Dhoni has the highest ODI batting average of any batsmen who played 300 or more games !!!

velu

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

There should be dislike option apart from down vote. :thinking: Dislike/downvote is for bolded.

Dhoni should be ideally out. But if he is in he should bat at 6 or 7 position. Anything above he doesn't deserve and is a liability.

avreraging close to 100 this year :phehe:

17 hours ago, sandeep said:

I don't disagree with you about planning for the future.  That's why I think Pandey should be a lock at #4, KLR should be in the ODI mix at all times as reserve opener or middle-order bat, and we need to start auditioning another big-hitting allrounder for the #7 spot, with Hardik Pandya at #6.   

But you can't just dump either Dhoni or Kedar Jadhav just like that - both are currently doing well enough to add decent value to the XI.  You have to have a fair and equitable process in place.  Too much ruthlessness may result in players acting selfishly out of self-preservation.  

In Dhoni's case, replacing a wicket-keeper doesn't happen overnight.  I think its high time that the likes of Rishabh Pant / Sanju Samson are brought into our LOI setup and given multiple opportunities either as keeper-batsmen, or as pure bats.   Dhoni's countdown has begun.  I'm not denying that.  But I'm saying that he still is serviceable enough, and our replacements un-ready enough to allow for him to audition as a wicket-keeper + non-power hitting #5 bat.   

Are you planning to play 15 players on the field? You do understand dhoni takes one spot in the middle, isn't it. He hardly gets injured and will be adamant to play even against Bermuda, Canada or USA because of his insecurities of losing spot. So how will Pant, Pandey get a chance? Lol. One struggling inning by Pant and he is thrown out straightaway. Judgement is passed he is not ready.Not even playing India A. Are you surprised why Pant is judged so quickly?

58 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Are you planning to play 15 players on the field? You do understand dhoni takes one spot in the middle, isn't it. He hardly gets injured and will be adamant to play even against Bermuda, Canada or USA because of his insecurities of losing spot. So how will Pant, Pandey get a chance? Lol. One struggling inning by Pant and he is thrown out straightaway. Judgement is passed he is not ready.Not even playing India A. Are you surprised why Pant is judged so quickly?

only humans get injuries :hail:

35 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Then what is it about? How do you judge a cricketer? Strike rate? Chalo that means afridi is better than virat kohli :giggle:

It can be straight runs scored divided by times played. Those are meaningless. Need to take opposition into account and quality of bowling. As a starting point I think IPL is vaery accurate.

5 minutes ago, Khota said:

It can be straight runs scored divided by times played. Those are meaningless. Need to take opposition into account and quality of bowling. As a starting point I think IPL is vaery accurate.

Chalo since IPL is your benchmark.. Bring back Raina and Yousuf pathan. I m sure bisla who played for kkr has good innings let's give him debut. 

5 minutes ago, sergio04 said:

Tendulkar has won a record 15 Man of the Series (MoS) and 62 Man of the Match (MoM) awards in ODI Matches. He has won a Man of the Match Award against every one of the ICC Full .

That's like stuart Binny playing in Uganda team. We all know how good Ind team was in 90s.. If dhoni Kohli played in a team like that they would have doubled that. How many matches did we win when he scored a 100 ? Kohli would put him to shame 

Edited by Rasgulla
15 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

That's like stuart Binny playing in Uganda team. We all know how good Ind team was in 90s.. If dhoni Kohli played in a team like that they would have doubled that. How many matches did we win when he scored a 100 ? Kohli would put him to shame

kohli would have been surely .kohli is better player than sachin he will surpass him in odi.

but dhoni:phew:

next joke plz..