Can Krunal Pandya bat at #6 in the ODI team?

SecondSlip

12 hours ago, Texan said:

We absolutely positively must try him. Both Pandya brothers have that clean striking ability that is so crucial for batsmen who bat at 6 & 7 in ODIs. Jadhav or Pandey should play at 5 and Dhoni bat at 4. Have Pandya brothers come in at 6 & 7.

6. Krunal

7. Hardik

8. Bhuvi

9. Kuldeep

10. Chahal

11. Bumrah

Hopefully Bhuvi can continue his decent batting form also and be a competent number 8.

Whom you can trust make runs from above, Chiku insist every bowler need to make runs in ODI NOW 

virat already starts 2019 WC preparation 

Edited by Wapas
13 hours ago, Texan said:

We absolutely positively must try him. Both Pandya brothers have that clean striking ability that is so crucial for batsmen who bat at 6 & 7 in ODIs. Jadhav or Pandey should play at 5 and Dhoni bat at 4. Have Pandya brothers come in at 6 & 7.

6. Krunal

7. Hardik

8. Bhuvi

9. Kuldeep

10. Chahal

11. Bumrah

Hopefully Bhuvi can continue his decent batting form also and be a competent number 8.

25 overs of spin, plus Kedar as 6th bowler.  That's way too many.  Especially for away games.  

7 minutes ago, Texan said:

Gives you options. On a non spin friendly surface one could replace Chahal or Kuldeep with Shami. 

Yes.  I think we are all in agreement that we need another bowling option in the team, a guy that can provide some power-hitting as well.   Raina maybe serviceable option today, but not sure about 2019 WC.  That's why a guy like Krunal may get an opportunity sooner rather than later, even though he doesn't quite have the domestic track record to 'earn' it.   Re-inforces my point about the overall fairness and decent job done by our selectors, overall.  When there's a need to fill a specific kind of role, historically Indian selectors have "reached" into the prospect pool, and escalated a player's progression to the national team.   

13 hours ago, Texan said:

And you think Umesh is another Amir? Based on what evidence?

Amir is a wicketless wonder himself....on most days.

on topic

whether he bats at 6 or somewhere else he needs to be tried asap,we dont have that long before wc 19

Edited by RAZPOR
1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Yes.  I think we are all in agreement that we need another bowling option in the team, a guy that can provide some power-hitting as well.   Raina maybe serviceable option today, but not sure about 2019 WC.  That's why a guy like Krunal may get an opportunity sooner rather than later, even though he doesn't quite have the domestic track record to 'earn' it.   Re-inforces my point about the overall fairness and decent job done by our selectors, overall.  When there's a need to fill a specific kind of role, historically Indian selectors have "reached" into the prospect pool, and escalated a player's progression to the national team.   

problem with raina is that he cannot handle good bouncy pitches ...and he plays all big shots on leg side....but krunal is a powerul striker of a ball who plays fast bowlers well too...

21 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

problem with raina is that he cannot handle good bouncy pitches ...and he plays all big shots on leg side....but krunal is a powerul striker of a ball who plays fast bowlers well too...

And you know this because you have seen Krunal bat against international class pace bowlers outside of India.  Not.  

21 minutes ago, sandeep said:

And you know this because you have seen Krunal bat against international class pace bowlers outside of India.  Not.  

jst seen his shots in ipl against fast bowlers.....but not validating him...as he needs to be tried out 

even in india a tour in sa ..he played well against their bowlers.....so needs to be tested

Edited by LORD_analyst
2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

KP is not better than any of our top6. 

None of top 6 bowls ......so there is no comparison . None of them bowls that the reason we need someone like KP

We are not going after KP the batsman but KP the package 

22 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

Whatever i hve seen of KP he plays spin damn well but i have my doubts about his batting against pace bowling, infact in SA-A he was playing bouncers with a horrible technique

But he deserves time to fail or succeed , raina has been given enough time now