India A on brink of huge defeat after collapse - signs of things to come?

On 8/16/2017 at 4:49 PM, King Tendulkar said:

Indian A results and Indian under 19 results completely unimportant 

what's important is individual performances i.e. Producing and unearthing a star for main india team

totally agree with you....

but who are those?....esp in batting department for tests....looks like we have to fall back on dhawan and rohit......

Good that Manish Pandey has shown his worth in one days......

I am thinking that manish pandey has the temperament to play tests, as well

13 hours ago, Stuge said:

Happens they will learn and improve .

Yes.   We may not see these as ready right now. But selectors need to  zero in on  2-3 of these guys and make them iron out their    flaws and tighten up their technique and temperament. Dravid should be of help here. 

i think we should invest in Iyer , Nair , Pandey as of now.

Lot of youngsters' game is influenced by ODI and hence we see bit of loose technique & patience . 

I hope they can improve their game  against seam and short pitched bowling and then they are almost ready esp. Iyer . 

On 8/20/2017 at 0:55 PM, prudent_kreeda said:

Yes.   We may not see these as ready right now. But selectors need to  zero in on  2-3 of these guys and make them iron out their    flaws and tighten up their technique and temperament. Dravid should be of help here. 

i think we should invest in Iyer , Nair , Pandey as of now.

Lot of youngsters' game is influenced by ODI and hence we see bit of loose technique & patience . 

I hope they can improve their game  against seam and short pitched bowling and then they are almost ready esp. Iyer . 

add samarth to that list...

never saw him but heard quite a bit about him....

23 minutes ago, someone said:

How many players we got from U-19s or A-teams? Few only. Majority of our players didn't come from such route, so the results are not significant. It's just like football, because most U-19 players eventually fail to live-up.

Quite a few have come through U-19s team. If I remember correct - Kohli, Jadeja, Yuvraj, Dhawan, Pujara, Rohit, KL Rahul

Edited by Forever Indian
6 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Quite a few have come through U-19s team. If I remember correct - Kohli, Jadeja, Yuvraj, Dhawan, Pujara, Rohit, KL Rahul

You are wrong. Many came to the team on the basics of strong first-class performances. Perhaps it was Kohli and Yuvraj who really made a successful transformation into the senior team from U19s. Also, we got more players from IPL than U19s or A-teams.

The importance of such junior or reserve games is not much really.

33 minutes ago, someone said:

You are wrong. Many came to the team on the basics of strong first-class performances. Perhaps it was Kohli and Yuvraj who really made a successful transformation into the senior team from U19s. Also, we got more players from IPL than U19s or A-teams.

The importance of such junior or reserve games is not much really.

Well FYI even Kohli and Yuvraj had a good domestic season or two before they made it to senior team. The point is U19s are a feeder to the domestic system and most players invariably are of a higher calibre who perform well in domestics and get into senior team.

5 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Well FYI even Kohli and Yuvraj had a good domestic season or two before they made it to senior team. The point is U19s are a feeder to the domestic system and most players invariably are of a higher calibre who perform well in domestics and get into senior team.

The point is majority of U-19 players will never successful get into senior team. Look at stars like Unmund Chand or Menaria. There are some exceptions like Kohli whom build upon their U-19 career. And then some players like Dhawan whom failed at beginning but eventually got in the team later due to IPL/domestic cricket.