Virat King Kohli : 2nd most number of hundreds in the history of ODIs

Screenshot_1.png

Highest averages
Player Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s
RN ten Doeschate (NL) 2006-2011 33 32 9 1541 119 67.00 1757 87.70 5 9 1 130 29
V Kohli (INDIA) 2008-2017 194 186 32 8587 183 55.75 9362 91.72 30 44 11 803 94
Babar Azam (PAK) 2015-2017 31 31 4 1455 125* 53.88 1643 88.55 5 6 0 120 17
MG Bevan (AUS) 1994-2004 232 196 67 6912 108* 53.58 9320 74.16 6 46 5 450 21
AB de Villiers (Afr/SA) 2005-2017 222 213 39 9319 162* 53.55 9295 100.25 24 53 7 819 194
MS Dhoni (Asia/INDIA) 2004-2017 301 259 74 9658 183* 52.20 10903 88.58 10 65 8 741 210

Overall average has went up to 55.75 after this series. :adore:

38 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

Screenshot_1.png

Highest averages
Player Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s
RN ten Doeschate (NL) 2006-2011 33 32 9 1541 119 67.00 1757 87.70 5 9 1 130 29
V Kohli (INDIA) 2008-2017 194 186 32 8587 183 55.75 9362 91.72 30 44 11 803 94
Babar Azam (PAK) 2015-2017 31 31 4 1455 125* 53.88 1643 88.55 5 6 0 120 17
MG Bevan (AUS) 1994-2004 232 196 67 6912 108* 53.58 9320 74.16 6 46 5 450 21
AB de Villiers (Afr/SA) 2005-2017 222 213 39 9319 162* 53.55 9295 100.25 24 53 7 819 194
MS Dhoni (Asia/INDIA) 2004-2017 301 259 74 9658 183* 52.20 10903 88.58 10 65 8 741 210

Overall average has went up to 55.75 after this series. :adore:

RTDs average here is odd .. boasted agaisnt playing associate teams

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

He is being gracious that's all. He has no equal, 47 avg at 90+ SR in the 70s and 80s when a 35/70 stats would make one an ATG. 2 match winning performances in 2 finals(4 direct hits in 1975 !!!!) and according to anyone who saw him bat, the most ferocious beast who had ever taken stance. If some modern player can have avg 65, SR 130 and a 200 in a WC finals, I will place him equal to Viv. 

Lol even if he is being gracious, it still proves that he is certainly an ATG .

"cannot tie the shoe laces of a certain Viv Richards..." Total non-sense statement that.

Virat Kohli is an ATG...anyone who doesn't see that simply doesn't understand cricket.

Hundreds of renowned crickets/cricket analysts have made their all time 11s. more than 90% of them have VK in their squad. You have your answer right there.

Edited by sourab10forever
8 hours ago, Gollum said:

He is being gracious that's all. He has no equal, 47 avg at 90+ SR in the 70s and 80s when a 35/70 stats would make one an ATG. 2 match winning performances in 2 finals(4 direct hits in 1975 !!!!) and according to anyone who saw him bat, the most ferocious beast who had ever taken stance. If some modern player can have avg 65, SR 130 and a 200 in a WC finals, I will place him equal to Viv. 

While Viv is the greatest ODI player of all time, you are romanticising too much. That West Indies team was the greatest but they were no superhumans either.

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

35/70 stats would make someone a legend ? Huh ? Heights of BS and exaggeration.

Dean Jones, Zaheer Abbas, Mianded, Greg Chappell all averaged comfortably in the 40s at a very decent strike rate in the same ODI era as Richards. 

Sehwag on the other hand is VIVs DADDY in Test cricket. Opened the batting in Tests, averaging 50 8500 plus runs at ODI strike rate of 80 plus, god knows how many 200 plus scores, 2 triples and about  25 tons  ! For someone who has forever been a lower middle order batsmen to come out and do this in Test cricket and tonk around 150K plus bowlers silly  - and you call him a mouse compared to VIv. VIv maybe bigger physically, but in terms of cricketing talent if Sehwag is a mouse, VIv is a lizard 

In ODIS, Kohli is a BOSS. THE BOSS.

