Manjrekar urges Kohli to be more like Imran Khan and take on tougher challenges

manjrekar has a fan 

Manjrekar strikes:

Soon after Kohli became the only Indian captain to register two series wins in Sri Lanka, Sanjay Manjrekar – cricketer turned commentator – made a statement which is thought-provoking.

Citing the example of one of the best Pakistan teams of all time, led by Imran Khan, Manjrekar wants Kohli to emulate Imran and urge the BCCI for “tougher challenges”.

The side led by Imran in the 1980s pushed the best Test team in the world West Indies to the limit. In only his second Test as skipper, Imran led Pakistan to their first ever victory on English soil since 1954.

Five years later, he led Pakistan to their first-ever Test series win against India (in India) followed by their first series victory in England.

During the 1980s, Imran’s team also recorded three praiseworthy draws against the West Indies. And their 1992 World Cup triumph, held in Australia and New Zealand, was nothing less than an inspiration.

Out of 48 matches as captain, Imran Khan won 14, lost 8 and the rest were drawn. It’s evident that statistically, he wasn’t the best Pakistani captain but he is remembered because of the impact he had.

In case of Kohli, things are different. India have got off to a wonderful start under him, have become World No 1 but are yet to face a stiff challenge.

His first ‘real’ overseas test is just a few months away but BCCI’s planning of this ‘over-excessive’ home season could again result in the same old story that started way back with the 0-4 defeat to England in 2011.

Kohli-led India should not celebrate too soon. While the drubbing of a listless Sri Lanka is not to be scoffed at, the days ahead will challenge the side more.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-vs-sri-lanka-2017/indian-cricket-team-must-not-celebrate-too-soon-as-tough-road-lies-ahead/story-N9czISEcP7XYZbCpu8IdpM.html

On 8/6/2017 at 10:49 AM, Tendu_10 said:

He would pick a Pakistani player to emulate wouldnt he.

Manjrekar fills all the western n pakistani stereotypes of the meek insipid Indian who is overly deferential nerdish loser who suffers from an extreme inferiority complex.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Manju would be upset if he read this: he was on commentary before talking about how nerds shouldn't talk about cricket and bring too many stats into cricket discussion. He is a macho man in his own eyes. :rofl:  

Manju would be upset if he read this: he was on commentary before talking about how nerds shouldn't talk about cricket and bring too many stats into cricket discussion. He is a macho man in his own eyes. :rofl:  
if manju is a macho man. MANkind is going down the shitter.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

And I urge the admins of ICF to tweet and protest against this retard. He should be nowhere near the indian commentary box. He seems to be supporting other teams and wishing Indians the worst of luck.

staying to the topic, Saurav Ganguli was a notch above Imran as a captain. He transformed the whole indian team and brought in aggression. His team became a force with limited bowling resources unlike Imran’s 

Generally Indian fans as a whole are a bunch of moronic shitheads with no understanding of the game, the crowd here on ICF is different and the posters in general are well informed. But when I check the social media all Indian fans cutting across age/gender/region/religion yada yada hate Sanju, a view shared with all ICF posters, a rare point of convergence between ICF and aam cricket fans. It baffles me how BCCI has allowed this vermin as a commentator in spite of so much opposition by every single Indian cricket supporter across various platforms. And can't the players pass a memo to BCCI about the need to sack this moron? If they could get Bhogle sacked surely a guy like Sanju Manju wouldn't be hard to get rid off. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Generally Indian fans as a whole are a bunch of moronic shitheads with no understanding of the game, the crowd here on ICF is different and the posters in general are well informed. But when I check the social media all Indian fans cutting across age/gender/region/religion yada yada hate Sanju, a view shared with all ICF posters, a rare point of convergence between ICF and aam cricket fans. It baffles me how BCCI has allowed this vermin as a commentator in spite of so much opposition by every single Indian cricket supporter across various platforms. And can't the players pass a memo to BCCI about the need to sack this moron? If they could get Bhogle sacked surely a guy like Sanju Manju wouldn't be hard to get rid off. 

Social medias are filled with buffoons, every chai wala, paan wala with zero cricketing acumen seems to be there now a days, I only visit social media for beautiful girls, its not the place to discuss cricket for cricket discussions I visit icf for some quality feedbacks, as you said even social media hates Manju but don't think we can do any thing even if we sign some petition on manju idiocy as sacking bcci commie like  manju bhogle is not everyones cup of tea.

IMG_20180107_161553.JPG

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Dont think kohli was anywhere in removing Bhogle else Harsha might never have been invited to kohli wedding.

Might be MSD but somehow think those stories were also wrong.

8 minutes ago, Oldhere said:

Dont think kohli was anywhere in removing Bhogle else Harsha might never have been invited to kohli wedding.

Might be MSD but somehow think those stories were also wrong.

I thought the Bhogle removal was due to some bustup with a high level BCCI official when Bhogle was trying to take a short cut on his way to the commie box via BCCI VIP area