Bhuvi as 3rd seamer in SA Tests

fineleg

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Hain? Most here are picking him as 3rd seamer in SA. I believe Umesh might not be the 2nd choice pacer in SA.

Who else are good options for 2nd choice?

Ok, good if they are picking him as 3rd. I thought other than cricketics and radhika not too many pick him in Tests. Good.

3 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Hain? Most here are picking him as 3rd seamer in SA. I believe Umesh might not be the 2nd choice pacer in SA.

Kohli maybe tempted to select Ishant Sharma as 3rd seamer. Logic same as ever: bounce. Plus he is a Sharma. Added benefit Delhi pal.

Make no mistake guys, we are not getting any flat decks in SA!

The type of spitting cobras we doled out to them when they toured us, they will return the favour. They will also want to keep Philander in play throughout so there will be swinging conditions. Bhuvi will therefore be a must on that tour. The only tour outside subcontinent where Bhuvi may not get much from surface is Australia, everywhere else Bhuvi is a must!

He would be the second seamer if SA prepare green pitches. For me, he would always be ahead of Umesh in the pecking order due to his control. Don't expect him to make many runs though if we get green pitches. In fact, even the batting of guys like Ashwin, Saha, Pandya may be shown as insufficient and it will bowl down to the runs made by top 5.

Bhuvi should be in first 2 picks in SA along with Shami. Third seamer preferably we should go with Bumrah. Ideally would have preferred a left armer, but we don't seem to have one who is good enough. Sran has been out injured for a long time now. Should stay away from Ishant, but I am sure he will sneak in. Pandya and Ashwin to complete tge line-up. 

10 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

Make no mistake guys, we are not getting any flat decks in SA!

The type of spitting cobras we doled out to them when they toured us, they will return the favour. They will also want to keep Philander in play throughout so there will be swinging conditions. Bhuvi will therefore be a must on that tour. The only tour outside subcontinent where Bhuvi may not get much from surface is Australia, everywhere else Bhuvi is a must!

now with than haroon log rat there it will be pretty uncomfortable. But i think they will be beaten this time. 

Umesh and Bhuvi bowling in the Dharamsala test 2017, against Australia.

The greenish pitch had pace, bounce and seam movement

Watch from 3.00 minutes to see the hostile spells from Umesh and Bhuvi .... making the Aussies hop, jump, get hit on the body and get out.   Watch at 7.50 to see last wicket from Umesh

As we may get similar tracks in SA .... I beleive Shami, Umesh, Bhuvi and Pandya may do very well there.

http://www.bcci.tv/videos/id/4570/ind-vs-aus-2017-4th-test-day-3-highlights

Edited by express bowling