Who should be our LOI/T20 spinners going forward?

Gollum

I think we can all agree that Ash and Jaddu are a cut above the rest in tests. May be Kuldeep can challenge for a spot in certain conditions, he will be the only option who can may be force a way into the XI. Even that is doubtful because Ash can easily slot into the number 6 slot overseas assuming we play 5 bowlers including Pandya. But still let us assume that Ash-Jaddu-Kuldeep look immovable from our future test plans. 

What about ODIs and T20s? I feel Jaddu is done in those 2 formats, he is a mere passenger and offers very little apart from his fielding prowess. He also has a selfish streak in him and selfishness is a cardinal sin in the shorter formats.  Even Ash is on the decline, his mystery element is gone and he has become too defensive. His reputation of being a big tournament player(2011 and 2015 WC, 2013 CT, 2012/2014 WT20) has taken a hit after his below par show in 2016 WT20 and this year's CT. Moreover his batting is not suited for this format and his ground fielding is atrocious(albeit still better than Jadhav :phehe:).

So who will it be then going forward? Time is running out with the 2019 WC fast approaching plus our limited ODI schedule in 2018(last time I counted we play only around 16 ODIs in 2018). Even in T20s it seems we have the weakest spinners among all the top 8 teams. 

Kohli seems to have personal issues with Kuldeep who is being treated very poorly by the management. Frankly I don't see what is so special about Chahal and Axar is a joke selection. Guys like Amit Mishra and Piyush Chawla don't offer much hopes either, they are history. I recently followed a few matches in TNPL and Washington Sundar impressed me a great deal. There was another tall SLA Sai Kishore who looked very good. These 2 should be on the radar of our selectors. Kohli is screwing us over by not picking Kuldeep. Ideally before WC 2019 we would need players with some experience(at least 40-50 ODIs) and I don't know the ideas of Kohli and co. Are we going to pick Ash-Jaddu again then because of experience and reputation or  dross like Axar?

27 minutes ago, Texan said:

Without a doubt not Ashwin or Jadeja.

I think for now Chahal, Axar and Kuldeep should work. Would like to see if Krunal can fit into the spin bowling all-rounder spot. Mishra should be our back-up in case Chahal doesn't work out.

Yup I forgot Krunal. He could be a better option than Axar, Jadeja. Easily a better batsman than both and can't do worse with the ball. How do you rate Axar and Chahal? Washington?

I don't think any of these guys bar Kuldeep can be as good as prime Ashwin(2011-2015) with the ball. Even Jaddu in CT 2013 was breathtakingly awesome.

this is a tough one. Axar patel has generally played against weaker teams only and not been full tested. he is better than Jaddu against left handers as he has ability to bowl flatter and occasionally drift it away from lefties. Jaddu gets really taken apart against left handers (it is a different story in test with the rough he becomes very good against lefties) 

Kuldeep and CHahal should be given a run. Wrist spinners add attacking option. Krunal Pandya should also get. I think he is a very good batsman. 

kuldeep and jaddu are our best bet IMO.
chahal is not wicket taking bowler inspite being wrist spinner because he doesn't turn it much. His batting and fielding is absolutely dud.
jaddu can regain his form then he is as good as axar/chahal if not better plus he has experience and gun fielder.
Ash doesnt find a place in odis.

Lesson learned fron CT was that we lacked wicket taking bowlers...except bumrah all were stock bowlers.
In WC19 we should go with 4 quicks shami siraj bumrah pandya and kuldeep.
this combination will give us 4 wicket taking bowlers with avg <25 and strike rate around 30 ( shami bumrah siraj kuldeep)

If the pitch is assisting spin we may drop siraj for jaddu.

Kuldeep both formats

Kuldeep and chahal in t20, chahal is good in t20 

Still not impressed with Chahal in Odi

Axar i wud want to seee his bowling overseas and against tough teams 

Krunal shud more of an all rounder then the only bowler 

Ashwin n jadeja shudnt be out of the picture as these are the only options we have