Ganguly Suggest SLC board to ask sanga to come out of retirement and play for one more year

1 hour ago, chewy said:

SLC's problem is their first class cricket has become diluted, for such a small nation they have 20 first class teams! only this year reduced to 14, which is still too many

SL should have look to having 5-6 first class teams to have a more competitive first class cricket

That may be the long-term solution, but its too drastic to go down to 6 right away.   What needs to happen is to have 6 top level clubs, while the rest act as feeders for them, maybe with relegation thrown into the mix.   

There is obviously a lack of world class players in SL right now but a bigger problem is the SLC board is one of the worst ones around. They are the reason big players do not even think about prolonging their careers and prefer to play in professional leagues where they are respected lot more. 

Sangakara retired and went to county, can his family take one more year of traveling. Its not that simple. 

But its not about loosing confidence as everyone will know Sanga is only there for one season, once the new guys see Sanga play with them in the team they might pick it up and play similar cricket. Its clear Angelo or Chandimal are not fully ready to take the full burden of the side with its expectations. The skill on the players is there, Dickwella,evne the bowlers the quick guy in tests and the one yesterday the greenhorn who was clocking 146. They spinners are good, all ingredients are there just need a steady hand like Sanga who has done it all to be around and give them confidence.

In theory this will work. 

12 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Sangakara retired and went to county, can his family take one more year of traveling. Its not that simple. 

But its not about loosing confidence as everyone will know Sanga is only there for one season, once the new guys see Sanga play with them in the team they might pick it up and play similar cricket. Its clear Angelo or Chandimal are not fully ready to take the full burden of the side with its expectations. The skill on the players is there, Dickwella,evne the bowlers the quick guy in tests and the one yesterday the greenhorn who was clocking 146. They spinners are good, all ingredients are there just need a steady hand like Sanga who has done it all to be around and give them confidence.

In theory this will work. 

Who gives a f about these Bilaterals anyways..

They should be looking at 2019WC.

Sanga playing for one year will in no ways be helpful (except for what other players would learn from him,which he can do so by becoming the coach as well). Infact it will harm them even more. 

28 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

Who gives a f about these Bilaterals anyways..

They should be looking at 2019WC.

Sanga playing for one year will in no ways be helpful (except for what other players would learn from him,which he can do so by becoming the coach as well). Infact it will harm them even more. 

i think its a bit more systemic, the SL side of old would have trashed Zim in any scenario and won yesterday against Ind in any scenario. I think the thought process is for Sanga as a playing coach.

I wouldn't mind, he was one of my fav cricket of all time XD.

But honestly though, if Sanga retired, means he made up his mind. There is no point on bringing back retired players to go from chaotic losses to marginally loose. SL needs to go back to the root and fix their sh*t first. If anything, get Sanga in a mentor/coach/etc role to get him involved in the team asap. 

On 8/28/2017 at 0:22 PM, Vilander said:

i think its a bit more systemic, the SL side of old would have trashed Zim in any scenario and won yesterday against Ind in any scenario. I think the thought process is for Sanga as a playing coach.

Whom do you think would have got Rohit out if SL side of old were playing? If it was them chasing the same total, then I would have agreed.

15 hours ago, Cricket_Fan said:

Whom do you think would have got Rohit out if SL side of old were playing? If it was them chasing the same total, then I would have agreed.

Rohit hit his first century in SL last game. He was not that great in SL before. Its always been Kohli/Dhoni against SL.