Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OpeningBatsman

Indians in County Championship 2017

Recommended Posts

Ashwin has made an excellent start to his county stint for Worcestershire.

 

 Batting :  

 36 (50) & 28 (30)

 

 Bowling : 

1st innings      29.0

1 94 3
2nd innings    34.0 8 68  5

 

SCORE SUMMARY - WORCS  363 & 295/8d beat GLOUCS 258 & 211

 

 

Edited by sourab10forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

Good for Worcestershire and good for India- counties/our players need to facilitate further collaborations 

No sir not good for India

 

Woakes and Warner Declined badly after IPL Stints,I wish same not  happen to our 5/6 players in England.In the beginning its helpful but they should not play entire seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Pujara will be up against Ashwin as Nottinghamshire will take on Worcs next.

Pujara playing since long time in every seasons but for bowler I do not like them to participant OTHER THAN INDIA

 

I forget Mr Shatrughan sinhas movie but he had dialogue'' AAP KE GHAR MEIN WIFE HAI, PHIR BHI YAHA KHADE KHADE HILLA RAHE HO''

 

Why waste energy somewhere else? Woakes injury during IPL now bother England, His coach  think ''he can not bowls as effective as before.''

 

I wish him good Luck

Edited by Wapas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wapas said:

No sir not good for India

 

Woakes and Warner Declined badly after IPL Stints,I wish same not  happen to our 5/6 players in England.In the beginning its helpful but they should not play entire seasons.

IPL is low quality t20 cricket played on patta tracks hence likes of Warner will deskill. County is first class experience in conditions outside Indian players regular comfort zone- players will only improve or get sussed out for being HTBs. Agree that they shouldn't play entire seasons but should still play a good number of games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wapas said:

Pujara playing since long time in every seasons but for bowler I do not like them to participant OTHER THAN INDIA

 

I forget Mr Shatrughan sinhas movie but he had dialogue'' AAP KE GHAR MEIN WIFE HAI, PHIR BHI YAHA KHADE KHADE HILLA RAHE HO''

 

Why waste energy somewhere else? Woakes injury during IPL now bother England, His coach  think ''he can not bowls as effective as before.''

 

I wish him good Luck

What?? 

No pujara hasn't been playing county for years, he only played few matches last season. 

Why play county?? Because experience matters and India are touring England next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wapas said:

No sir not good for India

 

Woakes and Warner Declined badly after IPL Stints,I wish same not  happen to our 5/6 players in England.In the beginning its helpful but they should not play entire seasons.

They are not playing entire seasons. ASHWIN'S contract is for 4 matches. If he gets selected for OZ series the he will play only 2 matches. 

Ashwin has played only 2 tests in England and.Pujara flopped badly on last tour. The more they get acclimatised the better for India. 

 

It's common sense. 

 

Warner n Stokes played in IPL not Ranji trophy. It's not gonna help much when they tour us for tests.

 

Ashwin n Puji are playing 4 day matches not t20 over there. 

Edited by OpeningBatsman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OpeningBatsman said:

What?? 

No pujara hasn't been playing county for years, he only played few matches last season. 

Why play county?? Because experience matters and India are touring England next year. 

I not say years and years but at least 3 seasons for sure, you never notices but  most player playing 2nd XL (Club cricket in Uk ) for every once and while but pujara played there before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OpeningBatsman said:

They are not playing entire seasons. ASHWIN'S contract is for 4 matches. If he gets selected for OZ series the he will play only 2 matches. 

Ashwin has played only 2 tests in England and.Pujara flopped badly on last tour. The more they get acclimatised the better for India. 

 

It's common sense. 

 

Warner n Stokes played in IPL not Ranji trophy. It's not gonna help much when they tour us for tests.

 

Ashwin n Puji are playing 4 day matches not t20 over there . 

I hope they not play more than 4 game.

