What if Hardik and Pant play all 3 formats together and are able to establish themselves as batsmen ?

2 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Average is 68.

Yeah.... he averaged 86  last season.

Even 69 is a great average.

2 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

He should prove himself on A tours before we talk about him coming into the test team.

I am not talking about the next test series but in due time.

Saw Pant keeping in this A series and he was above average in that aspect too.

8 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Pant in tests? We shouldn't be gifting test caps just like that based on IPL performance. The only reason Hardik is playing us because he's a fast bowling all rounder.

Pant scored close to 1000 runs in last Ranji trophy that too at an SR of over 100.

11 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Average is 68. He should prove himself on A tours before we talk about him coming into the test team.

If he has earned a national cap , give him a fair go there rather asking him to go back on A-tour . Ofcourse he has to perform whereever he gets a chance but now he has got a national cap

When u find a special talent, try to ignore number. People here having been crying regd pandya fc numbers and looks pandya's perfomance since he has been selected. Pant is a special talent with an uncluttered mindset of sehwag, such mindsets are rare to find 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
17 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Pant in tests? We shouldn't be gifting test caps just like that based on IPL performance. The only reason Hardik is playing us because he's a fast bowling all rounder.

IPL performance?

Last first class season, Pant scored 1000+ runs at 80+ average and 100+ SR.

Not saying he will definitely be a world class batsman, but selecting him is hardly gifting test cap.

PS: Not saying India really needs to blood the likes of Pant or Iyer in Tests at this point (unlike in ODIs where we do need a new batsman or two). Our test batting is doing fine all the way from 1 to 8.

Edited by philcric

If anything, Pant deserves a test cap more than a T20/ODI cap. He played well for Delhi the last season. But looks like he's not really being looked as a test cricketer by the selectors. He's not playing the A team match against RSA. He just played the limited overs tournament. However, currently India doesn't have any urgent requirement of a wicket keeper in tests with Saha doing reasonably well.

Woah woah I'm talking about tests. I don't have any issue of Pant playing ODIs or T20s. How many of you have seen him do well in testing conditions? He's just 19 FFS. Even Jadeja scored 3 triple centuries in a row in ranji. What's happened now? Besides even if he's in the squad I don't see him playing in the 11. It's better he spends more time in ranji or even better should be on the tours like the A tour in South Africa.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

If he has earned a national cap , give him a fair go there rather asking him to go back on A-tour . Ofcourse he has to perform whereever he gets a chance but now he has got a national cap

When u find a special talent, try to ignore number. People here having been crying regd pandya fc numbers and looks pandya's perfomance since he has been selected. Pant is a special talent with an uncluttered mindset of sehwag, such mindsets are rare to find 

This is our perennial problem. Selection based on ODIs. Pandya is a one off case as he's a potential quick bowling all rounder - one which we rarely have. I just don't want him to go the way of Raina, Yuvraj et. Al. 

Let's not even talk of special talent now. Look at Rohit. May be if he had more exposure to testing conditions before making a decision he might have been a better batsman.

8 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

This is our perennial problem. Selection based on ODIs. Pandya is a one off case as he's a potential quick bowling all rounder - one which we rarely have. I just don't want him to go the way of Raina, Yuvraj et. Al. 

Let's not even talk of special talent now. Look at Rohit. May be if he had more exposure to testing conditions before making a decision he might have been a better batsman.

U think people didnt have the fear for pandya , read the forum how people were so fearful regd pandya 

U knw whats our perennial problem- FEAR . If we live in the fear :"I just don't want him to go the way of Raina, Yuvraj et. Al"  we ll never be able to try any player who is successful in short format

How r u so sure that pant will go yuvraj, rohit n raina's ways he cud also go sehwag or gilchrist way. How wud u knw unless u try

The biggest diff i see with them n pant n sehwag is mindset . This guy made his senior Samson bat freely in an ipl game with his his advice. 

What odi's he hasnt played odi's till now, he smashed the whole ranji circuit last season which is long format 

Look at rohit, ur able to make a comment on rohit after we have tried him . N again how wud u knw unless u try. How many thought sehwag will be succesful in test cricket when he debut infact he wasnt doing to gr8 in Odi's then to but he became a gr8 opener. 

Unless we try we wnt know. 

The comparison btw raina n pant makes no sense as raina,rohit biggest problem is his their mindset and this is what makes pant look diff. 

He wnt be a finished product when he ll come no player not even kohli was a finished product but now that he has destroyed whole ranji circuit and earned national cap whats the fear that he ll fail. So might as well fail, good players learn from failure , even kohli failed in his 1st test series against WI

^im just saying give him more time. Pick a crop of players and select the guy who's been consistently hitting the doors of test cricket instead of just "oh well he looks to clear the ball well, let's rope him into the team. People won't complain as he's popular and is entertaining". 

If he's the guy who's been consistent then why not. I'm just saying one season in ranji is just not enough time.

12 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

^im just saying give him more time. Pick a crop of players and select the guy who's been consistently hitting the doors of test cricket instead of just "oh well he looks to clear the ball well, let's rope him into the team. People won't complain as he's popular and is entertaining". 

If he's the guy who's been consistent then why not. I'm just saying one season in ranji is just not enough time.

I dnt think so anyone is saying draft him asap in test cricket but yea soon he shud be there  as of now its not even fair to drop saha to . Pant shud regularly get a chance in Odi n t20 now 

point isnt one or 2 ranji season , the thing is he has performed .

Which other keeper batsman is hitting doors in test cricket?????