Abhinav Mukund writes about the insults based on his skin color

Trichromatic

Kohli, Ashwin and many others tweeted in support of Indian opener Abhinav Mukund who exressed his views about the insults based on the skin tone in Indian society.

Kohli and co tweeted in support of Abhinav Mukund

South Asians' obsession with fair skin and dislike for dark skin is fairly well known. What's even more surprising is there is absolutely no attempt to even change that mindset. Its like everyone's accepted that its a way of life and that's how it will always be. Disgusting stuff.

Edited by kubrickian

Yes Film industries must promote Dark Skinned Actors and Actresses so that  feelings of dark skinned people don't get hurt. 

While we are at it,  the actors should also be Short, Ugly and Bald so that the feelings of those who are not handsome with 6 Packs don't get hurt either. And why should the actresses be always hot and Sexy with perfect figure?  Isnt it a promotion of a certain qualities as ideal standards of beauty which could lead to development of inferiority complex among those lacking it?  Why can't chubby,  ugly and obese girls be mainstream actresses as long as their acting skills are up to mark? 

These should be mass protests all over India against the racist policies of Bollywood. 

1 hour ago, rageaddict said:

Yes Film industries must promote Dark Skinned Actors and Actresses so that  feelings of dark skinned people don't get hurt. 

While we are at it,  the actors should also be Short, Ugly and Bald so that the feelings of those who are not handsome with 6 Packs don't get hurt either. And why should the actresses be always hot and Sexy with perfect figure?  Isnt it a promotion of a certain qualities as ideal standards of beauty which could lead to development of inferiority complex among those lacking it?  Why can't chubby,  ugly and obese girls be mainstream actresses as long as their acting skills are up to mark? 

These should be mass protests all over India against the racist policies of Bollywood. 

Many actors in Bollywood are in fact short. What they are not is dark skinned and whoever is dark, use a ton of makeup and lighting to appear lighter. Why this obsession for fair skin when quite a large portion of India are dark skinned ? Also why do some people live in denial about India's obsession with fair skin ? Its quite apparent for anyone whose head is not buried in the sand.

8 hours ago, G_B_ said:

cricket aside, got to back Mukund...

This is actually a pretty stupid rant and kind of shows that he himself is one of those idiots who think dark=ugly

Hear me out.

He talks as if being dark-skinned was his choice. He is basically saying that playing under the sun and getting a darker shade was a sacrifice he had to pay for the sport he loves. He should have just said that he is proud of his dark skin color.. Right now he makes it sound that being dark was his choice and a necessary compromise for him

3 hours ago, rageaddict said:

While we are at it,  the actors should also be Short, Ugly and Bald so that the feelings of those who are not handsome with 6 Packs don't get hurt either.

Again. So being dark is one of the negative characteristics to have such as being dark, ugly or bald

That's how world works. We are not born equal or same. There are a lot of fair guys who are not playing for Indian team. You are and your color hasn't prevented your selection in Indian team. People do make fun or call names all the time about everything, not just darker people. We humans prefer fair color and it is not intentional but is a natural human behavior and will not change. These color preferences are symbolic. Dark is night, fair is light. Not every fair color person is beautiful or handsome. Dark-skinned guys and girls can be smart and beautiful too.

1 hour ago, sscomp32 said:

:giggle: 

I don't think it is same. Dark skinned people go though lot of abuse. Just because he made this tweet to goswami doesn't negate his experiences and neither does it excuse the racism on social media against his skin color.It is basically asking people not to take him or other dark skinned people seriously when they speak out against racism. Goswani is being petty here. I don't think with this kind  of attitude we will ever see a change  in our country.

20 hours ago, kubrickian said:

South Asians' obsession with fair skin and dislike for dark skin is fairly well known. What's even more surprising is there is absolutely no attempt to even change that mindset. Its like everyone's accepted that its a way of life and that's how it will always be. Disgusting stuff.

It makes me sick.I sometimes feel we are the most racist and backwards people in the world.The way we treat poor people is even worse,we dont even treat them as human beings sometimes.

Kohli and co tweeted in support of Abhinav Mukund

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

That's how world works. We are not born equal or same. There are a lot of fair guys who are not playing for Indian team. You are and your color hasn't prevented your selection in Indian team. People do make fun or call names all the time about everything, not just darker people. We humans prefer fair color and it is not intentional but is a natural human behavior and will not change. These color preferences are symbolic. Dark is night, fair is light. Not every fair color person is beautiful or handsome. Dark-skinned guys and girls can be smart and beautiful too.

Agree,  Ten Random Eastern European White Girls over Ten Random Ugandan Girls anyday for me. No amount of self-loathing by liberals can ever change that. 

5 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

:giggle: 

Sreevats is absolutely right.

Why is it okay to tease a person for height / size but take offence for other forms of discrimination?

People of darker complexion face such issues in the subcontinent but short people are discriminated world wide.

It is just like my issue is an issue but others are not worth my time.

Don't make fun of my complexion but but when I make fun of others, it is harmless fun.

Short people, fat people , bald people all go through the same pain when discriminated.

Edited by beetle

The  colour discrimination is there even by people with dark complexion .

The dusky ones  also discriminate against people who are darker than them.

The only solution is for people to embrace whatever colour they are and give zero effs to what others feel .

The rant by Mukund is self defeating because he is giving excuses for why he is dark. The guy is discriminating against his own colour.

How about just saying I am handsome Period

Edited by beetle

11 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Yes, it's not ideal situation but that's the reality. It's not necessary a superior/inferior thing, just that it's perceived to be cleaner if one is fair.

12 hours ago, Book_Worm said:

I don't think it is same. Dark skinned people go though lot of abuse. Just because he made this tweet to goswami doesn't negate his experiences and neither does it excuse the racism on social media against his skin color.It is basically asking people not to take him or other dark skinned people seriously when they speak out against racism. Goswani is being petty here. I don't think with this kind  of attitude we will ever see a change  in our country.

No, goswami is not being petty.

He is just reminding that discrimination of all kinds is bad. 

He has faced it from  Abhinav Mukand and he is right in asking  the question.

Mukund and many other come off looking like hypocrites when they assume that only their pain at discrimination/ ridicule  is pain....but rest all chalta hai.