2 hours ago, tweaker said:

3 wickets for Vijay Shankar

2 hours ago, Forever Indian said:

Shankar is already 26, I hope that it's not too late when selectors think of giving him a chance in national team.

Together Vijay Shankar and Hardik Pandya can be useful in South Africa tour.

But, how will VS be selected for SA tour, unless he gets an opportunity a bit earlier (against SL). But he isn't there against SL, so likely VS will continue to play domestics and A-tours ?

Edited by fineleg
4 hours ago, Vijy said:

this guy is rattling up centuries for fun, and yet the selectors keep thrusting him in 'A' games in limited overs; he should be given a go in 'A' teams in the longer formats.

Other day vs Boult he hits 64 at Mumbai but Guy who steal the show  is Jiwanjot Singh with 215 not out in 90 overs for Punjab

He is also selected in BPXL against Lanka

Edited by Rajnishi
7 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Prashant Chopra racked up a 50. If he has a big fat season he can catapult himself as a serious contender for the test XI. With M Vijay's powers on the wane, it could be a threeway between Prashant, Shaw, and Dhawan to partner Rahul at the top.

Priyank Panchal, Ravi Samarth and A. Mukund are in contention too, along with Prashant Chopra and Shaw.

Edited by express bowling
12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Priyank Panchal, Ravi Samarth and A. Mukund are in contention too, along with Prashant Chopra and Shaw.

Of the 5, I find Mukund highly unconvincing as a batsman and as a fielder + fitness. Samarth is very much of a tentative starter - he scores big or scores cheap. Panchal had 2 good reasons (1 good + 1 exceptional), and it remains to be seen whether he continues this form. I believe the real two to watch are Chopra and esp. Shaw. I'd like to see Shaw play against someone like SL, WI or Bang in Tests.