Only in India: Woman loses hotel job for complaining against sexual harassmen

Stuge

Sexual harassment at the workplace, despite the existence of a law in 2013, continues to be prevalent as ever. A shocking incident from a New Delhi hotel is proof — CCTV footage from the the capital's Pride Plaza hotel shows a security manager at the five-star yanking a female employee's sari and dragging her towards him, in the presence of another colleague.

According to the 33-year-old woman, she was assaulted by the security manager near the airport.

She claimed that the man had been pressuring her into having a physical relationship with him, despite her resisting his advances. On July 29, however, the security manager called her for a birthday party, and tried to disrobe her. The security manager had also allegedly grabbed the woman after she left for home, and tried to pull her into his car twice.

"On June 29, my birthday, he called me to his cabin, took out his credit card and asked me what gift I wanted," the woman told NDTV. "He told me to sit, and when I didn't, he pulled me towards him and tried to take off my sari. He told the other colleague to go out of the room."

Despite the fact that the incident, which took place on July 29, was reported to the Human Resources (HR) department the very same night, no action was taken. The woman, on her husband's advice, consequently she filed an FIR with the airport police station, under section 354, 354 (a), 354(b) and 354 (d) of the Indian Penal Code, on August 1.

A colleague of hers helped her retrieve the CCTV footage, which helped her substantiate her claims.

No good deed, however, goes unpunished. On August 17, almost three weeks since the incident, when the woman reported for her shift at the guest relations department, she was asked to meet the HR department. After a 40-minute wait, she was allegedly handed a termination letter. The colleague who had helped her get the CCTV footage was also sacked.

http://www.dailyo.in/variety/sexual-harassment-at-work-pride-plaza-hotel-cctv-footage-fired/story/1/19045.html

The fight should continue against these predators. Don't even wait for so long to take action. Should have slapped him the very first time

These ppl are encouraged because we stay quiet when such things happen. We put $ first above everything else

People should boycott this hotel

Edited by zen

^ Above is nothing to do with Azaadi and Ghulami. Culture of Sexual harrassment at work place is very common in India. Since its open and shut case, Government needs to make a example by simply prooving that it was a culture in that hotel, Granting massive compensation to the  lady and a fine which is big enough to simply make the Hotel owner bankrupt.