Stuge

2nd ODI Sri Lanka v India | Pallekele International stadium | 24th Aug- 2:30 PM IST

2 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Chalo atleast some fightback from lanka ... Dhananjay is going to be spanked left, right, center in the next match...poor guy...They had to win it today for some spark...unfortunately Dhoni spoiled their party along with Bhuvi....

Very irresponsible batting by the Indian team today. Yes Dhanajaya will be destroyed in the next match by the indians. It was purely bad batting by the Indian team today that gave the below par bowler like Dhanajaya wickets....

I am so glad finaly to see the Indian Victory. Always it is great to see Dhoni in action...:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Great Batting By Bhuvi tooooo:kiss::kiss:

I think next game we will be spanked by the indians very very hardly...........>>>!!!!!!! Waiting to see it !!!!

47 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

i dont remember how many times dhoni has ruined lanka's day,he has tormented them throughout his career

you cannot Win against the Gods of Cricket. we need to accept who Dhoni is and who players like Kohli are and be ready to beaten by them at anytime by them .... !!!!

Why are Akila's deliveries being called "Googlies"? Isn't he an Off-spinner, so his normal delivery would be turning from Off to Leg? 

I thought googly is wrong'un bowled by a leg spinner. .

1 minute ago, kruiser said:

Why are Akila's deliveries being called "Googlies"? Isn't he an Off-spinner, so his normal delivery would be turning from Off to Leg? 

I thought googly is wrong'un bowled by a leg spinner. .

he is like all Sri lankan cricketers a bit and piece cricketer.  He is labeled a off spinner but he try bowling leg spinners and sometime they turn the other way, even he does not know how it happen. so those deliveries are called googlies. 

6 minutes ago, lanka-girln said:

he is like all Sri lankan cricketers a bit and piece cricketer.  He is labeled a off spinner but he try bowling leg spinners and sometime they turn the other way, even he does not know how it happen. so those deliveries are called googlies. 

I think that guy was turning balls and doing something really cool otherwise getting 6 Wicket's would not have happened.

Yes now he will be analysed deeply and either he will be hit badly or he would be defended a bit. Now he would be taken seriously.

Why is malinga turned into a slow trundler..he bowls between 112k to 135k..

It makes sense for Lanka to drop him as at this pace ...he has no future.

Although Lanka blew their own chance in the series. Great fight from them. I expected match to be done in 30 overs max. That dude will be figured out in a match or two. :afraid: Mendis ka yaad agaya for few overs

Thanks for making it interesting atleast now that raises serious questions on how ready Pandya and Kedar are :no: 

@vishalvirsingh you know i agree with you ! always !!

Yeah Malinga should retire so does most of the SL Team of senior players.... so we will be at least able to compete with bangladesh !

Anyway enjoyed the Indian 8 th wicket pair today so much................ it was a great inings by both Dhoni and Bhuvi!!!

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

He has a lot of potential but who will he replace  ?

Who does he have to, at #4 - now that Yuvi is not there?  He is perfect for that spot.   

The only problem is that he is a potential threat Kohli's crown as the best middle order ODI bat.   :p:

Some really terrible batsmanship from watching the highlights.they are not reading this new guy from the hand at all.If this guy had played atleast one test match the lankans could have won that just from the novelty factor.The worst was Pandya who basically said this chase is too much and i am going way with his shot.

AKILA is 23 now but 5 years ago he début vs NZ but Rains ruins his dream début but todays rain become better for youngster.India are 25 runs short incase rains starts again
178 par scores for 28 overs

152 for 7 off 28

Another installment from Sri Lanka's production line of unorthodox spinners, Akila Dananjaya sparked controversy when he was picked in the preliminary squad for the 2012 World Twenty20, despite never having played a professional match in his life. Able to deliver a legbreak, googly, carrom ball, doosra and a stock offspinner with astounding control, he had impressed Mahela Jayawardene so much as a net bowler at a Sri Lanka practice session, that Jayawardene requested he be fast-tracked to the national squad.

Dananjaya plays for Jayawardene's Wayamba United franchise in the Sri Lanka Premier League, and earned a call-up to the final 15 for the World Twenty20 after four fine performances in the tournament. He made significant contributions to that World T20 campaign, even playing in the final, but went out of favour with the selectors once Jayawardene stepped down from the captaincy. In the years since, Dananjaya has been sporadically picked in the Sri Lanka A team, but has not quite lived up to the promise of his early months in the spotlight.

Resources

7 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

Baki law.. De kya ghar bhool gya, ye issi ka naam hai ki poore khandaan ka.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, kira said:

Taking attendance in lankan schools must take at least half the period with names like these :giggle:

7 hours ago, Laaloo said:

19msd.jpg

What a game,i never ever heard any team chasing 231 to win with two partnership of 100 runs yet win by only 3 wickets !

108 for 0

131 for 7

Still win by 3 wickets

231 for 7 with 16 ball spare

M.O.M Akila Dhanajaya,who just married yesterday with his childhood Friend.

AD took 10/0/54/6, but he get little support from other bowlers.

Reminds me Sarfaraz nawaz spell vs Australia were he took some 7 wickets giving ONE Run IN test,

Australia chasing 151 for win : 107 for 2 lost test vs Pakistan.sarfaraz took 6 wickets in 16 balls.

Edited by pnimesh1955

Although Lanka blew their own chance in the series. Great fight from them. I expected match to be done in 30 overs max. That dude will be figured out in a match or two. :afraid: Mendis ka yaad agaya for few overs

Thanks for making it interesting atleast now that raises serious questions on how ready Pandya and Kedar are :no: 

And Axar

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30HC using Tapatalk

What a game,i never ever heard any team chasing 231 to win with two partnership of 100 runs yet win by only 3 wickets !

108 for 0
131 for 7
Still win by 3 wickets
231 for 7 with 16 ball spare
M.O.M Akila Dhanajaya,who just married yesterday with his childhood Friend.
 AD took 10/0/54/6, but he get little support from other bowlers.

Reminds me Sarfaraz nawaz spell vs Australia were he took some 7 wickets giving ONE Run IN test,

Australia chasing 151 for win : 107 for 2 lost test vs Pakistan.sarfaraz took 6 wickets in 16 balls.

In late 80s or early 90s ,Courtney Walsh also took 5bwivkets for 1 run in a Sharjah ODI against Srilanka

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A7-30HC using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

How ready was Dhoni, Yuvraj, etc were when they collapsed to Ajantha Mendis in 2008 tri-series final? Pandya just won you a test match with his batting. 

Guest, sign in to access all features.