I learnt more than half of my batting from Dhoni !!! - Pandey

velu

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Most 'clutch' player to ever bat for India in ODIs.  Ever.   All batsmen can learn from him.  Its not about his technique, or his sharply declining execution skills.  Its about the mental aspect of batting.   But the anti-Dhoni circle-jerk's agenda-driven posting won't let you accept this.  

i guess i have to agree with you,greatest odi batsman who knew what it means to build up an odi innings, circa 2008-2013, i used to say he did it again.first time i noticed he is more brains than brawns was a game against lank at pune after the famous 183 match ,he chased 70-80 runs along with raina with just rotating the strike mostly and then finished it off with consecutive sixes 

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Not sure if you were following Indian cricket in the 2006-2012 timeframe.  What are Dhoni's obvious flaws today - strike-rate, boundary hitting, inability to get going quickly when he first starts batting - he was basically all-world in all those respects back then. There's a reason his ODI batting numbers are right up there, even if you take out his huge number of not-outs.   

And apart from his big-hitting, consistent batting, and related statistical achievements.  Dhoni's temperament in pressure situations and his tendency to come through was something I haven't seen in Indian cricket in 30 years.  Its almost tragic to watch him bat these days - all of his strengths have slowly and steadily atrophied into weaknesses.   

Dhoni in my opinion is very impulsive. I lost faith in this person the day he started bowling himself and asked Dravid to keep in England. That was the day I would have recalled him back pronto.

He did fine but behind that outward cool demeanor was very poor decision making. 

His so called clutch innings are very debatable. Look at IPL and he is barely OK not now but for last 5 seasons. 

10 minutes ago, Khota said:

Dhoni in my opinion is very impulsive. I lost faith in this person the day he started bowling himself and asked Dravid to keep in England. That was the day I would have recalled him back pronto.

He did fine but behind that outward cool demeanor was very poor decision making. 

His so called clutch innings are very debatable. Look at IPL and he is barely OK not now but for last 5 seasons. 

Dhoni's never been a great T20 bat, especially for India.  

But ODIs? An ATG. It's a matter of months before he retires IMO. 

3 hours ago, sandeep said:

Dhoni's never been a great T20 bat, especially for India.  

But ODIs? An ATG. It's a matter of months before he retires IMO. 

I hope you are right. It does not help the cause when someone like Shastri who is the biggest sifaarshi in the world comes out yesterday and makes a statement that Dhoni has not peaked yet. I swear I can be a better coach than this moron Shastri.

51 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

8(12) so far when the rrr is more than 9. Tuk tuking. no boundaries at all so far.

Pandey emulating Dhoni well  :hatsoff: 

Finished off with 4.. 51*(36) indeed he is emulating Dhoni very well... Now take this L and crawl back to your bunker.. 

You just got owned by pandey:phehe: