ODI squad for SL series selected. Yuvi dropped.

Mosher

40 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

They could have easily retained Pant and dropped Rahane.. all in all good selection I would say. Here's my XI for the first ODI -

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli (c)

Rahul

Pandey

Dhoni (k)

Pandya

Kuldeep

Chahal

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Bring it on!

I think there may be a contest between Jadhav and Pandey for a spot. Jadhav also has his weird angle spin bowling as a bonus. 

27 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Actually he is getting to play in Sa thats better, high chances here he wud have warmed benches

N the quality of bowling of SA-A wud be better then this Lankan bowling 

Good points. My counter is that, when a seriously good prospect is high on confidence and in great form, you hand them an international cap.  Even if it means benching someone like Rohit or Rahane.  You could always bring these experienced guys back if SSI fails in the first 3 matches.  Oh well ... 

1 minute ago, Brainfade said:

Good points. My counter is that, when a seriously good prospect is high on confidence and in great form, you hand them an international cap.  Even if it means benching someone like Rohit or Rahane.  You could always bring these experienced guys back if SSI fails in the first 3 matches.  Oh well ... 

You have a valid point.

I personally feel that A tours are so rare that 4-day matches are worth their weight in gold on away A-tours.

9 minutes ago, Brainfade said:

Well that doesnt happen in Indian cricket. If that wud have to happen pant shud have played in WI over karthik 

Forget iyer, it remains to be seen If rahane gets benched for Pandey or Rahul in 1st place as our captain has already termed him as a floater 

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Exactly.

This is poor planning.

Pant should be included in the A-team " Unofficial Test " side now.

Their intial plan wud have been to take pant but i dnt think he got the vote of confidence from team mngmt which was evident in WI and he didnt even stood out on A-tour 

Watever a wasted opportunity and its hurts more as it spend on Rahane, i hope when rahane plays he plays in middle and spinners make his life hell 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Very good squad

But disappointed that there is no Pant.   (   I was getting the feeling that our team management is not fully impressed with Pant..... the way they are impressed with youngsters like Pandya, Rahul , Bumrah or Kuldeep  )

Very good to see no Karthick, Yuvraj, Ashwin, Jadeja, Raina, Dhawal, Umesh

Agree.Pant is still very young and he can force his way into the side with better performance especially in A series.

They needed to drop Yuvi, Dhoni like three years back , retards, n what kinda game or success or capacity has Rahane shown to be included in ODI squad for so long, get it fresh blood, selectors r dodos, need to grow some, easiest target was Yuvi, what about the white elepant Dhoni! Pant, Sarfaraz, K Yadav, Hooda, n young guns should have been groomed to be ready for 2019 world cup.

Our test side is excellent, ODi is mediocre, n we r behind the eight ball mainly due to selectors.

Dropping Yuvraj  doesn't make this a good selection,still a sub par decision dropping pant and no krunal or vijay shankar is as clueless as it gets especially with this many main players rested.

And rahane in:ahhhhh:....ab to kuch bolne ka bhi ni mann karta ,isse peecha nahi chutega is zindagi me to.:giggle:

On a side note hope shardul gets a game.

Edited by RAZPOR