BHUVANSEHWAR KUMAR

JASPRITA BUMRAH

H PANDYA

S THAKUR

K RAHUL

S KAUL

AXAR PATEL

VIJAY SHANKAR

Iyer, Thakur and Shankar are perhaps not available for selection as they are playing " Unofficial test " series for our A team in SA.

1) Many players like Iyer, Shankar, Thakur etc. are not available for selection as they are playing for our A team.

2) Read reports that Ashwin, Jadeja and Shami are set to be rested

3) Keeping the above in mind and picking a relatively realistic team rather than my personal wishlist

1 ) Rohit 

2 ) Dhawan / Rahane ( would be there even if I don't want )

3 ) Kohli

4 ) Rahul / Pandey

5 ) Dhoni / Karthick  ( would be there even if I don't want )

6 ) Jadhav / Pant

7 ) Hardik

8 ) Krunal / Axar 

9 ) Kuldeep / Chahal

10 ) Bhuvi

11 ) Bumrah / Thampi

Edited by express bowling

My side for the sake of fun, ultimately selectors will give a KLPD. 

Considering India-A tour going , i wnt go for iyer n shankar as they are playing a more competitive team and their slots are well filled in national squad so rather wasting them on bench its better they play their 

I wud want to make an exception incase of shardul, well the guy has earned it and lets reward . There are enough fast bowlers their on India-A tour, so saini, aniket, rajpoot can get next game . Also its important that someone like umesh gets a rest now and more importantly trundlers like Dhawal shudnt be picked. So get Thakur on flight 

1.Dhawan

2.Rohit (captain)

3. Kl Rahul

4. Pandey

5. dhoni

6. kedhar

7. hardik

8. kuldeep

9. shami

10. bumrah

11. bhuvi 

12. Krunal/axar(incase krunal is not fit)

13. Chahal

14. Rishabh pant 

15. Shardul thakur 

Cricinfo has an article on this

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20312789/ms-dhoni-yuvraj-singh-spotlight-odi-selection

"My participation? Who said I am not playing?" a bemused Kohli responded, when asked about his participation in the ODIs. "I don't know where this came from… if you don't want me to play, then tell me… I have no problems in playing."

Kohli said he already had plans in mind for the ODIs. "We are going to sit down on selection soon and we certainly have plans in mind and combinations that we want to speak about," Kohli said. "So as captain I am definitely in the thick of things and know what to speak to the committee about."

The Contenders

• Openers: Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma;

• Openers-cum-middle-order batsmen: KL Rahul, Ajinkya Rahane;

• No. 3: Virat Kohli;

• Middle order: MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, Kedar Jadhav, Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant, Dinesh Karthik, outside chance of Shreyas Iyer;

• Allrounder: Hardik Pandya;

• Spinners: R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, outside chance for Axar Patel and Krunal Pandya;

• Fast bowlers: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, outside chance for Jaydev Unadkat and Shardul Thakur

These are the names apparently being considered.

2 hours ago, Tibarn said:

I just noticed that Chahal isn't in contention...

They are often wrong in their team predictions. 

I  will be very surprised if Shami, Ashwin and Jadeja are there..... as they are our main test bowlers and have been rested in bilateral ODI before too.

Kuldeep, Mishra and Axar could be the spin trio.

Edited by express bowling
4 hours ago, express bowling said:

They are often wrong in their team predictions. 

I  will be very surprised if Shami, Ashwin and Jadeja are there..... as they are our main test bowlers and have been rested in bilateral ODI before too.

Kuldeep, Mishra and Axar could be the spin trio.

Yeah, we won't know for sure until the squad is announced, but this is our first chance for a new squad since the CT, considering we basically sent the same squad to both the CT and Windies. If a player like Yuvraj is still in contention/is in the squad. We are in trouble.