Two tier test cricket

goose

India have just pulverised SL 3-0 in their own backyard. But where is the context? Nobody care any longer and kids growing up certainly won't. In today's world there has to be immediate financial implications of losing.

Edited by goose
4 hours ago, putrevus said:

I am in favor of Two tier system myself but two things to consider.Will England and Australia still play Ashes if either of the team falls to second tier.

Second one is sanctity of stats.

You would somehow need to make room for the Ashes - agreed either within the league or outside of it. There are some interesting ideas floating around on how to do it.

1 hour ago, goose said:

You would somehow need to make room for the Ashes - agreed either within the league or outside of it. There are some interesting ideas floating around on how to do it.

In my opinion if England or Australia are in tier 2 then Ashes cannot happen.If they are okay with it then bring on Tier system.Super six system got thrown out once India was knocked out of world cup.

All those arguing for two tier system - would you have been okay if India would have been slotted as a second tier team through most of our Test history? Its only in the last 15 years that we have been a top tier team. And how would we have made it as a top tier team if we were only playing other minnows?

So stop this two-tier non sense and being so arrogant about whitewashing Lanka and all. We have also got clobbered multiple times in the past. Just because now we are a top tier Test team doesn't mean we start considering that no matches should be played with weaker teams. In fact, this is the time to notch up those elusive away wins and make our overall win-loss ratio better.