12 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Good to see wrist spinner coming along....is Rahul chahar playing this season

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

not sure. didn't play the first match.

15 hours ago, rkt.india said:

debutant 17 year old kartik tyagi had a good debut, 3 wickets in the match, ankit rajpoot has taken 6 wickets in the game.

I don't like K Tyagis action, it's hard to get consistency n pace with it also scope for injuries?

Really like his bowling action, 19 year old Mrinmoy Dutta from Assam. He was in contention to play for India u19 last year though could not make it. Would have been better than Rahul Batham.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Really like his bowling action, 19 year old Mrinmoy Dutta from Assam. He was in contention to play for India u19 last year though could not make it. Would have been better than Rahul Batham.

he reminds me of zaheer khan....

but he looks little down on pace

16 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

he reminds me of zaheer khan....

but he looks little down on pace

nah action is completely different. Pace looks okay for his age. If a bowler has a good strong action action, there are always chances of him getting quicker if they stay fit as their body matures till the age of 25.

Edited by rkt.india

On 10/8/2017 at 2:47 AM, MCcricket said:

This kid looks good, very good action, n generates pace n bounce, looks a natural.

he has a injury prone action....but it doesn't matter...so is bumrah

Importantly, he has incredible pace for his age and can only get better

He should be fast tracked and put under able guidance of rahul dravid

10 hours ago, MCcricket said:

I don't like K Tyagis action, it's hard to get consistency n pace with it also scope for injuries?

He has action is like James Pattinson though bowls a bit wide of the crease and i think he has been consistent. was the top fast bowler in Vijay Merchant trophy taking 50-60 wickets. He did not belong to that level and they promoted him straight to Ranji trophy instead of U19 while U19 Vinoo Mankad trophy is going on and he did not play it and instead picked for Ranji team straight away.

Edited by rkt.india

29 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

he has a injury prone action....but it doesn't matter...so is bumrah

Importantly, he has incredible pace for his age and can only get better

He should be fast tracked and put under able guidance of rahul dravid

He is just 16 and his main aspect is batting but I would recommend him to concentrate on his bowling more.

14 hours ago, YCCC said:

Just came to see if the ridiculous neutral ground thing had been scrapped and pleased to see that it has. To an extent at least.

Yes, it has.  Silly experiment.  I don't much like the idea of letting the visiting team "win" the toss by default either.  

baroda has too many all rounders! Pathan brothers. Pandya Brothers & even Atit Sheth looks a bit like an allrounder. Scored a century & took 4 wickets in his match 

Aditya Tare will lead Mumbai into their Ranji Trophy opener against Madhya Pradesh, which begins in Indore from October 14, 

Squad: Aditya Tare (Captain), Surya Kumar Yadav (Vice Captain), Abhsikek Nayar, Akhil Herwadkar, Siddhesh Lad, Jay Bista, Sufiyan Shaikh, Vijay Gohil, Akash Parkar Royston Dias, Minad Manjrekar, Adiyta Dhumal, Shivam Malhotra, Shubham Ranjane and Eknath Kerkar

2 hours ago, tweaker said:

Aditya Tare will lead Mumbai into their Ranji Trophy opener against Madhya Pradesh, which begins in Indore from October 14, 

Squad: Aditya Tare (Captain), Surya Kumar Yadav (Vice Captain), Abhsikek Nayar, Akhil Herwadkar, Siddhesh Lad, Jay Bista, Sufiyan Shaikh, Vijay Gohil, Akash Parkar Royston Dias, Minad Manjrekar, Adiyta Dhumal, Shivam Malhotra, Shubham Ranjane and Eknath Kerkar

Shaw?

7 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Besides Dias, any seamers in there or only Trundlers, trademark Mumbai, even Shaw was around m not sure he would be selected, as nepotism runs rife in Mumbai

Dias is a trundler just that he is tall. Shivam Malhotra, Minad Manjeraker and Aakash Parker are other seamers.

Edited by rkt.india

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Dias is a trundler just that he is tall. Shivam Malhotra, Minad Manjeraker and Aakash Parker are other seamers.

Wow, I remember when I was in Bombay n used to play cricket there, I used to be perplexed why were the good pacers in shield tournament, Kanga n other tournaments not being picked up, unfortunately the ones who were in the probables n not picked up were far better then the playing 11 such was the state, it's was nepotism n you have to be a certain cast n religion to get a look in, can u believe Zaheer was found not good enough by Mumbai, idiots.

15 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

he is a trundler....

in u-19 was bpwling 128-130 avg.

in ipl vs dd match- 140 in first over and then 128-135 avg in next 3 overs  ....

but he has good bouncy action 

I have hopes from him. He was very matured for an under 19 player in last WC. I hope he increases his pace in coming years. 

