6 hours ago, sandeep said:

I thought Riyan Parag would make his FC debut this season for Assam.  But doesn't look like it.  I don't think Assam team has that many decent bats to justify not selecting this kid.  He was one of the highest scorers in the u19 test series in England.   And Dravid rates the kid, so that has to have some weight as well. 

I know Shubman Gill got the headlines and the 'A' team selection, but it would be nice to see a top class batsman making it to the Indian team from the NorthEast.

Yes, I would have liked to see Parag. I remember reading somewhere that he was rated very highly by Dravid and the Assam cricket association. He's only 15-16 I think.

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

its just a start of the season on a flat dharmshala pitch. He will have to keep the runs going. He has certainly transformed his batting in last 2 seasons. He is scoring at an SR of 93 today.

The pitch is flat, but Chopra is probably the only opener in the last 2 seasons with Sehwagian stats.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

17 year old leg spinner Zeeshan Ansari also made his debut for UP. He played U19 WC last year.

Indeed, I was very excited to see he picked up a few wickets. Although I rate Chahar highly, I think ansari could become even better.

Prerak Mankad seems to be a decent seam alrounder from Saurashtra. Made his debut last season averaged 50 odd. played good innings of 68 here too.  Also has an SR of 140 in T20s and 110 in List A.  He is some one to keep any eye on.

Edited by rkt.india