Rate Saha the keeper

Gollum

4 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

Lol ADF. Never change. :rofl:

Sent from my SM-G550FY using Tapatalk

It was the flame bait thread...lol...some people just need to **** around here every few days...

On topic,

Saha is great keeper for pacers. Very agile as compared to Dhoni. He is a decent bat as well and have performed exceedingly well. We should pursue with him for atleast 2 years regardless of form. Pant and others are too raw, not yet ready to take over. However, he is nowhere near Dhoni or so many other keepers as a complete package. This thread is super over exaggeration.

2 minutes ago, Shunya said:

It was the flame bait thread...lol...some people just need to **** around here every few days...

On topic,

Saha is great keeper for pacers. Very agile as compared to Dhoni. He is a decent bat as well and have performed exceedingly well. We should pursue with him for atleast 2 years regardless of form. Pant and others are too raw, not yet ready to take over. However, he is nowhere near Dhoni or so many other keepers as a complete package. This thread is super over exaggeration.

Saha should play atleast 3/4 years if he can. As for comparison, Indian fans have a memory of goldfish ;) 

10 hours ago, Soorma Bhopali said:

Ian Healy and Rashid Latif's glove work was the best I saw in last 25 years of cricket watching .

In early eighties,Syed Kirmani and Jeff Dujon were the best.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30HC using Tapatalk

Did you ever watch Sadanand Vishwanath keep wickets?

On that treacherous pitch with balls exploding out of some areas and staying low out of others, Wriddhiman Saha conceded zero byes in the second innings, which lasted 116.5 overs.

Batsmen were beaten 111 times in the whole innings; a further 62 were left alone. Some of them kept low, some of them exploded off a length and turned sharply, especially when Ravindra Jadeja fired them in at around 100kmph, but none went past Saha.

Some in the leadership in the team are of the view that Saha is the best pure wicketkeeper in the world right now. "If team coach and captain are saying this then it is a big morale boost, because it is not an easy job keeping wicket," Saha said. "What I have done is for the team and I haven't thought in terms of wanting to be the best in the world. I am trying to deliver whatever I have learnt since childhood."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20272689/being-called-best-keeper-big-morale-boost-saha

http://www.republicworld.com/s/4371/wriddhiman-saha-reveals-he-enjoys-wicketkeeping-against-ashwin-and-jadeja

"I enjoy wicket-keeping on turning tracks because on such wickets more balls are coming towards you and as a result, as a wicketkeeper you have to remain focused all the time. I really enjoy wicket-keeping against Ashwin and Jadeja,” Saha was quoted as saying on ANI.

The 32-year-old also revealed that the Indian captain doesn’t use the DRS without consulting him or Ajinkya Rahane.

“Virat always asks me and Rahane about our views on a particular decision. He asks whether we are 100 percent sure or not. Only then, he (Kohli) takes his decision whether to go for DRS or not."

Masterclass wicketkeeping by the diminutive glovesman, on a minefield of a track, prompted his skipper to call him the best wicketkeeper in the longest version of the game.

"He's right up there in world cricket among the very best. He's the best keeper in this format right now, I'd say."

On 8/16/2017 at 2:37 AM, Soorma_Bhopali said:

Yes ..but he was there for hardly couple of ODI tournaments-  B&H World series and Rothmans Cup . He hardly played any tests where keeping for two full innings reveals the concentration levels. It is much easy to do it in 50 overs .

Vishy and to a greater extent Chandrakant Pandit were 2 keepers who could have potentially strengthened the batting of Team India in their days.  Pandit was even more of a keeper-bat - played some games as a pure batsman too.  Vishy apparently went the Siva route with alcohol etc and blew his opportunities. Don't know about Pandit.

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

Saha is a very good wicket keeper but I still believe going back to Saha was a retrograde and myopic move. Rishabh is a wonderful keeper against pace as well, may be lacking lissomeness of Saha but he is very good nonetheless.

whether it was a myopic move or not can definitely be debated, but there is no way that pant's keeping - against pace or spin - can be described as "wonderful". it is only wonderful, perhaps, in comparison to the likes of pappy patel, karthik, deep dasgupta, and other nincompoops. when measured against saha, he is nowhere near in keeping to spin and even against pace, he is not as accurate/elegant as saha.

8 hours ago, SK_IH said:

Saha is a very good wicket keeper but I still believe going back to Saha was a retrograde and myopic move. Rishabh is a wonderful keeper against pace as well, may be lacking lissomeness of Saha but he is very good nonetheless.

Saha is so much better a keeper atm that its not even fair to compare Pant. Pant can work to get better and when Saha declines he can be ready to get in.