Sign in to follow this  
velu

Dhoni back in Top 10 ODI batting rankings [Joint at Top 10]

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

How many years have dhoni been in top 10 in his whole international career????? i think shud be 70% easily 

Every year leaving out last year from the time he made in to top 10. 

So that's 13th Feb 2006 to somewhere in 2016 he was dropped to 13th and back at it again. 

5 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Every year leaving out last year from the time he made in to top 10. 

So that's 13th Feb 2006 to somewhere in 2016 he was dropped to 13th and back at it again. 

And some genius said this few days ago

On 9/3/2017 at 7:39 PM, Khota said:

At his peak he was a ggod wkt keeper and a decent bat. No more no less.

:phehe::phehe:.........

I wish we have more decent players like him 

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

And some genius said this few days ago

:phehe::phehe:.........

I wish we have more decent players like him 

There is a word for it . Padding your stats. How did he perform when it mattered?

31 minutes ago, Khota said:

There is a word for it . Padding your stats. How did he perform when it mattered?

91* finished the game off with a six... WHEN IT ACTUALLY MATTERED 

Name a bigger moment in Cricket history bigger than that for India LOL in last 25 years.. Hell even throughout the whole history nothing can match that. 

Edited by Rasgulla

53 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

91* finished the game off with a six... WHEN IT ACTUALLY MATTERED 

Name a bigger moment in Cricket history bigger than that for India LOL in last 25 years.. Hell even throughout the whole history nothing can match that. 

Several things wrong with that six. First with 10 balls to spare there was no need for it. Dhoni is about self promotion. Why did he come above Raina/ That was so selfish. Next you will tell me he is better bat than Raina. Dhoni is smoke and mirror. Trust me I liked him and he was good once. Now he is in the way of progres. That is all.

Edited by Khota

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Several things wrong with that six. First with 10 balls to spare there was no need for it. Dhoni is about self promotion. Why did he come above Raina/ That was so selfish. Next you will tell me he is better bat than Raina. Dhoni is smoke and mirror. Trust me I liked him and he was good once. Now he is in the way of progres. That is all.

Are you actually being serious? Dhoni batted ahead of Raina even in SF. He is in his zone there nothing could go wrong he created a historic moment with that 6..  We got lot of batting to come even he gets out lol do you even know what's required runrate when he hit a six? Atleast get your facts right for once. @Ankit_sharma03we saw lot of crap in this forum but this one is up there. 

Edited by Rasgulla

3 hours ago, Khota said:

:hysterical::hysterical:

Is that some sort of parody account :lmao:

Dhoni not a better batsman than Raina ? :rofl:

3 hours ago, Khota said:

:rotfl::rotfl: Infested by the ADF syndrome. Get well soon. 

9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Switzerland is world no 4 and Poland is no 5 in FIFA rankings, Roberto Batista Agut is no 10 in ATP rankings........don't be a slave to rankings. Anyone with two eyes and a half functioning brain will figure out the real top dogs from these fake impostors. 

i think you might start crying soon :p:

cool is here to stay till 2019 wc and he might play as long as he enjoys after :aha:

9 hours ago, Khota said:

Stats is perfomance

Every game u play for country matters, none are considered as practice games

Did u see wc2011 final, nothing gets bigger then a wc

8 hours ago, Khota said:

Several things wrong with that six. First with 10 balls to spare there was no need for it.

sSJQgmW.gif

what did i just read

8 hours ago, Khota said:

Dhoni is about self promotion.

He was one the better players against Muralitharan, 

We need a left right hand combination , someone who can play the single double game with gambhir to get us out of strangle and slowly slowly inch towards victory and he perfectly did

See thats the problem with many indians, had a promotion been done by a gora these people wud have called him brave

When it was done by our player who he was selfish he wanted to hog limelight, really he went out n won u the game what guarntee do u have that other wud have done that successfully 

8 hours ago, Khota said:

Why did he come above Raina/ That was so selfish.

See i told yaaa

8 hours ago, Khota said:

Next you will tell me he is better bat than Raina. Dhoni is smoke and mirror. Trust me I liked him and he was good once. Now he is in the way of progres. That is all.

