Select your best T20 XI for India

sandeep

13 minutes ago, sandeep said:

So 2 pacers, one wrist spinner, one pace bowling allrounder, one spin-bowling allrounder and a couple of part-time spin options.   

Why with all these players available for selection, is the Indian team going with the likes of Pandey, Dhawan etc.  

Because we are playing one-off T20Is in the recent past and separate T20I teams are not being chosen. Dhawan was dropped for the 3 match T20I series against England in early 2017.

Also, Krunal bowls 4 overs regularly in the IPL and can be a full-time T20I bowler atleast  ( maybe a part-time ODI bowler as of now ).

12 minutes ago, Texan said:

He's not a big hitter. We already have Kohli who does all that. What we lack are big strikers.

He's a reliable player in all situations, will get you quick runs even without the sixers. Doesn't need balls to get in before starting scoring. Pandya should also be there and so should Pandey. Pandey has chances of coming in top 2 most useful LoI batters. 

17 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

He's a reliable player in all situations, will get you quick runs even without the sixers. Doesn't need balls to get in before starting scoring. Pandya should also be there and so should Pandey. Pandey has chances of coming in top 2 most useful LoI batters. 

We tried this same approach in the 2016 World T20 and it did not work out for us. We got "out-sixed" by the West Indian hitters and it is high time we get some hitters in our team as well.

18 minutes ago, Texan said:

We tried this same approach in the 2016 World T20 and it did not work out for us. We got "out-sixed" by the West Indian hitters and it is high time we get some hitters in our team as well.

The biggest burden on Indian team over the past few years (including in the recent champions trophy ) has been Yuvraj. We haven't given Pandey a chance... remember how he won us the ODI chasing vs Australia in Australia.

Just now, randomGuy said:

The biggest burden on Indian team over the past few years (including in the recent champions trophy ) has been Yuvraj. We haven't given Pandey a chance... remember how he won us the ODI chasing vs Australia in Australia.

That was an ODI. I think he is very suited for ODIs. For T20s, I think we should adopt a different strategy as the current one of playing T20s in ODI mode with same set of players is not working. Despite having the best T20 league in the World and having a bench that is primed and played with international top players, we are nowhere close to the best T20 team in the World.

Jadhav is an average Fielder ,I guess in t20s he is not gud enuf and also in wrong side of 30s.
Dhoni is the best keeper in the world but T-20s has less role for a keeper..He is not a hitter anymore..

Rahul/Rohit/Kohli/Raina/pandey/Pant/Pandya/Kuldeep/Bhuvi/Bumrah/Shami

46 minutes ago, Texan said:

That was an ODI. I think he is very suited for ODIs. For T20s, I think we should adopt a different strategy as the current one of playing T20s in ODI mode with same set of players is not working. Despite having the best T20 league in the World and having a bench that is primed and played with international top players, we are nowhere close to the best T20 team in the World.

Thanks to shitty selection (Yuvraj, Dhoni inclusion) to a large extent. Yuvraj has been a bojh for the longest time..hurt us in T20s, ODIs everywhere. People like me have been crying here for the longest time. Pandey is an extremely valuable player for his IPL side as well.

Edited by randomGuy
7 hours ago, randomGuy said:

He's fine in Odis. He's not good enough in t20s. He's another dhoni in that format. He can't hit from ball one. Needs 30-40 balls to settle in and even then he doesn't hit enough to justify his slow start in t20s.