as we will have already toured Lanka twice for test matches. Nine test matches vs SL in 3 years is way too many.  

We need a full 4 test series against SA.   

This.

11 hours ago, Gollum said:

If we chicken out of RSA series again after the 2013 fiasco hope ICC takes our number one ranking and gives it to the 2nd best team. You don't deserve to be no 1 if you keep on playing at home and avoiding tough teams overseas. RSA is the 2nd best team in the world and it isn't fair for them to tour India and get clobbered on rank turners while not being able to repay favors at home. I hope Kohli/Rahane/Ashwin/Shastri make some noise about this nonsense soon, else I will hold them as cowards who don't have the gonads to face the Proteas in RSA where we have never won a series. Worst news that too from IE which doesn't spout BS like TOI and DC/Firstpost/Mid-day etc. 

chill

10 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

And there is a bunch of emotional 'fans' calling Indian team as chickening out

Srilanka toured us last in 2009.This is their  FTP scheduled tour .Just being preponed to fill in the vacant period which was scheduled to host Pakistan.

SA tour was never scheduled for Nov - Dec.South Africa ofcourse wanted us to pre pone our you to start in December so that they can host us during Boxing day which is a big revenue cash cow for them.

Obviously we don't give two hoots about their issues and want what makes sense for Indian cricket generation.

We already have lost huge revenue with ICC recently.Some now want us to give up our home seasons too now so that our revenues suffer even more.Ridiculous lol

We will tour SA most likely Jan - Feb on our schedule . Considering how they tried to bully us during IPL it's nice fck off response from BCCI too.