So u mean raina is a better batsman then dhoni ..........

Is ur acc handled by raina's nephew

9 hours ago, Khota said:

On serious note, I still believe that MoM was Gambhir. Dhoni nicked it

10 hours ago, Khota said:

:argh: ...yippee ki yay mother nature

28 minutes ago, Khota said:

If anyone on this board thinks that Dhoni is top 10 batsman I feel bad for you. Your knowledge of sports is so superficial that it is not even worth discussing. Downright shameful.

Next you will tell me Gurmeet Ram Rahim was a messenger of god.

Quit D#@k riding Dhoni. He was good once he is done now.

Thats icc ranking

Postal Address Street 69, Dubai Sports City, Sh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, Dubai, PO Box 500 070, UAE
Telephone +971 4 3828800
Fax +971 4 3828600
General Enquiry Email

enquiry@icc-cricket.com

If ur unhappy u can raise ur concern to them 

4 minutes ago, Khota said:

The lack of sports understanding is astounding. Even in that WC Dhoni was not even the top 5 Indian batsman. Few NO and and a flawed average stat system does not tell the story. Cricket stats are meaningless. If you have any background in stats you will understand that. otherwise you are wasting time.

Then whats meaningful .......

16 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Imagine if he helps india win a major tournament, ADF will need an anti depression helpline. :rotfl: 

Imagine if he loses India a major tournament...oh wait we don't need to imagine that..it already happened many times 

2 minutes ago, kira said:

And yuvi scored 150, your point is?

Dnt ask that question then when u knw he did score runs 

Post that yuvi looked out of soughts almost in every game leave one game against pakistan

Dhoni didnt look out of place , neither he became a liability on field on running btw wkts like yuvi 

Also the point is the man in ur dp didnt back yuvi and yuvi is out of the team .....huge diff 

3 minutes ago, kira said:

Imagine if he loses India a major tournament...oh wait we don't need to imagine that..it already happened many times 

If it comes to one player loosing a game well, i dnt knw what 10 players are doing in the team 

All the fanboys and antifanboys need to accept whats true though ,dhoni is a great batsman and captain .

He is still reasonably good but has significantly depleted hitting ability.He is still an asset on the field just not in the last 10 overs.So if he is to play 2019 wc ,team needs to plan keeping his current limitations in mind.

1 hour ago, kira said:

And yuvi scored 150, your point is?

Its funny in that innings yuvi took the attack to the opposition, whereas dhoni was tuk tukin at the other end. Yeah Yuvi is inconsistent, but when he comes off, he really comes off. His two innings, the hundred against England and the 50 against Pakistani are better than any Dhoni innings in the past 5 years. Dhoni can play the fiddle road. But he is useless when he has to attack. This is the bitter truth that some fanboys on this site choose to be in denial about. He can take a few singles here and there and score a bounday every 6-7 overs. That's about it. Look at the match where bhuvi outscored him, if it wasnt for him, we would have definitely lost the match. 

27 minutes ago, RAZPOR said:

All the fanboys and antifanboys need to accept whats true though ,dhoni is a great batsman and captain .

He is still reasonably good but has significantly depleted hitting ability.He is still an asset on the field just not in the last 10 overs.So if he is to play 2019 wc ,team needs to plan keeping his current limitations in mind.

I Agree

But here is something ill add, he is on dip and thats a phase every cricketer goes through . Like every new player even these top players need some patience and dhoni apart from his strike rate is doing most things right as of now hence he rightly deserves time n patience. When u compare him to someone like yuvraj singh, there was a lot more negatives in his case and yet time n again we went back to him from 2011-2017, 

I hve seen a very slight improvement in dhoni from WI series to SL series it may be due to a tweak in his technique . We have to understand its not an easy process to wakeup n become what u were n neither it wud happen. A challenge for international player is adaptability not only against conditions but against his own physical n mental abilities. Just becoz u have played for 10+ yrs doesnt mean things wud become easy......every player has its own challenges. Age n past reputation shudnt be criteria but if the player is contributing to the team in anyway he shud be persisted with . At ICF we ignore the value of experience, u cant throw all player and have all new members in squad . A good team is always a balance between exp and young players . Knifes have been out for him for long and i dnt remeber many series were he was ur worst batsman, 2016Wc t20, ind-nz, ind-eng, ind-wi, ind-sl ..........and neither was he the worst on field as well . So no way he is our biggest problem, yes there is some issue but not as much as the lynch mobbing is going on 

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Thats icc ranking

Postal Address Street 69, Dubai Sports City, Sh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, Dubai, PO Box 500 070, UAE
Telephone +971 4 3828800
Fax +971 4 3828600
General Enquiry Email

enquiry@icc-cricket.com

I am very dissatisfied but I dont have time to waste.