18 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

he is a trundler....

in u-19 was bpwling 128-130 avg.

in ipl vs dd match- 140 in first over and then 128-135 avg in next 3 overs  ....

but he has good bouncy action 

He is just 20 years old. He has all the chances of getting quicker. How many U19 bowlers have you seen bowling 145KPH? There was only one bowler who did that last world. You will see max one bowler doing that in whole world U19 cup. Jamie Overton did it in 2012, Rabada in 2014, Alzari Joseph in 2016. He clocked 140 at U19 level which is very good for nay U19 bowler. 

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:31 AM, sandeep said:

Yes, it has.  Silly experiment.  I don't much like the idea of letting the visiting team "win" the toss by default either.  

Yep that needs to go as well. No sign of the ECB seeing sense on that one though. IMO it's part of their plan to permanently damage county cricket (in all formats) in favour of city based teams, which will eventually compete on all forms. Call me paranoid but...

14 hours ago, YCCC said:

Yep that needs to go as well. No sign of the ECB seeing sense on that one though. IMO it's part of their plan to permanently damage county cricket (in all formats) in favour of city based teams, which will eventually compete on all forms. Call me paranoid but...

I may not agree with you all the time, but gotta love your affection for the county game.  

2 hours ago, tweaker said:

Bishan Singh Bedi has taken a dig at the senior duo of Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh for skipping Punjab's Ranji Trophy opener against Himachal Pradesh in Dharamsala.

Yuvraj had Yo-yo test at nca thats said to be the reason that he skipped the what harbhajan singh's excuse.  HE doesnt give any importance to domestic and thats been the case for few yrs. 

Bishen singh bedi shudnt take a dig but blast them. 

How will our domestic batsman get better against spin bowling if quality spinners dnt play . 

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yuvraj had Yo-yo test at nca thats said to be the reason that he skipped the what harbhajan singh's excuse.  HE doesnt give any importance to domestic and thats been the case for few yrs. 

Bishen singh bedi shudnt take a dig but blast them. 

How will our domestic batsman get better against spin bowling if quality spinners dnt play . 

i actually dont even want them play and take a place of some youngster.

55 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i actually dont even want them play and take a place of some youngster.

Thats ok if they are blocking some good youngsters place . For eg if nehra is played ahead of kulwant or sanghwan 

But is there any good spinner in punjab's team whose place is blocked by bhajji . 

Even if there is someone good, ill suggest these player shud change their state but they shud play domestic . 

Its important good international players play domestic to provide other players challenge and test them .

Now if bhajji wud have played last game , he may have tested prashant a bit more may be prashant might have tonked him but thats how we ll figure out whats the quality of these players atleast in some way 

Yuvraj, bhajji, gambhir despite not having any international career left still holds huge importance to domestic cricket. 

@Ankit_sharma03

Why will Harbhajan Singh play ranji? He has made tons of money in Intl and IPL and endorsements/ads. He has no further hope of playing for Team India anymore. Do you think he will play in Ranji to "help upcoming youngsters"? Unless thats his mission, he wont care to play Ranji anymore. The ONLY way he would play Ranji is if he has any hope of being selected to Team India (and if he still desires that). I don't think Selectors + Kohli gonna select him anymore even if he gets wickets in Ranji.

Edited by fineleg

On 10/12/2017 at 7:40 PM, fineleg said:

@Ankit_sharma03

Why will Harbhajan Singh play ranji? He has made tons of money in Intl and IPL and endorsements/ads. He has no further hope of playing for Team India anymore. Do you think he will play in Ranji to "help upcoming youngsters"? Unless thats his mission, he wont care to play Ranji anymore. The ONLY way he would play Ranji is if he has any hope of being selected to Team India (and if he still desires that). I don't think Selectors + Kohli gonna select him anymore even if he gets wickets in Ranji.

That is y bedi is right in blasting him. 

About himself- a sports person shud never leave the hope of playing. Even if he wants to keep doing well playing regular cricket will only help his form n fitness 

2nd punjab is good side with so many talented youngster so as senior its his job to guide them. Domestic standards improve when quality players play. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

2nd punjab is good side with so many talented youngster so as senior its his job to guide them. Domestic standards improve when quality players play. 

That's like saying "its our job (as upper middle class , for example) to volunteer/charity, help the poor people in the world". Its not a mandatory job for Harbhajan Singh, its upto him.

Yuvraj Singh managed to score just 20 as Punjab were bundled out for just 161 in the first innings against Vidharbha. Gautam Gambhir scored just 2 runs, while Yusuf Pathan, , got out for just 1 and his brother, Irfan got out for a second-ball duck against Andhra. After toiling hard for 19.2 overs, off-spinner R Ashwin got a wicket . Murali Vijay is not taking part in the match that is being played in Chennai.

Gujarat were off to a great start as Piyush Chawla, registered a fifer on Gujarat debut to restrict Kerala to just 208 in the first innings.