Vijender Singh Vs Zulpikar Maimaitiali

Tibarn

Very close fight. 

Zulpikar kept hitting Vijender with low blows, otherwise I don't think it would've ended up as close as it was. The point docked for low blows rightly cost Zulpikar IMO

Edited by Tibarn

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/sport-others/vijender-singh-boxing-india-china-peace-border-title-belt-4784132/

At the end of the bout, Vijender made a surprising request and announced that he wished to return his newly acquired belt so as to alleviate the tension across the Indo-China border. “I want to dedicate this win to India-China friendship! There is some tension at the border, need peace. I don’t want the title, for peace and harmony at the border between India-China I will give it back to Maimaitial,” he said to the surprise of many.

With the win, Vijender now holds both the WBO Oriental Super Middleweight and the WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight title, which he already held, but his decision to hand the title back is a rare request which would be up to the officials.

Before taking the questions from the ring announcer Charu Sharma, Vijender went outside the ring to acknowledge the strong celebrity presence including Amitabh, Abhishek Bachchan and Baba Ramdev, who had been to his previous bout in Delhi too. “I want to thank the people for coming out and supporting me. The likes of Amitabh Bachchan Sir, the king, the legend; Randeep Hooda, Baba Ji [Baba Ramdev],” he stated before leaving the ring.

Edited by Tibarn