Who is currently best all-rounder in world?

Who is currently best all-rounder in the world?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who is currently best all-rounder in the world?

• Shakib Al Hasan
    • Ravichandran Ashwin
    • Ben Stokes
    • Moeen Ali
    • Ravindra Jadeja

Pos Player   Rating
Shakib Al Hasan
 BAN
2 Ravindra Jadeja  IND 429
3 Ravichandran Ashwin  IND 421
4 Moeen Ali  ENG 402
5 Ben Stokes  ENG 348
6 Vernon Philander  SA 331
7 Mitchell Starc  AUS 318
8 Stuart Broad  ENG 208
9 Rangana Herath  SL 203
10 Jason Holder  WI 197

Shakib Al Hasan

Matches: 50

Runs: 3563

Avg: 41.43

100s: 5

Wickets: 180

Bowl Avg: 32.6

5-fer: 15

Ravichandran Ashwin

Matches: 52

Runs: 2035

100s: 4

Avg: 32.82

Wickets: 292

Bowl Avg: 25.26

5-fers: 26

Ben Stokes
Matches: 38

Runs: 2311

100s: 6

Avg: 35.01

Wickets: 89

Bowl avg: 35.23

5-fers: 3

Moeen Ali

Matches: 43

Runs: 2201

Avg: 34.39

100s: 5

Wickets: 126

Bowl avg: 37.15

5-fers: 4

Ravindra Jadeja

Matches: 32

Runs: 1136

Avg: 29.89

100s: 0

Wickets: 155

Bowl Avg: 23.60

5-fers: 9

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Not sure how Stokes is ahead of Shakib, who is both one of the Bangles main bowlers as well as batter.  Stokes on his best day is a handy 4th bowling option on tests.  And hardly ever bowls more than 5 overs in ODIs. 

Based on potential !! 

I think you are underrating his bowling , hes better than a 4th bowling option . Its his batting i rate very highly , which I think will only get better and he will end up averaging 45+ . I really dont rate sakhibs batting that much , playing for weaker team also has its benefits ..more opportunities . 

3 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Based on potential !! 

I think you are underrating his bowling , hes better than a 4th bowling option . Its his batting i rate very highly , which I think will only get better and he will end up averaging 45+ . I really dont rate sakhibs batting that much , playing for weaker team also has its benefits ..more opportunities . 

Potential?  OP asks who is currently the best allrounder in the world.  Fast bowlers who can bat well enough for the top 6 are rare, and are rightly valued and sought after.  But are also over-rated due to this.   There's a wide gulf between the Shaqib and Stokes as test bowler - Shaqib can play as the 1st choice spinner for any test team in the world, not just Bangladesh.  And even if you give the batting edge to Stokes over Shaqib, that particular gap is nowhere near as wide.  Overall, Shaqib is just a better test cricketer than Stokes, period.   

Does Shaqib get more "opportunities" with the bat because he bats for a weaker team? Sure.  But he also gets more pressure.  Take the ongoing Toyger-Aus test as an example.  He walked in at 10/3.  Stokes by contrast, gets to walk in and play his "natural game" 8 times out of 10.  Nobody will point a finger at him if he fails to cross 40 5 times in a row.  Not the case with Shaqib.  

I actually have a bit of a negative bias against the Bangles players, and especially their fans.  Their players act like superstars because they get a lot of crowd adulations, even those that haven't really achieved much with their cricket.  And the less said about the majority of Toyger fans' silliness, the better.  But you got to be objective and give credit where its due.  Shaqib is a bit of a tool, but is undisputedly the best test allrounder at the moment.   

13 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Based on potential !! 

even on potential ,why are you underrating sakib and overrating jaddu

i agree stokes is best of the lot but sakib is up there too 

On 8/28/2017 at 10:24 AM, jusarrived said:

Based on potential !! 

No offense but what kind of DumbA$$ logic is this man? Playing for a weaker team means you have LESS OPPORTUNITIES (less matches) and more PRESSURE on your shoulder. In reality, Stokes will play more matches than Shakib will ever dream of by the end of his career which will give him more chances and opportunities aswell. As for stokes, I have no clue why people likes to butter this boy up so much. Is it because he is from ENGLAND? He is a good player but seriously now ... the best in business atm? If you ask me, with all the allrounders going around these days, I would feel much safer to hand over the bowl to Jadeja than stokes, bat over to Shakib than stokes.

Shakib is a superstar, there is nothing he cannot do on the cricket field.He has matured a lot and the amount of pressure he takes from their fans is insane. Stokes has do a lot with ball to be mentioned as an allrounder, he has the ability but it is not being properly utilized by  England.

Ashwin and Jadeja are couple of notches below as allrounders.

On 28/08/2017 at 8:02 PM, sandeep said:

Potential?  OP asks who is currently the best allrounder in the world.  Fast bowlers who can bat well enough for the top 6 are rare, and are rightly valued and sought after.  But are also over-rated due to this.   There's a wide gulf between the Shaqib and Stokes as test bowler - Shaqib can play as the 1st choice spinner for any test team in the world, not just Bangladesh.  And even if you give the batting edge to Stokes over Shaqib, that particular gap is nowhere near as wide.  Overall, Shaqib is just a better test cricketer than Stokes, period.   

Does Shaqib get more "opportunities" with the bat because he bats for a weaker team? Sure.  But he also gets more pressure.  Take the ongoing Toyger-Aus test as an example.  He walked in at 10/3.  Stokes by contrast, gets to walk in and play his "natural game" 8 times out of 10.  Nobody will point a finger at him if he fails to cross 40 5 times in a row.  Not the case with Shaqib.  

I actually have a bit of a negative bias against the Bangles players, and especially their fans.  Their players act like superstars because they get a lot of crowd adulations, even those that haven't really achieved much with their cricket.  And the less said about the majority of Toyger fans' silliness, the better.  But you got to be objective and give credit where its due.  Shaqib is a bit of a tool, but is undisputedly the best test allrounder at the moment.   

This may not be the best time to defend my post , cos Sakhib just had a very good game . haha

The way I see is , who would I pick as a long term option . Like you said fast bowling AR are rare and that clearly one of the factors . 

Stokes can walk into every team at the moment , his bowling even in SC conditions was pretty impressive . Done well with the bat every where hes played . As a batsmen alone cant think of a better no6 than him in world cricket . Yes he gets to play his natural game , but that freedom he gets cos of some of the innings hes played already for England . Sakhib in comparison is world class only in home like conditions , he seems to bully with the ball against teams which are weak against spin and a decent bat only when conditions are in batsmens favour .

The other thing being  , hes similar to Jadeja and Ashwin , as spin bowling AR . Among these there , Jadeja is the best bowler and Close second being Ashwin far ahead of Sakhib . if you compare their batting Ashwin is a better bat imo , has the technique to bat in all conditions . Sakhib is a much better bat than Jadeja .Overall though there is no way am picking Sakhib over either Jadeja or Ashwin .

if given a choice picking one player out of Ashwin , Jadeja , Stokes and Sakhib , how many would pick Sakhib ?