Gujarat Rajya Sabha Election !!!

velu

Some used to consider Ahmed Patel the most powerful person in the UPA... 

http://www.hindustantimes.com/analysis/what-one-rajya-sabha-election-says-about-indian-politics/story-Qg9cWRYDKeDacPAdBiskfK.html

First, the only way to understand this contest is to go back to the 2004-14 period. Ahmed Patel, as the political secretary of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, almost ran India. He had a key role in appointing ministers, picking MPs, influencing top government appointments from heads of intelligence organisations to those holding constitutional offices. He had control over the party treasury, coordinated with allies, framed plans to weaken the opposition, and much more.

Meanwhile I am reading about the stone thrown at RaGa's car. I am 99% sure that stone must be thrown by someone in Congress itself. I mean why the hell will a BJP supporter throw a stone at RaGa. This guy is the biggest reason why BJP has been successful so much of late. Keeping him at the top of the Congress foodchain should be top priority for BJP. 1% chance that it was a stray projectile not intended for anyone. 

looks like Patel wins...great congi revival begins for the nth time, :rofl: 

holed in Gujarat MLAs flown in from 5* resort in bangalore to vote, whilst their constituencies have been drowning from floods last few weeks in Gujarat. 

great victory for congress version of democracy!! 

17 minutes ago, asterix said:

Ahmed Patel wins on technicalities. Could this be a revival of Congress?
Will BJP go to courts after the EC disqualification of two Congress votes?

down to 44. Shah and co. will play the 'congis enjoying in a hotel while gujus were dying because of floods" to the hilt come election time. I won't be surprised if Congress is down to single digits in the assembly. 

Edited by surajmal

down to 44. Shah and co. will play the 'congis enjoying in a hotel while gujus were dying because of floods" to the hilt come election time. I won't be surprised if Congress is down to single digits in the assembly. 

BTW, I'm guessing Shah will replace "Kadi Ninda" Singh as Home Minister, which will be a master stoke by Mota Bhai... :nice:

Not sure what'll happen to Kadi Ninda Singh... I hope he doesn't becomes Party President.

Congress has been outmaneuvered here. So much naatak to save 1 RS seat while the Congress MLAs abandoned their constituency during the floods. People will not forget this drama, irrespective of the silly media campaign that the Delhi presstitutes will run to malign the BJP.

Kudos to the BJP, smart way to nullify any anti-incumbency built up over 15 years. 

9 hours ago, asterix said:

BTW, I'm guessing Shah will replace "Kadi Ninda" Singh as Home Minister, which will be a master stoke by Mota Bhai... :nice:

Not sure what'll happen to Kadi Ninda Singh... I hope he doesn't becomes Party President.

He can join the Margdarshak Mandal or maybe he can retire from politics and go back to teaching Physics at some University.  

3 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Congress has been outmaneuvered here. So much naatak to save 1 RS seat while the Congress MLAs abandoned their constituency during the floods. People will not forget this drama, irrespective of the silly media campaign that the Delhi presstitutes will run to malign the BJP.

Kudos to the BJP, smart way to nullify any anti-incumbency built up over 15 years. 

This will only harm congress for upcoming Gujurat assembly elections ..