Pak cricketer Zubair Ahmed dies after bouncer hits him on the head. RIP.

RIP

Just 8 hours ago @game took place between Warner xl and Smith xl. Hazelwood's bouncer hits

On Neck of Captain Warner who fell on Ground but stands up right away, he was wearing a Helmet.

Zubair Ahmed playing only his 4 th game for Quota, Pakistan NOT WEARING HELMET

Sorry to hear sad news.

This is really sad. Believe it or not, things have changed after Phil Hughes incident. Players have gotten more emotional and bowlers in particular feel very scared while bowling bouncers even though they still love to rip one through and bounce players out. 

Players at club and leagues level need to learn from the pros because I still see players at club and league level trying to avoid wearing helmet and giving the reason that they find it hard to play with it. I think this is spoiling the game. Just like you get used to wearing pads, you have to get used to wearing helmets. It's for protect and also helps bowler bowl at his best. 

Currently bowlers are scared to ball a bouncers as batsman are looking to avoid wearing helmet in many club level cricket. 

There is nothing brave about not wearing a helmet. Players must adjust to it and wear the helmet.

R.I.P Zubair Ahmed. 

7 hours ago, sarchasm said:

I don't get the 'puts sports in perspective' part. Can someone flesh out this vague cliche for me?

You can die playing a sport, or knitting a sweater, standing in queue, riding a bike, swimming, sleeping, ...so death puts all human activity in perspective. What's so special about sport?

If someone died knitting a sweater, it would put knitting and sweaters in perspective.  If someone died doing kinky stuff in bed, it would put doing kinky stuff in bed in perspective.  That is all.

On 8/17/2017 at 3:05 AM, sarchasm said:

I don't get the 'puts sports in perspective' part. Can someone flesh out this vague cliche for me?

You can die playing a sport, or knitting a sweater, standing in queue, riding a bike, swimming, sleeping, ...so death puts all human activity in perspective. What's so special about sport?

playing a sport at any level is much much less significant than staying alive, so death puts the said sport pursuit in perspective. if the kid never played cricket he would still be alive basically.

Edited by Vilander