Hussey Captain??

Holysmoke

heres the squad

Squad Michael Hussey (capt), Matthew Hayden, Shane Watson, Michael Clarke, Brad Hodge, Adam Voges, Brad Haddin (wk), Cameron White, Brad Hogg, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Bracken, Glenn McGrath.
Does Hussey deserve to be captain? Why not McGrath.. yea i know he was pathetic in the first final.. but still even Lee, Hayden, etc all much much more experienced than Hussey in International cricket.. 1 for the future? what future :huh: , ponting is 6 months elder to hussey, thats it.... i dont get it :shrug:

Re: Hussey Captain?? Why not Hussey, he is batting well in both forms and probably is the second best in the team behind Ponting. Age may not be on his side but I don't see a lot of young men in Aussie cricket that are good enough to play both forms of cricket.

Re: Hussey Captain??

I don't see a lot of young men in Aussie cricket that are good enough to play both forms of cricket.
:eek::eek: maybe standards for aussie cricketers are damn high i mean, look at tait... that guy wud be in any form, in the indian team.. look at bracken, lee, etc... heck, even haydos, clarke, etc wud make it to both forms in the indian squad.. or any other squad for that matter.

Re: Hussey Captain?? He is still inconsistent. Not much quality. Also the time he comes to bat in ODIs he usually have to hit hard every ball. Average is good because of not outs. But then it was same with Bevan. Hayden is a quality opener. I guess Lee was not considered because he has to sit out many times in between a series because of injuries.

He is still inconsistent. Not much quality. Also the time he comes to bat in ODIs he usually have to hit hard every ball. Average is good because of not outs. But then it was same with Bevan. Hayden is a quality opener. I guess Lee was not considered because he has to sit out many times in between a series because of injuries.
mcgrath anyone :shrug:

He is still inconsistent. Not much quality. Also the time he comes to bat in ODIs he usually have to hit hard every ball. Average is good because of not outs. But then it was same with Bevan. Hayden is a quality opener. I guess Lee was not considered because he has to sit out many times in between a series because of injuries.
McGrath is retiring after WC. just for few matches as captain?

McGrath is retiring after WC. just for few matches as captain?
Cricket boards way of saying "Thank you"

I don't see a lot of young men in Aussie cricket that are good enough to play both forms of cricket.
:eek::eek: maybe standards for aussie cricketers are damn high i mean, look at tait... that guy wud be in any form, in the indian team.. look at bracken, lee, etc... heck, even haydos, clarke, etc wud make it to both forms in the indian squad.. or any other squad for that matter.
Let me rephrase it again, there are not enough experienced young men in Australia that are a certainity in both forms of cricket to lead the Aussies. BTW Haydos ain't young anymore, he is about 36 I think and was not even in the ODI team a while ago. Bracken, Lee are not the ones that are good enough in both forms of cricket to be given a captaincy role.