2nd Test, West Indies tour of England at Leeds, Aug 25-29 2017

11 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

This is a pretty aggressive declaration by Root. Most captain would have batted further till they were all out and piled on more runs especially as they are 1-0 up

Dhoni would have waited till we had a 600 runs lead...........

22 hours ago, Kerberos said:

Moeen is clutch. :hatsoff: 

"Clutch" Moeen, and "ATG" Stokes toothless so far, against a young and inexperienced Windies batting unit.   Sure they pick up their wickets when the momentum is with their team, and the Andersons, Woakes and Broads are piling on the pressure.  

Exposed as the part-time, and 5th bowler or lower bowling options that they are.  

10 minutes ago, sandeep said:

"Clutch" Moeen, and "ATG" Stokes toothless so far, against a young and inexperienced Windies batting unit.   Sure they pick up their wickets when the momentum is with their team, and the Andersons, Woakes and Broads are piling on the pressure.  

Exposed as the part-time, and 5th bowler or lower bowling options that they are.  

Talk about an anti-jinx, minutes after I post that -the 2 combine to dismiss Braithwaite!

Still think Windies are winning this unless they completely choke - they are very capable of doing just that.  But I'll stick with Windies winning.  

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

U still aint over him, what happened dude did he ran away with your gf 

No. This is the post I was responding to.

Most captain would have batted further till they were all out and piled on more runs especially as they are 1-0 up

I just had a nostalgia about the 2009 NZ tour. Where we were up 1-0 and we were piling up runs and setting nz to score 600. NZ ended up drawing the test 6-7 wickets down. 

I hope that answers your question ;) :icflove:

Edited by Laaloo
3 minutes ago, mishra said:

English Commentators allready going into excuse mode. "Pitch isnt spinning. Should have deteriorated on day 5. Effect of Heavy Rollers."

That's one aspect they are absolute undisputed world champions.   

To be fair though, the inconsistencies of their team makes it hard for the commies to create a narrative and stick to it.  One minute they are top-class world beaters, and the next match they are losing to the bottom-ranked windies, at home.  

At least they can't use the phrase "in these conditions" to whine today.  

Less than 100 runs to go with 7 wickets remaining:cheer:

If Windies win a test in England, we have no excuses. We thoroughly made Windies look like an associate team when we toured them. If England can't whitewash Windies easily at home, then we should be a next level challenge for them. 

England trying to waste time now.  Barbie complaining about the run-up.  Pathetic gamesmanship, trying to sweat the windies batsmen and disrupt their focus.  Let's see if the Windies have the fortitude to see through the next 30 minutes or so.  If this pair does that, game over I think.  

5 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Ahaha.  That's a classic "not the onion" news story if there ever was one.  

Meanwhile back at Headingley, an edge goes for 4 right between the stone-still Bairstow and 1st slip.  And a few balls later another edge is dropped by 1st slip.  Desperate face-palms and scared faces all around under the ECB-crested hats.  

Cricket, lovely Cricket!!