Rohit is Good but We will be better without him as well..

PSB_Zone

Those who watched yesterday's match must hv noticed Rohit sharma labouring while chasing the ball.
It suggests he is carrying an injury or he is not fit. Now imagine if he gets injured and out of the action

Does it will affect Team India?
No coz India has too many openers

Does It will un-settle the team balance?
No infact it might settle it even more with Rahul at top and Manish at 4.

Rohit has big scores in ODi but he is inconsistent and i am sure Rahul will
be better opener specially in alien conditions.

Dhoni cant play at no. 6 either and Jadhav will be wasted there

Rahul/Dhawan/Kohli/Manish/Jadhav/Pant/Pandya/Akshar/Kuldeep/Bhuvi/Bumrah

Not sure abt Dhoni's one but exclusion of Rohit gives this team more settled look
with every body playing at positions where they should ..

His technique against swing is bad , cant play quality spin and more importantly his foot work early on is extremely poor , he hides behind the role of a steady opener ( which is not required these days ) . 

I have saying this for a while , the guy is still the same garbage of a player who was averaging in 20s when he was playing in the middle order . Opening definitely suits his game , where these days you have no help for bowlers early on he gets away and in the name of anchoring(lol) he can keep doing tuk tuk till he is set ( normally 70-80 balls ) and inflate his stats . Field restrictions in the first 15 means even if you try hard your SR never goes below 70 .

Cant believe the mgmt can see this , he bats like we are on a green mamba against bowlers like Marshal and McGrath every freakin match . We will not set a total above par or chase a big total as long as this guy is around .

12 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

His technique against swing is bad , cant play quality spin and more importantly his foot work early on is extremely poor , he hides behind the role of a steady opener ( which is not required these days ) . 

I have saying this for a while , the guy is still the same garbage of a player who was averaging in 20s when he was playing in the middle order . Opening definitely suits his game , where these days you have no help for bowlers early on he gets away and in the name of anchoring(lol) he can keep doing tuk tuk till he is set ( normally 70-80 balls ) and inflate his stats . Field restrictions in the first 15 means even if you try hard your SR never goes below 70 .

Cant believe the mgmt can see this , he bats like we are on a green mamba against bowlers like Marshal and McGrath every freakin match . We will not set a total above par or chase a big total as long as this guy is around .

cant agree more.also some of hitman fans used to say he is made for test cricket when he was highly mediocre in odis during 2010-2012 :laugh:

3 hours ago, Lannister said:

What I observed is he hardly performs in important matches, and even if he does, he puts pressure on other batsmen with his low strike rate. The reason we have not won any ICC tournament in the last 4-5 years. 

We got into the semi/finals in ICC tournament due to his strong performances. And it's not like he fails in some important matches. Even our captain failed in all those important recent ICC tournament matches

Its not that black and white. There is a tendency from some people to say a player is garbage just because they dont want to see him in the team and disparage all his performances and that he never performed against big teams or in big games etc. Its just not true especially in case of Rohit.

Rohit has done well since he has opened the innings by all standards. Can he do a better job given his ability ? Perhaps. He can improve his technique against swing with the new ball and also improve rotation of strike early on. Once he gets going, he can definitely take the game away from the opposition.

Edited by NareshK
56 minutes ago, NareshK said:

Its not that black and white. There is a tendency from some people to say a player is garbage just because they dont want to see him in the team and disparage all his performances and that he never performed against big teams or in big games etc. Its just not true especially in case of Rohit.

Rohit has done well since he has opened the innings by all standards. Can he do a better job given his ability ? Perhaps. He can improve his technique against swing with the new ball and also improve rotation of strike early on. Once he gets going, he can definitely take the game away from the opposition.

Well , I cant stand the guy now and definitely dont want to see him in the team, , but if you dig posts from the days he was nick named "Rohit" and was ridiculed by everyone here , I was one of the few posters who supported him . I thot he was gifted and would eventually work on his shortcomings , but turns out I was completely wrong . That dosent mean I will keep supporting him , especially when I know hes hurting the team . 