Thats icc ranking

Telephone +971 4 3828800
Fax +971 4 3828600
General Enquiry Email

enquiry@icc-cricket.com

Clearly you refuse to understand.

12 minutes ago, Khota said:

Clearly you refuse to understand.

Clearly u have no point to make, if stats are meaningless then whats ur argument based on ?????

14 minutes ago, Khota said:

Dhoni currently is not even top 10 in India forget about the world. The current stats are flawed. Till a betetr metrics comes along enjoy your superficial ride.

Also who are india's top 10 odi batsman i wud like to know and these players are above dhoni ......hmmmm who ????

Kon hai ye 10 ache batsman aur team men kyun nahin hai 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Clearly u have no point to make, if stats are meaningless then whats ur argument based on ?????

Also who are india's top 10 odi batsman i wud like to know and these players are above dhoni ......hmmmm who ????

Starting out stats done straight up as in cricket are meaningless. 

They do not assign weightage to the calbre of the bowler. If you dont take the effectiveness of the bowler into account your runs scored sre meaningless.

Like in 2011 WC he was not even the top 5 Indian batsman. Fact.

it should not be difficult for you to figure out he is not in top 10 of India currently.

That wud be somewat applicable on small sample of stats not stats of 12 yr career

They do not assign weightage to the calbre of the bowler. If you dont take the effectiveness of the bowler into account your runs scored sre meaningless.

So u mean he has bashed poor set of bowlers 

N yet he scored in final when it mattered most, its not about being in top 5 or 3.. its about making ur team win 

At the end that one innings mattered the most 

it should not be difficult for you to figure out he is not in top 10 of India currently.

11 minutes ago, Khota said:

Baki 10 ki sifarish nahin hain.

Go ahead take those 10 names , ru afraid that ull become a laughing stock . Im not saying he is the best or even doing gr8 but who are these 10 better batsman i wanna know 

Go ahead name them 

3 hours ago, Laaloo said:

Its funny in that innings yuvi took the attack to the opposition, whereas dhoni was tuk tukin at the other end. Yeah Yuvi is inconsistent, but when he comes off, he really comes off. His two innings, the hundred against England and the 50 against Pakistani are better than any Dhoni innings in the past 5 years. Dhoni can play the fiddle road. But he is useless when he has to attack. This is the bitter truth that some fanboys on this site choose to be in denial about. He can take a few singles here and there and score a bounday every 6-7 overs. That's about it. Look at the match where bhuvi outscored him, if it wasnt for him, we would have definitely lost the match. 

there is something called steadying the ship :phehe:

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Khote stop trolling, substantiate your claims for once. 

That wud be somewat applicable on small sample of stats not stats of 12 yr career

So u mean he has bashed poor set of bowlers 

N yet he scored in final when it mattered most, its not about being in top 5 or 3.. its about making ur team win 

At the end that one innings mattered the most 

Go ahead take those 10 names , ru afraid that ull become a laughing stock . Im not saying he is the best or even doing gr8 but who are these 10 better batsman i wanna know 

Go ahead name them 

12 yr is a better sample sze. Not perfect. Currently Dhoni is not a good batsman.

Indeed he has bashed hapless SL to get the top 10. he was pathetic two months back. Did he get better? Ask yourself that question.

So you agree he was not the top 5 batsmn. Thanks.

I will.That is easy.

4 hours ago, Vilander said:

Khote stop trolling, substantiate your claims for once. 

He was not the top 5 batsman in WC. Why is that hard for you to understand? If your IQ is not more than the room temp not much I can o about that.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.