Axar Patel chosen as replacement for Jadeja for 3rd test

Mosher

2 hours ago, Kerberos said:

So no kuldeep in playing eleven? 

He is just backup. Axar is a like for like replacement for Jadeja because he takes the ball away from right hander, both Ash and Kuldeep bring the ball into right hander with their stock delivery. Kuldeep and Bhuvi will probably play in the final X1.

According to this article, Axar will play and not Kuldeep.  Don't know how true it is.

"Axar is someone who can do a Jadeja with the bat too, though he averages just 14.16 and has a highest score of 38 in ODIs. The left-hander, though, has some decent knocks in domestic cricket, averaging 48.45 after 23 games in first-class cricket, with 10 fifties and a hundred, besides taking 79 wickets.

If India stick to playing two spinners in Pallekele, something which they have do make the ball bounce as much as Jadeja, which is what we're looking for. He can be dangerous in these conditions," said a source in the team management."

1 hour ago, Forever Indian said:

Axar is a LOI bowler, why is he being chosen for tests :facepalm:

Nadeem did very well last Ranji season and deserved it more.

Why is a replacement even needed ?

Why is Jayant Yadav, who did so well against a quality test side like England , given a shrift?

He even scored lower order runs and a century  in Mumbai test. Without anything wrong , he seems to be have fallen way down in spin pecking order.

32 minutes ago, Soorma_Bhopali said:

Why is a replacement even needed ?

Why is Jayant Yadav, who did so well against a quality test side like England , given a shrift?

He even scored lower order runs and a century  in Mumbai test. Without anything wrong , he seems to be have fallen way down in spin pecking order.

Jayant Yadav's father has passed away and he is unavailable.

axar ...i think he is a slow trundler definitely not a SPINNER..does he SPIN the ball or turn the ball.. i dont think he does.

i think he is a proper slow bowler for ODI where aim is to  STOP flowing runs.. krunal pandya should have been given a chance or any other spinner.

AXAR for tests..possibly they wanted a good fielder to play as a 12th Man.i think they will play 2 pacers and pandya, ashwin and chinaman bowler.

I think this means that Axar next on the pecking order of spinners. 

I wouldn't believe anything that says he will for sure get his debut next match though. Until the team sees the pitch, they won't know who is going to play.  

1 hour ago, Sooda said:

Axar was in the Ltd overs A team but Nadeem in the 4 day team - so Nadeem is a better long format option for the A side but not for the seniors. 

Unless, they know Kuldeep will play the 3rd test and they decided theres no point in Nadeem rotting way on the fringes, let him play in SA

Could also be a horses for courses kind of thing.  But definitely would have been nice for someone like Nadeem to get a call here.