GOAT.

Edited by narenpande1
15 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

why this hate bro?  Are you upset at Kohli bcoz of the rift he had with Kumble's coaching style?...just curious. 

I don't hate Kohli bro, he is one of my favourites. But when people here run down SRT and the GOAT Viv, it makes me angry. I made those posts in anger more because of the despicable comments made by Kohli fans and not because I hate Kohli or something. I hate it when people over rate some of the modern day players and make them appear to be something they aren't. If you look at stats ABDV, Kohli, Amla look like the 3 greatest ODI players but they are simply no match for Viv, SRT and a couple more. 

2 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

Lol even if he is being gracious, it still proves that he is certainly an ATG .

"cannot tie the shoe laces of a certain Viv Richards..." Total non-sense statement that.

Virat Kohli is an ATG...anyone who doesn't see that simply doesn't understand cricket.

Hundreds of renowned crickets/cricket analysts have made their all time 11s. more than 90% of them have VK in their squad. You have your answer right there.

Kohli is an ATG, 100% AGREE. But Viv is the undisputed GOAT in ODIs. "Not fit to lace the shoes" was a metaphorical statement and I would apply that to even a certain ABDV. The gulf in class between the GOAT(Viv) and these mortals is too wide, there will never be another player even comparable to Sir Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards in the future, he is an anomaly like Dhyan Chand, Usain Bolt, Phelps etc.

2 hours ago, narenpande1 said:

35/70 stats would make someone a legend ? Huh ? Heights of BS and exaggeration.

Dean Jones, Zaheer Abbas, Mianded, Greg Chappell all averaged comfortably in the 40s at a very decent strike rate in the same ODI era as Richards. 

Sehwag on the other hand is VIVs DADDY in Test cricket. Opened the batting in Tests, averaging 50 8500 plus runs at ODI strike rate of 80 plus, god knows how many 200 plus scores, 2 triples and about  25 tons  ! For someone who has forever been a lower middle order batsmen to come out and do this in Test cricket and tonk around 150K plus bowlers silly  - and you call him a mouse compared to VIv. VIv maybe bigger physically, but in terms of cricketing talent if Sehwag is a mouse, VIv is a lizard 

In ODIS, Kohli is a BOSS. THE BOSS.

GOAT.

Chappell-too low a sample size

Abbas-Chickened out of foreign tours, wet his pants on seeing quicks

Miandad-Low SR and huge home-away mismatch

Dean Jones-Pioneer of ODI batting, a legit ODI ATG, only downside is he could never tear the opposition apart nor had many defining knocks. 

Sehwag is a certified ISO standard HTB cum FTB. Check his record in England, NZ, SA and you will die laughing. A joke against the seaming or swinging ball. Made a career on certain pitches like Ashwin of today, not that i mind it. Both are tremendous cricketers and matchwinners. But you can't seriously compare a Sehwag to a Viv just like you can't compare Ashwin to Warne. I don't want to badmouth our legends but you guys are forcing me to with your ignorant ramblings. 

Kohli is an ATG but what happens to him in WCs? While his record there isn't embarrassing but he has a long long way to go when you see that his GOAT rivals like SRT and Viv have owned the biggest stage handsomely. If Kohli can correct that record and say score 700 runs in 2019 and 600 runs in 2023 edition(even if he can't lead the team to title, I won't downplay him) I will consider him marginally better than SRT. 

ghar ki murgi daal barabar, kohli is a phenom in odi cricket,he was already an odi great 2-3 years back and in another 2-3 years from now will become best ever in odis and dhoni will be 2nd best,both these guys have dominated odi cricket,no odi team will be complete without these two

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Every team in that era had a better bowling unit than the corresponding teams in 2017. 

which teams had better bowling unit? India, SL, NZ apart from Hadlee who retired by mid 80s. which great bowlers England had? Botham who averaged 28 with the ball in that era despite playing a lot in England. SA was facing apartheid. Australia had one Lillie, Thomson barely played 50 ODIs. Only Pak had a good attack that too only after Akram debuted in 85. They too only had Imran and to some extent spinner Qadir before that.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Every team in that era had a better bowling unit than the corresponding teams in 2017. 

