Dhoni back in Top 10 ODI batting rankings [Joint at Top 10]

velu

9 hours ago, Khota said:

Several things wrong with that six. First with 10 balls to spare there was no need for it. Dhoni is about self promotion. Why did he come above Raina/ That was so selfish. Next you will tell me he is better bat than Raina. Dhoni is smoke and mirror. Trust me I liked him and he was good once. Now he is in the way of progres. That is all.

On serious note, I still believe that MoM was Gambhir. Dhoni nicked it

10 hours ago, Khota said:

Several things wrong with that six. First with 10 balls to spare there was no need for it. Dhoni is about self promotion. Why did he come above Raina/ That was so selfish. Next you will tell me he is better bat than Raina. Dhoni is smoke and mirror. Trust me I liked him and he was good once. Now he is in the way of progres. That is all.

:argh: ...yippee ki yay mother nature

28 minutes ago, Khota said:

If anyone on this board thinks that Dhoni is top 10 batsman I feel bad for you. Your knowledge of sports is so superficial that it is not even worth discussing. Downright shameful.

Next you will tell me Gurmeet Ram Rahim was a messenger of god.

Quit D#@k riding Dhoni. He was good once he is done now.

Thats icc ranking

Postal Address Street 69, Dubai Sports City, Sh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, Dubai, PO Box 500 070, UAE
Telephone +971 4 3828800
Fax +971 4 3828600
General Enquiry Email

enquiry@icc-cricket.com

If ur unhappy u can raise ur concern to them 

4 minutes ago, Khota said:

The lack of sports understanding is astounding. Even in that WC Dhoni was not even the top 5 Indian batsman. Few NO and and a flawed average stat system does not tell the story. Cricket stats are meaningless. If you have any background in stats you will understand that. otherwise you are wasting time.

Then whats meaningful .......

2 minutes ago, kira said:

And yuvi scored 150, your point is?

Dnt ask that question then when u knw he did score runs 

Post that yuvi looked out of soughts almost in every game leave one game against pakistan

Dhoni didnt look out of place , neither he became a liability on field on running btw wkts like yuvi 

Also the point is the man in ur dp didnt back yuvi and yuvi is out of the team .....huge diff 

3 minutes ago, kira said:

Imagine if he loses India a major tournament...oh wait we don't need to imagine that..it already happened many times 

If it comes to one player loosing a game well, i dnt knw what 10 players are doing in the team 

1 hour ago, kira said:

And yuvi scored 150, your point is?

Its funny in that innings yuvi took the attack to the opposition, whereas dhoni was tuk tukin at the other end. Yeah Yuvi is inconsistent, but when he comes off, he really comes off. His two innings, the hundred against England and the 50 against Pakistani are better than any Dhoni innings in the past 5 years. Dhoni can play the fiddle road. But he is useless when he has to attack. This is the bitter truth that some fanboys on this site choose to be in denial about. He can take a few singles here and there and score a bounday every 6-7 overs. That's about it. Look at the match where bhuvi outscored him, if it wasnt for him, we would have definitely lost the match. 

27 minutes ago, RAZPOR said:

All the fanboys and antifanboys need to accept whats true though ,dhoni is a great batsman and captain .

He is still reasonably good but has significantly depleted hitting ability.He is still an asset on the field just not in the last 10 overs.So if he is to play 2019 wc ,team needs to plan keeping his current limitations in mind.

I Agree

But here is something ill add, he is on dip and thats a phase every cricketer goes through . Like every new player even these top players need some patience and dhoni apart from his strike rate is doing most things right as of now hence he rightly deserves time n patience. When u compare him to someone like yuvraj singh, there was a lot more negatives in his case and yet time n again we went back to him from 2011-2017, 

I hve seen a very slight improvement in dhoni from WI series to SL series it may be due to a tweak in his technique . We have to understand its not an easy process to wakeup n become what u were n neither it wud happen. A challenge for international player is adaptability not only against conditions but against his own physical n mental abilities. Just becoz u have played for 10+ yrs doesnt mean things wud become easy......every player has its own challenges. Age n past reputation shudnt be criteria but if the player is contributing to the team in anyway he shud be persisted with . At ICF we ignore the value of experience, u cant throw all player and have all new members in squad . A good team is always a balance between exp and young players . Knifes have been out for him for long and i dnt remeber many series were he was ur worst batsman, 2016Wc t20, ind-nz, ind-eng, ind-wi, ind-sl ..........and neither was he the worst on field as well . So no way he is our biggest problem, yes there is some issue but not as much as the lynch mobbing is going on 

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Thats icc ranking

Postal Address Street 69, Dubai Sports City, Sh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, Dubai, PO Box 500 070, UAE
Telephone +971 4 3828800
Fax +971 4 3828600
General Enquiry Email

enquiry@icc-cricket.com

I am very dissatisfied but I dont have time to waste.

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Thats icc ranking

Telephone +971 4 3828800
Fax +971 4 3828600
General Enquiry Email

enquiry@icc-cricket.com

Clearly you refuse to understand.

12 minutes ago, Khota said:

Clearly you refuse to understand.

Clearly u have no point to make, if stats are meaningless then whats ur argument based on ?????

14 minutes ago, Khota said:

Dhoni currently is not even top 10 in India forget about the world. The current stats are flawed. Till a betetr metrics comes along enjoy your superficial ride.

Also who are india's top 10 odi batsman i wud like to know and these players are above dhoni ......hmmmm who ????

Kon hai ye 10 ache batsman aur team men kyun nahin hai 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03