Looks have become more important than form, says Sunil Gavaskar (Coz rahane is dropped)

“The way the selections have gone for this series, it looks like all the nice guys are being left out and they are missing out on fattening their individual career aggregates with bat or ball,” Gavaskar wrote in his column for The Times of India.

“Maybe they should start getting a different hair style and some body art done too to get picked in the team.”

“India had made changes on expected lines with the unassuming trio of Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kedar Jadhav and Yuzvendra Chahal being left out of the side. Rahul got yet another chance while the top scorer of the just-concluded one-day series in the West Indies - Ajinkya Rahane - sat out once again,” he stated.

“After the magnificent partnership between Rohit Sharma and skipper Kohli had been broken, it was expected that Rahul would come in to bat. He would have had time to settle down and get his eye in. Instead it was Hardik Pandya who was sent in earlier. It didn’t make much of a difference as Sharma got out next over so Rahul came in, but never looked settled and he once again failed to pick Dananjaya’s wrong one. It is understandable to keep the faith in a player but not at the expense of an in-form batsman who has done nothing wrong to be sitting out.”

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-vs-sri-lanka-2017/sunil-gavaskar-taunts-team-selection-says-hairstyles-more-important-than-form/story-WPZJHulH0ZDD9PDnEjpXiL.html

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Holly molly!!

I now hate Gavakskar to the core now. He biased commentary ignoring opposition players shots and wickets, his attitude of selfish milestones annoys me like anything.  Just cuz his bambais Rahane whosestrike rate aftrr playing for so many matches is still in 70s and averages still in 30s is being left out, his pants go on fire. Hate this guy

2 hours ago, NareshK said:

To be fair, Rahane has done well in WI series and after Yuvraj was dropped,  Pandey and KL Rahul were picked ahead of him and rightly so because they are better options than Rahane in ODI format. But I can see how he or his supporters can think its a bit unfair.

Rahane I think did well in WI as an opener. Opner's slot was not vacant in this series until last game.

Edited by rkt.india