No, they did not !

Most really good bowlers of that era were in Richard's team.

Only Australia in the '70s was a really lethal attack but that was in test matches, not ODIs.  And it was only for around 5 years of Richards' career.

Pakistan had one great bowler at a time during Richards' era.  By the time Wasim was good, Imran had declined.  Waqar started playing at the fag end of Richards' career.

NZ had only Hadlee.... see him off and it was a group of mediocre bowlers.

England was very mediocre and so was India ( apart from Kapil Dev for 6 years. )

SL was just starting off.

South Africa was banned for apartheid.

So..... which team are you talking about  ?

39 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

which teams had better bowling unit? India, SL, NZ apart from Hadlee who retired by mid 80s. which great bowlers England had? Botham who averaged 28 with the ball in that era despite playing a lot in England. SA was facing apartheid. Australia had one Lillie, Thomson barely played 50 ODIs. Only Pak had a good attack that too only after Akram debuted in 85. They too only had Imran and to some extent spinner Qadir before that.

Yaar you are correct, spot on. That era had only Hadllee , who is he in front of the ferocious Southee? Only Imran, only Lillee, only Kapil, only Botham, only Willis, only Akram, only Mc Dermott,  only Pascoe, saare ghatiya bowler hai naa? Who are they in front of modern day bowling greats? Thank God Hadlee never had to bowl at Kohli else he would have retired as a one ODI/test wonder. After all Kohli is a master of off stump seaming/swinging deliveries that he so wonderfully exhibited in 2014 against the real greats like Broad and Anderson. On NZ green tops against Hadlee with the red cherry I am sure Kohli would have scored a 25 ball ton every 2nd innings. Viv Richards hai kaun?

Don't forget the pitches these days yaar, so hard to bat on. Kookaburra swings like a banana till 20th over(sorry 40 overs due to 2 new balls) as opposed to the red dukes during Viv's time which faded away after the 1st over, right? Now we have a one bouncer rule unlike the 70s and 80s which had unlimited bouncers rule, must be so difficult for modern day batsmen. Fielding restrictions, powerplay rules etc are such a tough proposition for modern day batsman because they are there to help bowlers, just like free hits and 55 m boundaries. Modern day bats are also another hindrance because unlike them in earlier bats, just wave the bat in your hands and ball would go for 200m six, hence so many sixes back then. 

You are right man, thanks for disseminating knowledge, both you and others in this thread. I have come to the understanding that Viv is an ordinary batsman, forget Kohli, he is even more mediocre than Rayudu. Kohli is GOAT, Kohli is life, gosh I feel enlightened. 

Edited by Gollum
22 minutes ago, express bowling said:

No, they did not !

Most really good bowlers of that era were in Richard's team.

Only Australia in the '70s was a really lethal attack but that was in test matches, not ODIs.  And it was only for around 5 years of Richards' career.

Pakistan had one great bowler at a time during Richards' era.  By the time Wasim was good, Imran had declined.  Waqar started playing at the fag end of Richards' career.

NZ had only Hadlee.... see him off and it was a group of mediocre bowlers.

England was very mediocre and so was India ( apart from Kapil Dev for 6 years. )

SL was just starting off.

South Africa was banned for apartheid.

So..... which team are you talking about  ?

OK, got it. So Wahab/Aamir>>>>Imran, Ws

Wiley, Stokes, Plunkett, Woakes>>>>>Botham, Willis and England was a mediocre team in spite of making 3 finals in the 1st 5 editions unlike today's England which wins WCs just like that

Bhuvi>>>>>Kapil and India was mediocre in 1983 and 1985 (where in spite of bowling out all teams we were just a mediocre bowling unit) 

some random NZ pace battery>>>>Hadlee+friends because as you so rightly pointed out...just play off Hadlee and it is easy runs. Must be so damn simple, just play out Mcgrath, just play out Marshall, just play out Ambrose...then make merry. Wonder why Kohli didn't apply this wonderful advice by playing out Anderson and milking the others in 2014?