AB

stokes
d-kock

narine

starc

rabada

bumrah

Tests:

Steyn who is yet to return to international cricket after potential career ending surgery, and at his age?   Ahead of Shami?  No way.  

As much as I love and respect Ash as a test bowler - your criteria for "all" conditions weakens his case.  You have to consider Yasir Shah, for example.   Not that he's that great a bowler, but a case can be made for him ahead of Ash outside Asia.  As of now anyway.  I fully expect Ash to improve his numbers in the upcoming cycle of away tours.

You rightly put Root, Williamson, Smith ahead of kuptaan Wrogn.   Its a slamdunk in test cricket.  Even if you don't consider his England numbers. 

ODIs

Your ODI lineup is hard to argue against, but is a bit short on bowling.   Stokes hardly ever bowls more than 5 overs or so in ODIs - with good reason.  His white ball numbers are extremely pedestrian.  You need to get another bowling option into the mix somehow.   Also Steve Smith vs Joe Root might be a tossup.

12 hours ago, The Dark Horse said:

My test 11, taking into account form/all playing conditions.

1. Rahul

2. Cook

3. Smith

4. Root

5. Williamson

6. Stokes

7. De Kock

8. Ashwin/Jaddu

9. Rabada

10. Shami

11. Anderson

How is Root who has scored 3 100s in away matches is ahead of Kohli? Starc is comfortably ahead of Shami. Shami is yet to come out as best bowler of the series with multiple good individual performances. Ashwin and Jaddu haven't done much outside Asia.

TESTS

1. Rahul

2. Warner ( on his day or on flat tracks, he will take the game away )   /  Azhar Ali ( Asia )

3. Smith

4. Kohli

5. Root

6. deKock

7. Stokes

8. Jadeja  ( has better chance performing all over the world )

9. Starc  (  does well both in Asia and outside )

10. Shami ( Best pacer while playing in Asia )

11, Hazlewood /  Ashwin  ( in Asia )

ODIs

1. deKock

2. Warrner

3. Kohli

4. Smith

5. ABDV

6. Stokes

7. Pandya

8. Starc

9. Tahir

10. Hazlewood / Hassan Ali

11. Bumrah

Edited by express bowling
5 hours ago, express bowling said:

TESTS

1. Rahul

2. Warner ( on his day or on flat tracks, he will take the game away )

3. Smith

4. Kohli

5. Root

6. deKock

7. Stokes

8. Jadeja  ( has better chance performing all over the world )

9. Starc  (  does well both in Asia and outside )

10. Shami ( Best pacer while playing in Asia )

11, Hazlewood /  Ashwin  ( in Asia )

ODIs

1. deKock

2. Warrner

3. Kohli

4. Smith

5. ABDV

6. Stokes

7. Pandya

8. Starc

9. Tahir

10. Hazlewood / Hassan Ali

11. Bumrah

Hard to argue against those choices.  

But I will nitpick on one thing - if you are willing to drop Ashwin in place of Hazelwood outside of Asia based on conditions - Warner's spot should be similarly conditional as well.  Someone like Azhar Ali, Moooli Vijay or even a KL Rahul should get a look in.  Can't be all condition-specific for Ash, while ignoring the massive grand-canyonesque gulf in Warner's numbers outside of Aus/SA.  

10 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

How is Root who has scored 3 100s in away matches is ahead of Kohli? Starc is comfortably ahead of Shami. Shami is yet to come out as best bowler of the series with multiple good individual performances. Ashwin and Jaddu haven't done much outside Asia.

I think Root is a slightly better test batsman than Kohli. Agree with Starc/Hazelwood ahead of Shami, but I feel Shami will do equally well (potentially).

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Hard to argue against those choices.  

But I will nitpick on one thing - if you are willing to drop Ashwin in place of Hazelwood outside of Asia based on conditions - Warner's spot should be similarly conditional as well.  Someone like Azhar Ali, Moooli Vijay or even a KL Rahul should get a look in.  Can't be all condition-specific for Ash, while ignoring the massive grand-canyonesque gulf in Warner's numbers outside of Aus/SA.  

You are right.  That is very logical.

Rahul is already there in my team.... so, for Asian pitches, Azhar Ali perhaps based on current form.