Not going to happen . A thirty year old is not suddenly going to learn how to play swing or spin bowling . Like I said earlier , thats not the only issue here . Most of the top ODI players for India where flawed technically , Dhoni , Raina and Yuvi for eg . Even his current partner Dhawan is weak against good swing and spin , but on 90% of pitches which are in his favour he gives us brisk starts and once he gets going like every other batsmen he can take the game away from the opposition . Rohit is uselss unless he gets a 200 , cos he needs 150 balls to first make up for his slow batting and then outscore the rest of the batsmen . Even if you compare the 2 hundreds his overall strike rate was same as rest of the team when he got to ~200 against Aus , its only the game against SL when he played 170+ balls he was set enough to really outscore the rest .

10 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Well , I cant stand the guy now and definitely dont want to see him in the team, , but if you dig posts from the days he was nick named "Rohit" and was ridiculed by everyone here , I was one of the few posters who supported him . I thot he was gifted and would eventually work on his shortcomings , but turns out I was completely wrong . That dosent mean I will keep supporting him , especially when I know hes hurting the team . 

Not going to happen . A thirty year old is not suddenly going to learn how to play swing or spin bowling . Like I said earlier , thats not the only issue here . Most of the top ODI players for India where flawed technically , Dhoni , Raina and Yuvi for eg . Even his current partner Dhawan is weak against good swing and spin , but on 90% of pitches which are in his favour he gives us brisk starts and once he gets going like every other batsmen he can take the game away from the opposition . Rohit is uselss unless he gets a 200 , cos he needs 150 balls to first make up for his slow batting and then outscore the rest of the batsmen . Even if you compare the 2 hundreds his overall strike rate was same as rest of the team when he got to ~200 against Aus , its only the game against SL when he played 170+ balls he was set enough to really outscore the rest .

+1. He plays slow for way too long putting pressure on his opening partner and subsequent batters. At 30, his best days are behind him and with the injury he has, he doesn't look like a reliable option for the long term.

Edited by nevada

OK am not a stats fan , but I had to crosscheck this claim about him taking the game away when hes set . Lets see how useful hes been when he scores big 

100+ scores , 11 inns , Indias win % = 54%

75+ scores , 9 inns , Indias win % = 66 % 

Less than 25 runs = 96 inns m Indias win % = 54% 

So Indias win % takes a massive jump of 6% from 54 to 60 , wow thats how much of a difference he makes when he makes a 15 or a 150 .

Virat for eg :

100+ scores  , 28 inns , Indias win % = 85%

75+ scores , 24 inns , Indias win % = 71 %

Less than 25 , 39 innings Indias Win % = 44% 

I have not even bothered to filter minnow's .

Apparently Rohit is fine cos when hes set he takes the game away from the opposition , the stats though says otherwise . Clearly it makes no difference if he makes a 50 , 100 or a zero .  

9 hours ago, PSB_Zone said:

Those who watched yesterday's match must hv noticed Rohit sharma labouring while chasing the ball.
It suggests he is carrying an injury or he is not fit. Now imagine if he gets injured and out of the action

Does it will affect Team India?
No coz India has too many openers

Does It will un-settle the team balance?
No infact it might settle it even more with Rahul at top and Manish at 4.

Rohit has big scores in ODi but he is inconsistent and i am sure Rahul will
be better opener specially in alien conditions.

Dhoni cant play at no. 6 either and Jadhav will be wasted there

Rahul/Dhawan/Kohli/Manish/Jadhav/Pant/Pandya/Akshar/Kuldeep/Bhuvi/Bumrah

Not sure abt Dhoni's one but exclusion of Rohit gives this team more settled look
with every body playing at positions where they should ..

Nice, drop rohit because we have many openers. 

15 hours ago, jusarrived said:

OK am not a stats fan , but I had to crosscheck this claim about him taking the game away when hes set . Lets see how useful hes been when he scores big 

100+ scores , 11 inns , Indias win % = 54%

75+ scores , 9 inns , Indias win % = 66 % 

Less than 25 runs = 96 inns m Indias win % = 54% 

So Indias win % takes a massive jump of 6% from 54 to 60 , wow thats how much of a difference he makes when he makes a 15 or a 150 .

Virat for eg :

100+ scores  , 28 inns , Indias win % = 85%

75+ scores , 24 inns , Indias win % = 71 %

Less than 25 , 39 innings Indias Win % = 44% 

I have not even bothered to filter minnow's .

Apparently Rohit is fine cos when hes set he takes the game away from the opposition , the stats though says otherwise . Clearly it makes no difference if he makes a 50 , 100 or a zero .  

No need to bother about such stats if one watch or track all Indian matches. Elegance alone is not talent : Issued in interests of Rohit fans.

Edited by Kerberos