2nd Test, West Indies tour of England at Leeds, Aug 25-29 2017

It's still crazy how deep England's batting is. They have only 1 true tailender: Anderson. 

Windies will struggle if they don't get one good 2-3 wicket burst from one of their pacers, probably Roach.

England already has a 70 run lead, with 6 wickets still remaining and all of that batting still to come.  

48 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

The middle order of Stokes, Bairstow and ali is such a live saver for england. covers up for some of the inexperience in the top order

Yeah.  Came to the thread to say how difficult an out England are, with their batting depth, in test cricket.  I mean with 7 down, you've still got to deal with Ali and Woakes.  

And I'm loving the fact that India are slowly, in their own way, getting to the same place.  Ashwin, Pandya, Saha, followed by Jadeja (@ home) or Bhuvi away, at 6,7,8 and 9 is pretty damn good.   But only if it doesn't weaken the bowling.   We don't want to fall into the trap of adding batting depth at the cost of wicket-taking efficiency.  

Edited by sandeep

Never a dull Test (or county match even) at Headingley. The Home of (interesting) Cricket. :biggrin:

In a summer of boring bat first win the game four day finishes, we were bound to serve up something a little different. Something in it for everyone all through the game and still impossible to say which way it's going. Hope it stays that way until the final ball.

37 minutes ago, YCCC said:

Never a dull Test (or county match even) at Headingley. The Home of (interesting) Cricket. :biggrin:

In a summer of boring bat first win the game four day finishes, we were bound to serve up something a little different. Something in it for everyone all through the game and still impossible to say which way it's going. Hope it stays that way until the final ball.

Not sure if the Windies top order has enough mettle to make a game of this.   Could have used Darren Bravo here, that's for sure.

Even Woakes hits 61 not out 

lead was 159 with 7 down but lower order change the game, WI need 322 to win on day 5.Australia beat eng here on day 5 by posting 403 in a day Morris 182 odd and Bradman smashed 162 put on 301 partnership in 1948

On 8/26/2017 at 11:30 PM, gakgupta said:

I get the same feeling....

Is the pitch flattened out after the first innings??

No worst Fielding by WI so far, 9 catches were dropped plus those no ball 

even spinner Bishoo sends no ball when mo was on 32 he was out but save by 

no ball

2 hours ago, kirkutfan said:

England are confident that WI cannot bat at a high level twice.

lets see they get bowled out under 100 or 200 ,i havent watched this match so i dont know about the pitch conditions but i have full faith in WI ability

17 hours ago, sandeep said:

Yeah.  Came to the thread to say how difficult an out England are, with their batting depth, in test cricket.  I mean with 7 down, you've still got to deal with Ali and Woakes.  

And I'm loving the fact that India are slowly, in their own way, getting to the same place.  Ashwin, Pandya, Saha, followed by Jadeja (@ home) or Bhuvi away, at 6,7,8 and 9 is pretty damn good.   But only if it doesn't weaken the bowling.   We don't want to fall into the trap of adding batting depth at the cost of wicket-taking efficiency.  

I also like how Shami and Yadav are regularly contributing. These guys have talent and should work hard on their batting and set targets to get 20-30 runs every time they get to bat. They should take themselves seriously and look to add 100 odd runs if a good player is at other end. 

1 hour ago, Stumped said:

You're seriously still pulling the the victim card after Stokes got the same punishment for swearing at himself as Rabada did for giving him a verbally abusive send off?

You're seriously out here defending the ICC's inconsistent enforcement of subjective rules when Joe Root got zero penalty points for doing exactly the same thing that Jadeja did?   

https://streamable.com/j5kv5

Oh wait.  This is Stumped we're talking about.  Par for the course then.

Edited by sandeep
Added video link
40 minutes ago, Stumped said:

On the Jadeja issue we've already been over that Root raising his hand as an attempted apology to the batsman unlike Jadeja was probably the tiny difference that caused the punishment

:laugh: Just not possible to bring yourself to admit it, is it.   The video I posted shows Root's combative "apology" if it can even be called that.  

Edited by sandeep