India squad for the ODI and T20 series at home vs Australia

ShebbySB

After the convincing win against the Lankans in their own backyard Aussies will be back.We need to win and win well in that series too.

This is my ODI squad:-

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli (c)

Pandey

Dhoni (Wk)

Kedar

Hardik

Axar

Kuldeep

BK (One more series after today's 5 wicket haul)

Bumrah

Reserves :- Rahul,Pant,Chahal,Siraj/Thakur.(I'd prefer Siraj over Thakur personally).

This is my T20 squad:-

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli (c)

Kedar

Pant (Wk)

Hardik

Krunal

Axar

Kuldeep

Siraj

Bumrah

Reserves :- Rahul,Hooda,Chahal,Thakur/Thampi.

ODI-

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

Pandey

Dhoni

Jadhav

Hardik

Kuldeep

Axar/bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah

Reserve- Rahul, Krunal, Chahal, thakur

I dnt expect so many players in squad so if chahal n thakur are dropped as well thats fine. 

Shami needs to get in the team as well if fit 

T20 squad

Rohit 

Kohli 

Manish pandey

Rahul

Pant (WK)

Krunal 

Hardik 

Kuldeep

chahal

Bhuvi

Bumrah 

20 minutes ago, sandeep said:

@Ankit_sharma03

I wouldn't want Manish Pandey in the T20 XI - maybe in the squad, but not in the starting XI.  We need more thumpers in that lineup. Rohit and VK can do the anchor role if required, so can Rahul.  Don't need 4 anchors for 20 overs.  

They aint only anchors they all can blast when needed, n the so called thumpers need to earn their places 

In international t20, bowling quality is better so u need players we have in top 4

Manish hasnt even played much specially international t20 that we even pass a judgement against him . As of now m just choosing better player .....any deserving player i missed out???

27 minutes ago, sandeep said:

@Ankit_sharma03

I wouldn't want Manish Pandey in the T20 XI - maybe in the squad, but not in the starting XI.  We need more thumpers in that lineup. Rohit and VK can do the anchor role if required, so can Rahul.  Don't need 4 anchors for 20 overs.  

Talking about anchors, we have had them in past and yet kohli has been the lone warrior in t20 WC so we need to figure out few more people to fall back on 

One more things regd manish- Ill use the most hated word here process- pandey shud be given chances in diff formats and situation to let him grow and develop as player before 2019 wc. Its all about him giving him max international games before WC and we ll find out about him as player . Some times we discover diff things about player in diff format, Raina , rohit have been more consistent in IPL but when it comes to international t20 kohli has been their baap . So Exposure needs to be given to pandey, rahul to evaluate them in a better way and for their own personal growth 

1 hour ago, ShebbySB said:

Don't see Ashwin,Jadeja,Shami and Yadav coming in.They will be rested.

How much of a rest is to be given to shami, he needs to play as well 

Aus is among top teams whose batsman always do well in India in LOI , so its important to get ur best bowler . 

Yadav is an avg odi bowler we can do without him

Its better for ashwin to play county and aussies has always had a better of him in Odi so he rather be out only 

On 9/3/2017 at 11:41 PM, ShebbySB said:

This is my T20 squad:-

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli (c)

Kedar

Pant (Wk)

Hardik

Krunal

Axar

Kuldeep

Siraj

Bumrah

Reserves :- Rahul,Hooda,Chahal,Thakur/Thampi.

Dhawan .....in t20 why?????? he has been a failure

Jadhav hasnt been good in IPL offlately either 

Axar n krunal in same line up makes no sense, bring chahal he has been good in t20s 

Rahul has a t20 international 100 batting at 4 , he shudnt be in reserves 

Mine would be like,

ODI

Kohli(c)

Pant

Dhawan(vc)

Pandey

Jadhav

Shankar

Hardik

Mishra

Kuldeep

Shami

Khejroliya

Rahul

Dhoni

Rinku

Tewatia

Bumrah

T20I

Kohli(c)

Tripathi

Pant

Rana

Jadhav

Krunal

Hardik(vc)

Tewatia

Kuldeep

Unadkat

Bumrah

Rahul

Harbhajan

Bhuvneshwar

P.s. Chahal

Edited by JaFanatic
5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Aus is among top teams whose batsman always do well in India in LOI , so its important to get ur best bowler . 

Its better for ashwin to play county and aussies has always had a better of him in Odi so he rather be out only 

Its better that Shami and Umesh remain fully fit for SA tour. That should be the top priority right now. I think it would be better to try some new pacer like Siraj. Shardul should be given a proper run too. Also important that Bumrah and BK should be rotated so that they get proper rest. 

3 hours ago, Mosher said:

Its better that Shami and Umesh remain fully fit for SA tour. That should be the top priority right now. I think it would be better to try some new pacer like Siraj. Shardul should be given a proper run too. Also important that Bumrah and BK should be rotated so that they get proper rest. 

Siraj thampy are still a bit raw and its better if they play domestic at this point rather going against aussie bashers on our pattas

They cud be tried may be against a poor side like Lanka 

Shami not only has to be fit but match fit to , he has to be in rhythem n full flow . I dnt see hows that possible by resting all the time. He shud play this series and then rested for next few series before Sa tour 

4 hours ago, tweaker said:

Selectors should try Aniket Chaudhary the left arm pacer for this series

Aniket doesnt look good for LOI

On 9/5/2017 at 5:12 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I'd pick both Kuldeep and Chahal in the XI against the Aussies with Axar as back up.Then 2 seamers in Bumrah and BK.Well if Shami is picked then Bumrah and Shami.Hardik and Kedar as the 5th and 6th option.Hope they give at least 12-14 overs between them.