 

Anil kumble took his mother with him when he starts playing in Engliscounty before his Marriage, he is still pure vegetarian, he ,'' his mother take care of him about his Weight''

 so

Yes very important in cricket, you need to very careful of your routine health plus,my friend, Amit shroff was selected in Indian team for England series in school cricket,Later on he played for Wes zone vs touring England team, he was  keeper for GUJARAT ranji trophy team.He told me importance of what you eat and keep up to your physical fitness so weight important in cricket.

 

Amit has good chance for indian team but Bharat Reddy was better with the bat so he gets birth in test after all Amit was from Gujarat so he not get selected.

 

I am Glad we have plenty of Gujarati player around either in India A or India team.I am kind of on off topic but I do not think Ashwin need to loose weight

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wapas said:

I not say years and years but at least 3 seasons for sure, you never notices but  most player playing 2nd XL (Club cricket in Uk ) for every once and while but pujara played there before.

Yes, but he has never played full seasons in country. He only plays a few matches here and there .. Pkaying second division cricket now. has played for Yorkshire as well before.

Edited by OpeningBatsman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Wapas said:

I hope they not play more than 4 game

 

 

Well, not ashwin for sure 92/4 games). Not sure how many games Pujara is goign to play.

 

However imo, playing in county is much better than playing bilateral ODI series especially for someone like Ashwin who hasn't had a stellar career in ODI's anyways.  I would much rather have him prepared for English test series without excuses being made about not getting enough tune time to get used to conditions.

 

Remember Zaheer went from being and average test bowler and being out of team to one of the world's best after his stint in county. Totally trasnformed his game, and if you ask him or any other greats of the game they would always tell you how important it is to the development of their game.

 

Pujara only plays one format, and I believe he can have an extended run there. He is not even part of IPL so there is no question of playing too much.

 

:) 

Edited by OpeningBatsman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Khota said:

It is hard to lose weight if you are vegetarian.

you can but you will take a break from the game of about 3 months to follow proper regime. I had lost 12 kg in 3 months with exercise and low-cal diet. I used to be complete vegetarian at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

warner hits 130s in desh of bangla 

He had 1 or 2 matches like that. He is below average on spinning pitches. Biggest HTB out of them all. 

 

When aus lost 3 0 to Sri Lanka he was pretty poor whole series expect 1 innings where he had a 100. That's just him. 

Edited by Rasgulla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

you can but you will take a break from the game of about 3 months to follow proper regime. I had lost 12 kg in 3 months with exercise and low-cal diet. I used to be complete vegetarian at that time.

That is mpressive. I am trying to lose 3 kgs and it is impossible for me. Not to digress but what did you do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

I lost 43 kgs from 110 to 67 being veg waist from 40 to 28 ,it took me 10 months to do that.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk
 

Did you keep it off too? I find it so hard to believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.crictracker.com/ishant-sharma-feature-county-championship-ravi-shastri/

 

“I am all for that. Pujara, Ashwin and now Ishant is also going, I think he is joining Kent. "

“Zaheer Khan went there for a couple seasons to Worcestershire and he was a changed bowler. So I would love to see Umesh Yadav or Mohammed Shami going there, even if for short periods,” said the coach. “And why just the bowlers, the batsmen should go too. If they want to before the tour, be it Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma or others, I am all for it,” - Shastri 

 

Wah Shastri wah:cheer:

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

https://www.crictracker.com/ishant-sharma-feature-county-championship-ravi-shastri/

 

“I am all for that. Pujara, Ashwin and now Ishant is also going, I think he is joining Kent. "

“Zaheer Khan went there for a couple seasons to Worcestershire and he was a changed bowler. So I would love to see Umesh Yadav or Mohammed Shami going there, even if for short periods,” said the coach. “And why just the bowlers, the batsmen should go too. If they want to before the tour, be it Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma or others, I am all for it,” - Shastri 

 

Wah Shastri wah:cheer:

 

 

 

 

 

really hope Dhawan / Kohli gets to play county. Especially since it looks like Dhawan is going to pip Vijay's post for the nest few tests at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×